Small scratch on screen

murtzjaffer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Hey all,

Over the weekend, I noticed a tiny scratch on my screen (that has a screen protector). It is barely noticeable but can be seen clearly when on a white/black background

Any recommendations? Not worth it to have screen replaced but I hear some people finding success by just using a buffing cloth.

Thanks

jpxyz

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Just chill.
It's a tiny scratch, if you'd try to remove it with a buffing cloth or something you'd cause more damage than it's worth it.
Scratches will come over time, you can't really do anything about it.

Hansana

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

Over the weekend, I noticed a tiny scratch on my screen (that has a screen protector). It is barely noticeable but can be seen clearly when on a white/black background

Any recommendations? Not worth it to have screen replaced but I hear some people finding success by just using a buffing cloth.

Thanks

Leave it alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
If you have a screen protector, how do you know it's on the screen itself?

FYI...it is not advisable to buff a screen that is oleophobic, like the iPhone has been for years.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
So you took the protector off and there was a scratch underneath?

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I mean in a place where a lot of text appears so it makes it hard to read when holding phone in vertical position.

I personally wouldn't mess with the screen. In all likelihood you will make it worse. Either deal with it as is or pay for repair. Out of curiosity what screen protector did you use that clearly didn't work?

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

murtzjaffer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Yeah. Took off the protector and noticed it. It was some generic protector. I had a friend get it and put it on. Worst part is I had one of those Otterbox screen protectors and didn't switch it before it was too late.

Has anyone gotten it repaired before? What is the cost for something like that? I also got it from my carrier so would there be any kind of warranty from Apple?

Thanks

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
There is a warranty for one year against a defective device but I doubt that would be covered. You can get apple care plus but that's extra and good for 2 years.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah. Took off the protector and noticed it. It was some generic protector. I had a friend get it and put it on. Worst part is I had one of those Otterbox screen protectors and didn't switch it before it was too late.

Has anyone gotten it repaired before? What is the cost for something like that? I also got it from my carrier so would there be any kind of warranty from Apple?

Thanks

The basic Apple warranty doesn't cover damage of this nature...you'll be paying the cost for a replacement screen if you want it repaired in that fashion. I believe screen replacement is $129 on the 6 Plus as long as it's within warranty period.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
... Or put another screen protector on. They have a natural effect of hiding scratches. I was once given a phone that had so many scratches on the screen that it was almost opaque, put a Zagg protector on, clear as a bell ...

murtzjaffer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys. Good news. Took it to a cell phone dealer today and one slight wipe with a buffer got rid of the scratch. I also upgraded to Otterbox's Alpha Glass and it looks and feels a lot better. Thanks to all

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711