I agree. The one thing I know is, no matter how easily I bent my plus if I decided to sell it I could probably get %90 of what I paid!!!! Another reason I went apple this time instead of anything else.
    02-27-2015 08:39 PM
    Given the quantities that are being manufactured there's sure to be a small percentage that have defects. That's a possibility here. You could've just received one that would bend when the vast majority wouldn't.
    Just_Me_D and MooMooPrincess like this.
    02-27-2015 09:06 PM
    What's so funny?
    02-27-2015 09:08 PM
    Given the quantities that are being manufactured there's sure to be a small percentage that have defects. That's a possibility here. You could've just received one that would bend when the vast majority wouldn't.
    True...
    02-27-2015 09:09 PM
    I agree. The one thing I know is, no matter how easily I bent my plus if I decided to sell it I could probably get %90 of what I paid!!!! Another reason I went apple this time instead of anything else.
    Uhh.. I wouldn't be so sure about that. (username irony, haha) If you bent your 6 Plus, I'm confident your phone's value would drop, significantly.
    02-27-2015 09:28 PM
    I made an appointment at the Genius Bar and ultimately they'll determine what happens next.

As far as convincing anyone that the phone bent itself, that's not the intent of my post. Of course the phone didn't bend itself, my frustration is that I treated the device with what considered extreme care and it was still damaged...apparently it's much more delicate than I thought.

Regardless of if it's free or with a fee, I will receive a new phone soon enough. Bigger picture, I'm more concerned with how to avoid this situation reoccurring in the future so it's not an ongoing situation.
    I am having trouble with this. Clearly these devices require reasonable care, but they are far from delicate. I carry mine in my back jeans pocked most of the time with a Spigen Neo Hybrid case - not the beefiest or most protective case on the market. I have found myself sitting on my iPhone 6 Plus on more than one occasion, yet it remains unbent.

Good luck with the Genius bar.
    02-27-2015 09:40 PM
    I have the the Neo Hybird also. I don't put it in my back pocket. I would crush it.
    I try the bend test on occasion and no wobble almost 4 months in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    02-27-2015 09:46 PM
    I have a similar curve in that area but not that severe. It appears to be a bent from some angles but the face lays perfectly flat on the table and it also appears to be unbent from the side view. I'm starting to think that the cutout for my power button and volume rocker is misaligned from the factory, giving it the bent allusion. Would love to post the pics but I need at least 10 post.
    02-28-2015 06:42 AM
    You see, it's discussions like this on other sites that made me very wary about getting the iPhone 6 Plus. Now that I have it I'm in this ultra-paranoid mode of making sure that I don't do anything that could cause any damage to the device. I have AppleCare+ on the device and if something like bending does happen to it I'll take it into my local Apple Store and have them take care of me. I'll calmly explain how I use, pocket, and handle my device and show that I didn't do anything to intentionally bend the iPhone.

I have a CandyShell Grip case on it, I keep it in the front pocket of my jeans while standing up but when I sit I take it out of my pocket and keep it in my hands. I wear jeans that are relaxed fit and may even consider getting jeans that are of the "Loose" type which claim to be even "baggier" than relaxed fit. Not only for the device itself but I also like room to carry stuff with me, I tend to load my pockets down with (often) stuff that I don't need. I don't like fitted anything, clothing should be big enough on you that you feel comfortable while wearing it.
    You have Apple Care Plus. You can tell them you ran your phone over with your car and they will replace it lol.

MooMooPrincess likes this.
    02-28-2015 08:21 AM
    Hey guys, the LG G Flex 2 is out! Better bend, for a better phone.
    02-28-2015 12:21 PM
    Better bend, yes.. Better phone? Uhh
    02-28-2015 12:34 PM
    I was excited for the G Flex 2 but have lost interest. The one review I read said it didn't perform so great and TBH, I have enough good phones.

I wouldn't trade my 6+ for a G Flex 2.
    Last edited by Haalcyon; 02-28-2015 at 05:02 PM.
    02-28-2015 02:37 PM
    I had the original flex and my 6+ runs circles around it! Also carry my 6+ mostly caseless and in my pockets, no bends after 3 months!

Sent from my  6+
    02-28-2015 04:44 PM
    You may want to keep it in the symmetry case because it's a hard case. That would create more support from possible bending. I use a speck candy shell case and it has very little flex to it.
    03-01-2015 05:20 AM
    Uhh.. I wouldn't be so sure about that. (username irony, haha) If you bent your 6 Plus, I'm confident your phone's value would drop, significantly.
    I have AppleCare, and I only noticed that the phone was bent because I was looking very closely. It was barely bent. So I barely bent it when I wasn't really actively trying not to bend it. And now that I am careful nothing. So I would say I could still get $800 or better for my 128gb plus.
    03-01-2015 08:35 PM
    I have AppleCare, and I only noticed that the phone was bent because I was looking very closely. It was barely bent. So I barely bent it when I wasn't really actively trying not to bend it. And now that I am careful nothing. So I would say I could still get $800 or better for my 128gb plus.
    $800 for a phone with even the slightest bend? Perhaps not.
    03-01-2015 08:40 PM
    $800 for a phone with even the slightest bend? Perhaps not.
    Well if you don't see the bend because it was bent back and now shows absolutely no signs of any bend then yes I think $800 is doable. Thanks for your positivity though😏
    03-01-2015 08:52 PM
    Do you have an update on this? Did Apple replace the phone?
    03-01-2015 09:34 PM
    Well if you don't see the bend because it was bent back and now shows absolutely no signs of any bend then yes I think $800 is doable. Thanks for your positivity though
    Isn't that a bit morally wrong to have a bent phone, bend it back and sell it as new?

03-02-2015 12:29 AM
    Isn't that a bit morally wrong to have a bent phone, bend it back and sell it as new?

SMH
    ajl likes this.
    03-02-2015 01:42 AM
    You know what I'm starting to think? Some of these aftermarket cases might be causing this. I keep hearing the stories and seeing as most say "It was in a case!" and they are showing bending in the same spots... I'm inclined to think some cases are not good for this device.
    Smply_Rckless likes this.
    03-02-2015 05:54 AM
    You know what I'm starting to think? Some of these aftermarket cases might be causing this. I keep hearing the stories and seeing as most say "It was in a case!" and they are showing bending in the same spots... I'm inclined to think some cases are not good for this device.
    I was having a similar thought. I remember seeing a thread about some cases that were hard to get off the phone. People were describing literally having to struggle to peel these cases off. I wonder if their phones are being when trying to get this super snug cases on and off.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    Lesawags likes this.
    03-02-2015 06:07 AM
    I was having a similar thought. I remember seeing a thread about some cases that were hard to get off the phone. People were describing literally having to struggle to peel these cases off. I wonder if their phones are being when trying to get this super snug cases on and off.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    If pulling a case off of any other phone wouldn't bend it then it shouldn't bend the iPhone. Perhaps it does, but it shouldn't. My whole thought about this bendy thing is that, yes, a phone can bend but that the iPhone shouldn't bend any easier than say...a Note Edge, Nexus 6, or any other device. However, you're not reading reports of these phones bending.

This leads me to believe that my iPhone 6+ does, in fact, bend easier than other devices. Yet it cost the same or more than other devices. Shouldn't it be as durable, or more-so, as its competitors under the same conditions, not less?

I like my 6+ fine but the fact that I have to consider whether or not its going to bend under normal conditions, like removing a case, is simply not good. I believe Apple will address this in the next version. ...in the meantime I'll have to keep trying to be extra careful.
    03-02-2015 07:08 AM
    I've been biting my tongue since this thread started but finally I gotta vent, just a little...

This whole bending thing is not the phone, I'm betting it's the fat @$$ that it's pressed up against. 😈. You're not a size 32 waist anymore, buy a 36 & your phone will be fine.

Another thing, I have yet to hear or read about one kid who sags his pants complain about a bending 6 Plus. 💀 Buy a 38 waist instead & sag...

Whew...ok I feel better,

Peace ✌️
    jakdillard and trparky like this.
    03-02-2015 07:27 AM
    If pulling a case off of any other phone wouldn't bend it then it shouldn't bend the iPhone. Perhaps it does, but it shouldn't. My whole thought about this bendy thing is that, yes, a phone can bend but that the iPhone shouldn't bend any easier than say...a Note Edge, Nexus 6, or any other device. However, you're not reading reports of these phones bending.

This leads me to believe that my iPhone 6+ does, in fact, bend easier than other devices. Yet it cost the same or more than other devices. Shouldn't it be as durable, or more-so, as its competitors under the same conditions, not less?

I like my 6+ fine but the fact that I have to consider whether or not its going to bend under normal conditions, like removing a case, is simply not good. I believe Apple will address this in the next version. ...in the meantime I'll have to keep trying to be extra careful.
    The phone doesn't bend easier than other devices. It's just that as its Apple, the media likes to make a big deal of it. Consumer Reports tested a bunch of large phones right after this bending "issue" got media reaction and the 6+ was in the middle of the pack as far as phones in the same size class.
    03-02-2015 08:03 AM
246 ... 23456 ...