Rhino shield bumper anyone?

kgenova

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
How does the bumper feel in the hand? Is it sticky like silicone? Rubbery-grippy like the TPE on the Thule Atmos X3 case or Survivor Core case? Slightly grippy like Tech21 TPU cases? Does it attract lint? Get dirty easily? Enquiring minds need to know!!

Kristin

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks kgenova, he's a spoiled brat.

I can say this about evolution labs, communication and customer service has been great. They just sent me a $10 coupon for the long wait I've had in shipping. It did finally leave Chicago distribution last ngoni, so hopefully just another day or so. Need to get rid of this clear plastic shell I've been using.

kgenova

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Thanks kgenova, he's a spoiled brat.

I can say this about evolution labs, communication and customer service has been great. They just sent me a $10 coupon for the long wait I've had in shipping. It did finally leave Chicago distribution last ngoni, so hopefully just another day or so. Need to get rid of this clear plastic shell I've been using.

I look forward to hearing your opinion about the bumper when it finally gets to you. The drop test reviews are almost unbelievable.

Your cat looks enormous, as well as beautiful. My cats (two spoiled Siamese mixes) are small, only 9 pounds each, but your cat looks like he must be at least 15 pounds. Gorgeous!

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Closer to 20. Pure Bred Maine Coon. He still has a lot of growing to do as well, they don't mature until 5 years.

My super impatience is kicking into over drive. Hopefully tomorrow.

kgenova

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Closer to 20. Pure Bred Maine Coon. He still has a lot of growing to do as well, they don't mature until 5 years.

My super impatience is kicking into over drive. Hopefully tomorrow.

Wow, quite a cat! I've heard great things about that breed.
Fingers crossed that your bumper will come soon!

dralex87

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Finally got mine today. Really nice. Screen protectors for the front and back are very clear and cut outs are perfect. The bumper looks good and feels very nice. 👍👍

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I didn't get the screen protectors, but I'm not entirely worried about them usually. Generally find I peel them off after a week anyway.

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Finally out for delivery. Was getting to the point of putting my Otterbox back on and saying forget it. Hopefully I can find it worth the wait.

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I have always loved bumper cases since my 4. Usually had the official apple though. Usually float between a bumper and a defender, depending on the day. I'll post a review should it actually show up tonight.

moongooseryan

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
I just got my bumper today and switching from an Otterbox Commuter case, it's taking some getting used to. It feels like my phone will slip out of my hand when I grab and hold onto the back of my phone. Besides adjusting to my phone in a bumper, I do like the slimmer profile and the volume and lock buttons. The main test will be when I get into my car after work and see if the AUX cable I use will fit with the bumper in place.

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Worst shipping experience ever. At this point, I'm completely over this bumper. Have never had to wait so long for something. Was out for delivery yesterday, never showed, and is now back to the distribution center over 2 hours away. Which means I won't see it until tomorrow at the earliest. Unfortunately for Evolutive Labs, I won't be ordering anything again. It's been nearly a month. I've gotten way quicker service ordering from China directly.

mchi5

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
I just got my bumper today and switching from an Otterbox Commuter case, it's taking some getting used to. It feels like my phone will slip out of my hand when I grab and hold onto the back of my phone. Besides adjusting to my phone in a bumper, I do like the slimmer profile and the volume and lock buttons. The main test will be when I get into my car after work and see if the AUX cable I use will fit with the bumper in place.

You mentioned it feels like it will slip out of your hands. Did you get the back screen protector too? Because if it's too slippery may be a deal breaker for me. Was really considering this

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

moongooseryan

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
I did get the back screen protector with the bumper. It was in the yellow envelop that comes in the box, but I didn't put it on. I've had to hold my 6 plus with different grips than how I used to hold it when the Otterbox commuter was protecting the phone. My hands get a little clammy at times, which makes me feel like it'd slip if I grabbed it with my fingers on the back of my phone.

A couple positives of note:

With the slimmer profile, I can get my thumb to go across the ever so slightly curves edges of the screen bezel which I couldn't do with the Otterbox on my phone.

The volume and lock buttons feel really good. I only have to press them one time to get them to register.

The headphone port fits the AUX cable in my car. I only state this because my cable is a little older and has a wider end on it (still a 3.5mm connector).

deedeebear

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Worst shipping experience ever. At this point, I'm completely over this bumper. Have never had to wait so long for something. Was out for delivery yesterday, never showed, and is now back to the distribution center over 2 hours away. Which means I won't see it until tomorrow at the earliest. Unfortunately for Evolutive Labs, I won't be ordering anything again. It's been nearly a month. I've gotten way quicker service ordering from China directly.

Wow that sounds terrible. Now I don't know if I want to order.

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Finally got my hands on it. So far I like it, just wish that "green" was an actual green. The blue is throwing me a little. Overall feels nice and went on pretty easily. Will give it a few days and see what happens.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2