Switched from Android to iPhone

eternal2009

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Just recently I sold off my Google (Motorola) Nexus 6 64GB & bought an iPhone 6 Plus - Gold 64GB, extremely satisfied. I love everything about this device, I don't think I'll go back to Android for a long while. I will admit that iOS bests Android in speed and the way everything seems to work seamlessly. The consistency of the OS is stellar, almost too good to be true. The only thing I really miss would have to be the openness of AOSP (Android Open Source Project). I do not miss wake locks, occasional lag, inconsistent design language, etc.

I'm going to be completely honest, I used to believe that being able to flash ROMs and customize the hell out of everything was the best thing ever. I was rooted with a custom ROM and recovery, I had xposed and a trillion modules, I spent tons of money on icon packs and things of that sort, and I thought it was just the coolest thing. I mean I was MyColorScreen and XDA level crazy, you have no idea. I'd spend hours, sometimes days working on home screen designs.

But you know what's weird? I don't miss it. Like, not even a little bit. I thought I would, but I don't. It doesn't even cross my mind. It doesn't annoy me that I can't do it. It's not even a thing that I think about anymore. A big deciding factor for me was mainly iOS apps tend to be of much higher quality than Android apps. I'm psyched to be an owner of the iPhone 6 Plus & I'm looking forward to developing iOS apps: https://accounts.google.com/Service...265800925397987/posts/3jLy1EuZXnL?gpsrc=gplp0

hatchettjack

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
My ocd has left the building! Since I ditched android and got the 6+! Everything just works out of the box!

Sent from my  6+

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Just recently I sold off my Google (Motorola) Nexus 6 64GB & bought an iPhone 6 Plus - Gold 64GB, extremely satisfied. I love everything about this device, I don't think I'll go back to Android for a long while. I will admit that iOS bests Android in speed and the way everything seems to work seamlessly. The consistency of the OS is stellar, almost too good to be true. The only thing I really miss would have to be the openness of AOSP (Android Open Source Project). I do not miss wake locks, occasional lag, inconsistent design language, etc.

I'm going to be completely honest, I used to believe that being able to flash ROMs and customize the hell out of everything was the best thing ever. I was rooted with a custom ROM and recovery, I had xposed and a trillion modules, I spent tons of money on icon packs and things of that sort, and I thought it was just the coolest thing. I mean I was MyColorScreen and XDA level crazy, you have no idea. I'd spend hours, sometimes days working on home screen designs.

But you know what's weird? I don't miss it. Like, not even a little bit. I thought I would, but I don't. It doesn't even cross my mind. It doesn't annoy me that I can't do it. It's not even a thing that I think about anymore. A big deciding factor for me was mainly iOS apps tend to be of much higher quality than Android apps. I'm psyched to be an owner of the iPhone 6 Plus & I'm looking forward to developing iOS apps: https://accounts.google.com/Service...265800925397987/posts/3jLy1EuZXnL?gpsrc=gplp0

I was completely the same way with android. Honestly I don't miss it, the lag & wake lock is what honestly made me completely convert to iOS.

Welcome aboard, hope to see u around on the forums.

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6+ 

RobbyRob

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I kept hoping android would get better. But, I don't think it will if they keep letting OEMs mod the hell out of it. I think Apple just does a better job at the basics which make for a more enjoyable experience.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Welcome. I still get the itch to play around with rooting and modifying everything on my phone, but then I remember all the time I lost to those things. I was the same as you. I would start and next thing I knew an entire evening was gone. Regardless of what phone I use going forward, I won't go back to doing that stuff all the time. I do love my 6 Plus though. Nothing else has temped me away in 3 months. That's a long time for me. I am already looking to fall so I doubt that I will make a change prior to the 6S and 6S plus or whatever is coming in the fall.

Miska Hietala

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Congrats. I was the same as most posters here. Flashing different roms was a daily job for me. Then went for Lumia and finally ip6. And now I can be at peace. No more the urge to find other roms or phones. I know I have the best phone for me and my current life situation. Sometimes I chat with my flasholic friend and ask how he is doing. The reply I get every time is like "oh just flashed newest version of X and it works fine tho I get random crashes and I'm still looking best possible RIL for my phone". I just smile at such reply as I know I'm in a train far away from those frustrating times.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I personally find the Nexus 6 to be near unbearable to use on a daily basis considering not only how large it is, but also because of Lollipop basically still being in beta. And it's funny that you mention apps having inconsistent design language. I'm surprised nobody makes more light of that. It shows the inconstancy across Android as a whole. This is why you're not missing all the bells and whistles of Android customizing. Because you're now getting a better experience of consistency with what you have right out of the box instead of having to mod it to your taste.

anon8433722

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
I am also an Android convert, but have invested time and money in other mobile operating systems as well. Consistency and performance are ultimately what lead me [back] to iOS over any other platform. The only problem that I see, and can be avoided with will power, is the desire to get more Apple products because of how well they work. I want to jump on the Mac bandwagon and get a Mac Mini, but the cost of ownership is a deterrent.

Haseeb Rehman

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Gosh, I feel you. I used to spend hours and days just making my homescreens and app drawers perfect. Custom roms? Kernels? Xposed modules? Yeah, haha. I used to find the fastest custom rom for my various android phones and bricked some and then unbricked and stuff like that but tbh, iPhone and iOS is far too better for all this BS. I'm glad I'm over it, just like you. I recently sold my LG G3 to get an iPhone 6 and I'm extremely satisfied.

anon8433722

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
I recently sold my LG G3 to get an iPhone 6 and I'm extremely satisfied.

The LG G3 was one of my last Android devices. I had the AT&T variant, which led to much of my dissatisfaction. Carriers are pretty much free to install as much bloatware onto these devices as possible, stripping away precious (in some cases) storage in lieu of a walled garden approach of highly curated apps and services. Problem is, a walled garden approach doesn't have to be lined with preinstalled apps. I like how the iPhone is not soiled with preinstalled applications you cannot remove that were put there by the carrier. (Windows Phone ships with the bloat by default, but on my AT&T variants I was always able to uninstall them)

hatchettjack

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
One of the first things that hit me was the fact there was zero bloat ware from sprint on my +! Thank you apple for watching after us!

Sent from my  6+

anon(9179520)

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site

You are still in your honeymoon, and everything still seems wonderful and awesome. I love my iPhone, but only with jailbreak. There is just too much limitation with stock iOS. I am not a tweaker. I only needed the jb to bypass some restrictions.

So let's see in a month how you feel, especially if your phone is not already jailbroken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I seem to notice a common denominator about people who switch from an Android device to an iPhone and that's the need to stop all the custom ROMs and kernels and stuff. It's amazing how much time you waste doing all that **** just to get the icons and weather widgets looking good. I've been saying for years that Android users TWEAK their phones and iPhone users USE their phones.

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I have to admit, I was the same way as you were eternal2009. I had a Galaxy Nexus and I rooted and ROMed the heck out of it but then I got tired of having to set things back up every time there was a ROM update so I went for a Galaxy S4 because I just didn't want to deal with custom ROMs anymore. Then I went to the Note 3. With all of the bloat that both the S4 and the Note 3 had it really wasn't that great of an experience. Both devices lagged like nobody's business.

And now, here I am with an iPhone 6 Plus. Like I said in another thread, it was the best decision I ever made. The level of software integration, user experience, and overall cleanliness of the core OS along with many of the apps simply blow Android out of the water. The apps that I once used on Android perform and look far better on the iPhone. Going to the iPhone was the best decision I ever made.

Only bad part of going to the iPhone is that this thing makes me want to buy an iPad. LOL

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
The Galaxy Nexus. One of the worst phones I've ever had. Ever. And it had THE worst battery life of ANY piece of electronics that was battery powered. Ever.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR