Hey everyone! I have had my new 6+ since Friday and have been incredibly happy with the camera, then this evening when taking a photo in my bedroom which was dark with lights around my dresser mirror, I noticed strange dots on the screen that would move as I moved the camera around. They move as I pan and they are in the photos that I took in different areas of the room.

Today at work, I thought to take a few test photos and a strange green light is on the screen and also comes out in the photos that I took regardless of the location that I pointed the camera in.

I've taken similar pictures with my old iPhone's and have never had this issue before?

Anyone else heard of this? Do I have a defective camera?

What to do?
    02-23-2015 01:23 PM
    What to do?
    If the issue is as obvious as you say - a Genius Bar visit at an AppleStore would be what I'd do... demonstrate the issue...they'll take it from there.
    02-23-2015 01:26 PM
    Take pictures using a different camera app besides the stock camera app. If the issue isn't there then just do a restore as new on your phone. If the issue is there, I'd still restore as new and if the issues persists just get an exchange for a new phone since you barely got it 3 days ago. I wouldn't even waste time at the Genius Bar since you're still within your 14 day return period (I assume).
    02-23-2015 01:30 PM
    I just tried with another camera app and the green dot is still there. Will Verizon have to exchange or do I go directly to Apple?
    02-23-2015 01:33 PM
    I just tried with another camera app and the green dot is still there. Will Verizon have to exchange or do I go directly to Apple?
    Exchange it at Verizon if you bought it from them.
    02-23-2015 01:34 PM
    I think it's a lens flare artifact of some kind.

I get this when taking a pic if a chandelier.

The specks seem to take shape of the light source.
    In my case I believe the crystals in the chandelier is causing arrow shaped artifacts.
    Also there is a mirror to the left of this chandelier which is contributing to flare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    02-23-2015 02:21 PM
    Here's another pic with the artifacts on my hand.
    Seems these artifact are possibly a result of a multi bulb light source.

BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    02-23-2015 02:44 PM
    I wouldn't waste time taking the phone to Verizon. Apple will take care of this problem. I have never taken an iPhone back to the carrier for a problem. Just make an appointment online to take the phone to your nearest Apple store.
    02-23-2015 03:03 PM
    I wouldn't waste time taking the phone to Verizon. Apple will take care of this problem. I have never taken an iPhone back to the carrier for a problem. Just make an appointment online to take the phone to your nearest Apple store.
    The point of taking it back to Verizon is to just get it exchanged if she thinks it's a problem because while in a return period she shouldn't have to try and navigate, diagnose, and try to fix the said problem. No waiting for an appointment. Just exchange for a new phone while she's in her return period. If the problem persists, then go to Apple.
    02-23-2015 03:08 PM
    What you are seeing is lens flair and/or mirrored light source reflection within the lens...it happens with all kinds of cameras, not just the iPhone. You can return it if you like, but you're simply going to keep having the same thing happen. Like it has been reported several times in several threads, even very expensive DSLR's have lens flair depending on the light source and the way the environment lighting is around you while taking the picture.
    02-23-2015 04:01 PM
    Thanks! I have had taken pretty much the same photos with my 5 and never a problem?
    02-23-2015 04:06 PM
    Looks like lens flare.
    02-23-2015 04:09 PM
    Thanks! I have had taken pretty much the same photos with my 5 and never a problem?
    You simply didn't notice them...there have been various kinds of lens reflection and flair complaints for several iPhone generations now. One reason you really notice it now is the fact that the 6 plus has such a better low light sensor in it, it pulls more light out of the photos you take to try and enhance it, thus artifacts like this will also become more visible.

Remember the purple hazing and flair from a couple of years ago? That was another type of this same thing. You'll also notice that the flairs and reflections seem a shade of green with this device...you can thank the sapphire lens glass for that.
    02-23-2015 04:09 PM
    Look, no matter what we tell you here, you're going to feel the same way. Just return it to the store so they can exchange it for another one and if the same problem continues then just take it to an Apple Store if you're still not convinced.
    shief24 likes this.
    02-23-2015 04:10 PM
    Hello all! Thanks for all of the advice! After a long hour at the Verizon store and swapping out for a new phone the same problem still persists. 😠

-So for every low light picture we take there will be these spots?

-Is there a way around this? When taking low light pics? Any tips?

Doesn't seem like a high quality camera to me then and sort of a bummer. 😔

I'm wondering if apple will do something to fix this.

In the meantime, loving everything else about the phone! 😍
    02-23-2015 09:16 PM
    I don't believe it's a low light issue. I believe it's lens flare from focused light sources.

Here's a pic directly into a ceiling fan light. With all 3 bulbs on. There is a green flare artifact.

Here's a pic with 2 bulbs off. No artifact.

Here's a pic of my bass guitar amplifier with a bright power light. There's a blue flare artifact.

Here's another with the phone in a slightly different position no blue artifact.

Here's one with the room lit by a single lamp and no power light on the amp

Like all lenses this iPhone lens reacts to certain lighting situations. In my experience all cameras have some type of flare.
    I was watching a show on TV and in the background of this shot were brightly lit street signs which seemed to be 50 feet from the subject. When the camera moved to a certain spot flare dots appeared. I'm guessing this show is shot on a very expensive HD camera of some kind.
    Focused light can cause artifacts. Camera angle and fill lights solve this I believe if flare is not desired.
    The pics you posted were of very focused light. Light bulbs multiple bulbs against a mirror.

All directly into the lens.

02-23-2015 11:35 PM
    Hello all! Thanks for all of the advice! After a long hour at the Verizon store and swapping out for a new phone the same problem still persists.

-So for every low light picture we take there will be these spots?

-Is there a way around this? When taking low light pics? Any tips?

Doesn't seem like a high quality camera to me then and sort of a bummer.

I'm wondering if apple will do something to fix this.

In the meantime, loving everything else about the phone!
    Apple isn't going to do anything about something that effects even high end DSLR's...my Canon 5D gets light artifacts and flairs if the picture is taken with a light source in a specific place, and it's one of the best cameras on the market.

The 6 Plus camera is about as good as you can get on a smart phone...high quality is an understatement...it's really a shame you're not able to get past the fact that it suffers from the same kind of things even top line cameras do in certain lighting situations.

Also, hate to tell you I told you so before you went in for a replacement...but, I told you so.
    Cleveland likes this.
    02-23-2015 11:53 PM
    Hello,

Same issue here, but on iph 6.
    Below you can see the thread...

http://forums.imore.com/iphone-6/317...ml#post2456999
    02-24-2015 02:11 AM
    iEd thanks so much for posting the pics. It does help and you're absolutely right. I'll just need to learn to take the photos at a different angle when need be.

I appreciate all of you taking the time to offer your input!

Feeling better this way and loving my new phone!

Have a great day!
    02-24-2015 08:50 AM
    My canon 70d and Nikon 7000 both do this. Don't think there's anything any lens manufacturer can do about it. You learn how to take pics in certain angles that protect you from this
    02-24-2015 08:54 AM
    I don't believe it's a low light issue. I believe it's lens flare from focused light sources.

(...snip)

Like all lenses this iPhone lens reacts to certain lighting situations. In my experience all cameras have some type of flare.
    I was watching a show on TV and in the background of this shot were brightly lit street signs which seemed to be 50 feet from the subject. When the camera moved to a certain spot flare dots appeared. I'm guessing this show is shot on a very expensive HD camera of some kind.
    Focused light can cause artifacts. Camera angle and fill lights solve this I believe if flare is not desired.
    The pics you posted were of very focused light. Light bulbs multiple bulbs against a mirror.

All directly into the lens.

Absolutely correct. ALL lenses can have a flair for lens flare.
    trparky likes this.
    02-24-2015 09:04 AM
    I think it's a lens flare artifact of some kind.

I get this when taking a pic if a chandelier. http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15...02357b0e2c.jpg

The specks seem to take shape of the light source.
    In my case I believe the crystals in the chandelier is causing arrow shaped artifacts.
    Also there is a mirror to the left of this chandelier which is contributing to flare.

Refraction of light by the crystals. It always reminds me of Pink Floyd. LOL
    Camera Issues-imageuploadedbytapatalk1424801315.529669.jpg

Sent from my ancient iPhone 5 (no longer trustworthy)
    02-24-2015 01:08 PM