iPhone 6 Plus bent.... Now what?

jakdillard

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Here is the way to completely fix all fear of bending iPhones as well as fix the bent phone itself.

Put all of your accessories back in the box along with the iPhone, then take your box and receipts and get into your car, next while listening to eminem's "Stan" drive to your local Apple Store, once you have located the store grab a pen and jot down how the bent iphone ruined your life, lastly drive past the Apple Store finding the nearest cliff or bridge and punch the gas driving off.

It's grim but problems solved.

EarleD

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I've been biting my tongue since this thread started but finally I gotta vent, just a little...

This whole bending thing is not the phone, I'm betting it's the fat @$$ that it's pressed up against. 😈. You're not a size 32 waist anymore, buy a 36 & your phone will be fine.

Another thing, I have yet to hear or read about one kid who sags his pants complain about a bending 6 Plus. 💀 Buy a 38 waist instead & sag...

Whew...ok I feel better,

Peace ✌️

Glad you feel better SMH

r_now

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
My Iphone 6 plus bent. It has been in a case since I bought it (though a thin one since I did not want to add too much size) I rarely if ever sit with it in my pocket, and I am always careful with it. That being said, I noticed a slight bend in my phone recently. I have no idea what caused it but it was normal use. It should be covered under warranty. Cell phones should be able to live up to normal wear and tear which would include being in a pocket, purse, or bag since they are meant to be carried with you. I am disappointed in you Apple!! To those of you calling those of us morons for having a bent Iphone, I can only hope you experience the same fate as us.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
My Iphone 6 plus bent. It has been in a case since I bought it (though a thin one since I did not want to add too much size) I rarely if ever sit with it in my pocket, and I am always careful with it. That being said, I noticed a slight bend in my phone recently. I have no idea what caused it but it was normal use. It should be covered under warranty. Cell phones should be able to live up to normal wear and tear which would include being in a pocket, purse, or bag since they are meant to be carried with you. I am disappointed in you Apple!! To those of you calling those of us morons for having a bent Iphone, I can only hope you experience the same fate as us.

It's easy to experience the same "fate" as you and others like you...we bend our phone and maintain a baffling level of entitlement while taking zero responsibility for our own actions.

Surprisingly, this isn't such a rare characteristic...children do it all the time.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
To those of you calling those of us morons for having a bent Iphone, I can only hope you experience the same fate as us.

Damn a iPhone curse. I guess I'll have to sleep with a necklace made of frayed 30 pin cables to ward off the evil spirits that bends the iPhone 6 Plus.

TechGod2014

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
Funny Story..... i had a slightly bend iphone. I use A leather case with it and just recently I dropped it and the screen cracked. I made my way to the Apple Store after I made an appointment to replace the screen which should only cost $130. after waiting two hours I finally get someone to help me. This person takes my phone and puts it on the flat table and starts checking for Bends. I'm looking at him like he's crazy because my phone is working perfectly for the exception of the broken screen. I figured it will be a easy fix he'll change out the screen and charge the $130. He then tells me that if for any reason they can't properly replace the screen because the slight bend on the phone I will need to pay $300 to replace it. I looked at him like if he's retarded now. I'm like the phone is working perfectly I just need a new screen. Why won't you be able to just change out the screen? He then tells me that due To the bend that they might not be able to get the screen on it and run the diagnostics afterwards so I would need to give them permission to replace the entire phone. I told him no I just need you to change out the screen. I do not want a new phone nor can I afford it. Then he tells me that if they can't replace the screen I will have a nonfunctioning iPhone because they'll just give it back to me and pieces. At that point I'm furious I can't believe that changing out the screen on this phone would be such an ordeal. Since I have insurance through T-Mobile I just decided to get a replacement phone through them. I was a little skeptical at first because I did not want a refurbished phone after spending close to 1000 for my now broken phone. But After dealing with Apple I said F it I'm just gonna pay the 175 deductible and replace the phone through T-Mobile's insurance plan. I get the phone the very next day and it's a brand-new iPhone 6 Plus. The moral to the story is that these phones to bend easily and if your phone is slightly bent take it to Apple immediately so that they can replace it because if in the future you do have an issue with your phone they are going to use the bend as an excuse. Also let me add that I took very good care of my phone. It was kept in my front pocket I never sat on it nor did I drop it. It is very easy to Bend these phones. keep in mind that it's a very small bend and hardly noticeable but it will bend.

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com
Not to hijack this thread, but which color Neo Hybrid did you get? I have the guynmetal color and it's probably the nicest case I've owned for any iPhone.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Funny Story..... i had a slightly bend iphone. I use A leather case with it and just recently I dropped it and the screen cracked. I made my way to the Apple Store after I made an appointment to replace the screen which should only cost $130. after waiting two hours I finally get someone to help me. This person takes my phone and puts it on the flat table and starts checking for Bends. I'm looking at him like he's crazy because my phone is working perfectly for the exception of the broken screen. I figured it will be a easy fix he'll change out the screen and charge the $130. He then tells me that if for any reason they can't properly replace the screen because the slight bend on the phone I will need to pay $300 to replace it. I looked at him like if he's retarded now. I'm like the phone is working perfectly I just need a new screen. Why won't you be able to just change out the screen? He then tells me that due To the bend that they might not be able to get the screen on it and run the diagnostics afterwards so I would need to give them permission to replace the entire phone. I told him no I just need you to change out the screen. I do not want a new phone nor can I afford it. Then he tells me that if they can't replace the screen I will have a nonfunctioning iPhone because they'll just give it back to me and pieces. At that point I'm furious I can't believe that changing out the screen on this phone would be such an ordeal. Since I have insurance through T-Mobile I just decided to get a replacement phone through them. I was a little skeptical at first because I did not want a refurbished phone after spending close to 1000 for my now broken phone. But After dealing with Apple I said F it I'm just gonna pay the 175 deductible and replace the phone through T-Mobile's insurance plan. I get the phone the very next day and it's a brand-new iPhone 6 Plus. The moral to the story is that these phones to bend easily and if your phone is slightly bent take it to Apple immediately so that they can replace it because if in the future you do have an issue with your phone they are going to use the bend as an excuse. Also let me add that I took very good care of my phone. It was kept in my front pocket I never sat on it nor did I drop it. It is very easy to Bend these phones. keep in mind that it's a very small bend and hardly noticeable but it will bend.

I'm glad you were able to get a new phone. Enjoy it...;)

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Sounds like you didn't have AppleCare Plus on the iPhone. AppleCare Plus would have covered it with a deductible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I have the 6+ and it is in an Apple silicone case. I usually carry my phone so I have yet to have any issues with it bending, but if I ever do I will definitely be taking it to Apple to get them to swap it out. That is what I love about Apple, they have amazing customer service and they always remedy any issues I have with my phone

'Nuff said.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
So is there a resolution to this thread? Did the OP write back and did I miss it somehow?

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

DNakase

May 13, 2015
Visit site
I'll just leave this here.

My recent experience is with a bent iPhone 6 Plus. My phone bent on the on-off button, Opposite from every other phone I've heard tell of. Yes I probably sat on it or some how horribly abused it. And yes I probably have a fat *** (34' waist 6' 1" 190 lb.) Did I get GREAT customer service? NO. Do I get the feeling that every store manager lives and dies by how often he says NO? Yes I think they are under strict orders to push replacements off on AppleCare and why not? I'd only have too pay a "small" deductible (of which you get 2 over the life of the policy.

It would be nice if Apple would treat me to a new phone, but it aint happening. And they really don't have any f**ks to give because, F**K YOU. We're Apple. (I guess I inhabit a parallel universe where Apple has morphed into a tax dodging arrogant collection of assholes.)

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I'll just leave this here.

My recent experience is with a bent iPhone 6 Plus. My phone bent on the on-off button, Opposite from every other phone I've heard tell of. Yes I probably sat on it or some how horribly abused it. And yes I probably have a fat *** (34' waist 6' 1" 190 lb.) Did I get GREAT customer service? NO. Do I get the feeling that every store manager lives and dies by how often he says NO? Yes I think they are under strict orders to push replacements off on AppleCare and why not? I'd only have too pay a "small" deductible (of which you get 2 over the life of the policy.

It would be nice if Apple would treat me to a new phone, but it aint happening. And they really don't have any f**ks to give because, F**K YOU. We're Apple. (I guess I inhabit a parallel universe where Apple has morphed into a tax dodging arrogant collection of assholes.)

A thirty-four FOOT waist? Wow.

Call Apple (800-MYAPPLE) and escalate the issue. See if you can get someone to help you out. They can contact the Apple Store and work out a replacement with the store manager, if it's warranted.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods