Has anyone tried this case ? An pics with phone in it? How much bulk does it add compared to the defender?
    02-21-2015 12:25 PM
    I have the case on a 6+. You case see size on youtube. Some people have had initial problem with the case, but I have had none. What i did was to go to Best Buy and take both the Otterbox Defender and Patriot out of the packages. In terms of size, they are quite close and, in my opinion, bulky. The belt clips are about the same. The reason i chose the Patriot is simply because I had had Otterboxes on other phones and the outer layer would always wear out and the screens were a hassle. I did not want to spend $60 on a case, only to cut out the screen and pay another $20 for s screen protector. So i went for the Patriot. But, to tell you the truth, i opened 3 packages to find one that had a very flat screen without glue residue on it. I am just just glad I didn't order directly from Tech 21 and could choose, because I believe consistency in the build quality is potential issue with this case and I would not want to pay for return shipping.
    02-21-2015 01:24 PM
    Ok. I have the defender. I was just wondering in the Tech 21 is a slimmer case. If not I might just keep using the defender.
    02-21-2015 01:47 PM
    I don't really see that much if a size difference. The Otterbox is bulkier all over, whereas the Patriot is just bulkier around the edges.
    02-21-2015 01:49 PM
    I've always had Otter boxes in the past including now. I dozed them both up in best buy and like the Otterbox better. I just think it's a better design.
    02-21-2015 04:27 PM
    TouchID is next to impossible to use with this case!
    Beware! Even if you take the time to properly re-register your prints with the case installed you will find that unlocking accuracy is severely hampered. This essentially makes touchID pointless since you will have to enter your PIN after (unsuccessful attempts.) Every time.

I wound up removing the integrated screen protector. It hovers over top the screen which prevents rainbows and other artifacts. However if you play games it will really mess up your clicks and slides. A tempered glass protector can be added to the phone if you like. Be warned however it won't be dust tight and splash proof!

The case itself will tolerate a LOT of abuse, tossing, dropping, etc. It adds a LOT of bulk too. I do like the design of the audio toggle, a slider instead of a hard to use rubber piece.

It's pricey and probably so because the competition has an equally high list price. At least you can find Defenders discounted whereas the tech21 cases are fetching MSRP just about everywhere.
    02-21-2015 10:05 PM
    I know I have iphone 6 not 6 plus but i assume not much difference. HORRIBLE CASE. Firstly ordered one from ebay from like regular outlet store on ebay. Screen protector was poorly glued on, glued rubbed off screen protector would just fall out. Sent back, ordered new one from bestbuy.com paid 75$ with shipping. Screen protector had nicks in it, the protector on this one just fell right out as well meaning poorly glued. I dont know if thats why there was so much of a hideous gap on the protector. I contacted tech 21 they told me it wasnt a valid purchase and they wouldnt warranty it. My only option was take it back to bestbuy which you only have 15 days to do so. Such a highly over priced pos in my opinion and when stated one year warranty and they to tell me a purchase having all documentation from a bestbuy.com order is valid purchase they wont stand behind warranty will not do any thing with tech 21again.
    02-21-2015 11:14 PM
    Might just stay with the defender. The only issue I have with the defender is the screen protector gap. Otterbox is sending me a replacement number 2 so there customer service is superb. Plus this time there not only sending the shell they added a slip cover as well.
    02-22-2015 02:06 PM
    I've always had Otter boxes in the past including now. I dozed them both up in best buy and like the Otterbox better. I just think it's a better design.
    I agree. I looked at the patriot today. Both cases add bulk but I think the defender looks a lot better.
    02-22-2015 11:14 PM
    i heard they use a new technical materials that will make your phone so strong
    02-27-2015 12:39 AM