Once you go 6 Plus once you'll always go back, does anyone else feel this way?

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
While I love my phablets I can also appreciate a smaller handset. My still-working 32GB iPhone 4 seems just a bit too small though. ...would love to have a new 32GB 5s but I couldn't justify it given the price of a new 32GB Nexus 5.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Once you go 6 Plus once you'll always go back

It's usually hard for me to enjoy smaller phones. I think a 4" screen is the smallest I'd want and about 6" is the biggest.

from Elegance
Have you ever held a 6" screen phone in your hand? I've held the 6" LG G Flex, and it's ridiculously large. It felt like holding a tablet to my ear. I didn't find it practical at all. LOL
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437741864.060039.jpg

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Have you ever held a 6" screen phone in your hand? I've held the 6" LG G Flex, and it's ridiculously large. It felt like holding a tablet to my ear. I didn't find it practical at all. LOL
View attachment 85853

I have and even with small girly hands it's still fun. The Nexus 6 is great.

Sent from the Elegance

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I seriously considered a G Flex 2 and would still look at a Nexus 6. They're not all that much bigger than the 6 Plus, they just don't have >1/2" of bezel on the top and bottom. The bezel on the iPhone seems unnecessarily large to me. I know the fingerprint scanner requires some room and Apple wanted to keep the top and bottom bezel size symmetric but the bezels on my 6 Plus are huge. I'm not being overly critical, just truthful, my 6 Plus is still gorgeous.

nancybout

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site

I love the plus
I have both
My daughter has the 6 and I traded my 6 in for the plus.
Never looked back.
Personally I love the size it's perfect

suken123

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site

I have used the earlier iPhones and now using the 6 plus and believe it or not I find myself doing a lot of stuff on it without having to go to my iPad and in some cases the Mac also. That's how complete it is

xNeezzy

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site

Totally disagree!! I owned an iPhone 6 first, bought an iPhone 6 plus to try it out and I love it! Never going back to the iPhone 6.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site

My ultimate solution is just to have both. The 6 Plus in Space Grey like I have and a 6 in gold (to replace this little, tiny, minuscule, and small iPhone 4s).

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I'll have to agree. I mentioned this in another post. I have the iPhone 6 Plus at release, had it for about seven months before I decided to downgrade to the iPhone six regular. It only lasted about three weeks before I came back to the 6+. I don't think I'll ever be able to use the smaller version. The screen is awesome.

jeffb06l4

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site

I honestly never considered the 6, the 6 plus is the only one I wanted. After owning and loving both the iPhone 4 and 5, I was ready for the bigger screen. My iPhone 5 screen looks so tiny now, lol. I can't see myself going back to a smaller screen.

Mercule

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site

My wife and I moved from Lumia 928s, which is almost exactly the same size as the standard 6, about two weeks ago. I really wasn't sure about the 6+, but figured I had a 14 day window to drop to the standard 6. I joked with my wife about calling her on "my surf board". After about 3 days, it was a no-brainer. My wife's 6 feels so small, my 6+ is easy to read and play games, and it fits just fine in my pocket, even with the case (Spigen).

Still, I'm a pretty big guy, with pretty big hands. My wife is isn't tiny, but the 6+ isn't comfortable for her. She's pretty active during the day, whereas I'm a programmer. There are a lot of factors that can go into the phone selection. For me, though, the 6+ is great. Much bigger, though, and it probably would start to get unwieldy -- there's no chance that I'm going to get a belt clip.

suken123

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site

Nope. Love the 6+. I do lot of work on it. For me in many instances replacing the iPad

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

No. The 6 Plus has vastly superior battery life to the 6, and honestly while it may not be a big deal to some people... I don't want a 768p (or whatever it is) screen resolution on a flagship phone. The size is nice. I would actually prefer that size, if it had a 1080p screen and a bigger battery (2,400 mAh+) in it.

However, I do find it hard to go down to a smaller phone once you get used to the bigger ones.

But of course sometimes I do wish I had something a bit easier to use with one hand.

The benefits far outweigh the drawbacks for me, though.

Jimmy Gun

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site

i like the big screen phone , trade my s6 in to iPhone 6+. the best choice for me ^^

sallenthornton

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

I knew as soon as the plus was announced that I would be getting it. I never once considered getting the 6. It was go big or go home for me. If apple hadn't released the plus, I would be rocking a Note series phone right now. Absolutely no regrets on my decision.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

I actually went 6 to 6 Plus back to 6. Just missed the smaller form factor after a while.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2