Switched from Android to iPhone

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I'd have to agree with you on that. The Galaxy Nexus was the worst piece of crap I've ever had.

Oh well, I'm on the iPhone 6 Plus and extremely happy now.

Nakia Johnson1

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Enjoy your new phone, I follow you on Google plus and you are a cool guy. All your post was just about android lol but it is always good to try some other platform. If you have any tips and tricks to share hit me up because I forgot how to operate a IPhone.

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I still like my Windows PC. The tinkerer in me likes it. However the iPad might be the next thing I get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cap_172R

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
The only thing windows is my laptop! Get the iPad, it's amazing...after my ipad, i knew i had to get the iphone! I do want a macbook air/pro now.

FNX45

Mar 7, 2015
Visit site
New to this forum and Iphone, after many years of using androids I must admit I am impressed with everything on this 6+.

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to a whole new, simpler world. I love iOS and everything it provides for me. There is nothing that I need it to do that it doesn't already do and makes it much easier than it ever was when I had an Android or Blackberry device. Heck, at one point I even had a Windows phone. Apple does it better than them all IMO.

Knightstalker

Mar 7, 2015
Visit site
2008-2015... Long relationship... I broke up with android as of friday night. My story was a lil different. I worked tech support at TMO and started months before releasing the G1... for the longest time I hated the iPhone... I think it was ingrained in us, since we didn't sell it for years... After Samsung announced the S6 and pretty much copied apple again... I made the plunge... and I couldn't be happier...

Cap_172R

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Glad I finally got my ipad and iOS 8 really made me get my iphone... I couldn't be happier - Been a BBRY user as well but had a couple android devices in between (original Note and the S4). It was cool to be able to customize but that wears off after a couple weeks.

Really happy I made the switch to iOS! A few years months ago I never thought i'd be saying that!!

llfloyd79

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
2008-2015... Long relationship... I broke up with android as of friday night. My story was a lil different. I worked tech support at TMO and started months before releasing the G1... for the longest time I hated the iPhone... I think it was ingrained in us, since we didn't sell it for years... After Samsung announced the S6 and pretty much copied apple again... I made the plunge... and I couldn't be happier...

That's funny but true. So many people hate iPhone and sometimes like you said it seems like it's ingrained in them...but when you ask why they can't even give you a reason lol.

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
For me it had to do a lot with how Apple seems to abuse the legal system with their want to sue everyone. Now that I have the iPhone I'll have to overlook that part of them.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
For me it had to do a lot with how Apple seems to abuse the legal system with their want to sue everyone. Now that I have the iPhone I'll have to overlook that part of them.

It seems to me Apple gets sued more than they sue.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
That's funny but true. So many people hate iPhone and sometimes like you said it seems like it's ingrained in them...but when you ask why they can't even give you a reason lol.

I'm a long time android user been on the 6 plus for a few months now. Really enjoy it. I think people get too caught up in the Android vs ios mine is better than yours drama. The only reason I would dislike apple is from a business and human rights issue. I think it's pretty disgraceful how poor their factory practices are and things like that but apple will lecture about equal rights, and gay rights and women rights while they allow awful things to happen to make iphones and ipads.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm a long time android user been on the 6 plus for a few months now. Really enjoy it. I think people get too caught up in the Android vs ios mine is better than yours drama. The only reason I would dislike apple is from a business and human rights issue. I think it's pretty disgraceful how poor their factory practices are and things like that but apple will lecture about equal rights, and gay rights and women rights while they allow awful things to happen to make iphones and ipads.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Should change your signature lol. Jk

Sent from my  iPhone 6 Plus

am1480

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Well, I switched over from the Note 3 to the iPhone 6 plus, and I did this because as a divorced father, whose kid's moved to another state, and are now in college, I can face time them. They didn't want anything to do with skype. I left behind on my Note 3 a lot of wonderful programs like, Chomp SMS, Aquamail, etc..............I am having a very difficult time finding apps, which are few, none, and cost money. It seems Apple keeps everything in it's purest state, where Android is much more liberal, and allows you to customize. If I could jailbreak this latest version I would go shopping in a heart beat on Cydia, and I would be happy. I have to say I love the brighter screen, and it seems faster than my Note 3.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I had android app phones since around 2012 when I wanted the bigger screen and had the nexus 6 for a day. I loved the phone but the battery issues I've had with android being awake all the time , size was huge and me wanting to try iOS for phones ( I have an iPad Air 2 since launch ) and the camera while on paper is inferior to the Note 4 and nexus 6 I find fantastic. The camera so far feels at least on par with the note 4 I had

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I have to admit, I was the same way as you were eternal2009. I had a Galaxy Nexus and I rooted and ROMed the heck out of it but then I got tired of having to set things back up every time there was a ROM update so I went for a Galaxy S4 because I just didn't want to deal with custom ROMs anymore. Then I went to the Note 3. With all of the bloat that both the S4 and the Note 3 had it really wasn't that great of an experience. Both devices lagged like nobody's business.

And now, here I am with an iPhone 6 Plus. Like I said in another thread, it was the best decision I ever made. The level of software integration, user experience, and overall cleanliness of the core OS along with many of the apps simply blow Android out of the water. The apps that I once used on Android perform and look far better on the iPhone. Going to the iPhone was the best decision I ever made.

Only bad part of going to the iPhone is that this thing makes me want to buy an iPad. LOL

I started with the iPhone (2009-2012), them moved to android (2012-2014). Mainly for larger screens, expandable memory and removable batteries. However always preferred the Apple ecosystem. I switched back to the 6 plus last year because it had what I wanted (large, high resolution screen, 128GB onboard memory and great battery life). I've had it for 4 months and I'm really happy with it.

I agree though once you get one Apple device you want to get more as they work so well together.

I now have : iPhone 6 plus, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3, MacBook Air and Apple TV.

I'll probably buy the Apple watch too😜

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner