iPhone 6 Plus and Galaxy Note 4

terreos

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Which is ironic since a lot of people including myself hate iTunes which is why they opt for open source like Android. I always use third party programs which for me make syncing stuff easier on an iPhone. Hell I wish I could just drag and drop onto my iPhone. Never been a fan of syncing.
Just depends on the person. Itunes has always been more straight forward for me. Plus I like using it when I'm at my computer too. What third party apps have you tried? All the ones I tried would either not work or would not sync music albums together and they would be all over the place.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I see what Samsung is trying to do and I appreciate the effort or trying to add every bell and whistle possible but for functionality their bloat kills the phone

Which is why I don't like TouchWiz. Even when I have a Note (or any other S device), I root it and change the ROM. No TW for me!!! Android phones tend to be bloated as ever anyway but TW is heavy.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Which is why I don't like TouchWiz. Even when I have a Note (or any other S device), I root it and change the ROM. No TW for me!!! Android phones tend to be bloated as ever anyway but TW is heavy.

I agree and I'm actually happy I tried it for a full time phone just to see for myself what it was like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I have both and use them equally.
Since there is lots of application diversity between android and ios, I have/use both.
I also have a few other ios devices that are customized as remote controls, etc.
There is no perfect device, never will be.
My fav android currently is a 64GB Nexus 6.
The Note 4 has a very good display quality and feel.
With proper kernel and adjustments it can display accurate color and gamut.
The whites on LCDs tend to look off in comparison but not bad. Most people don't notice because they're not switching back and fourth constantly.
Oh and the stylus and apps, Samsung has the market cornered there. If you have a use for it, you know what I mean.

One thing the Nexus 6 has that neither the iphone nor note 4 has is wireless charging. Once you use that...well damn it's convenient.
There are coils you can use but they are a compromise. Hopefully all the manufacturers will follow suit and have this integrated because there are so many mounts and chargers/mats, etc. coming out. It may not be as fast as a cord (yet) but the convenience of keeping it topped off while sitting on your desk/nightstand or in a cradle in the car, etc. Just splendid!

I cannot believe Mophie has not incorporated wireless charging into their cases. If they did, I'd get them for all my iphones in a heartbeat. Currently have one on my 5S and may get one for my 6plus.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I have a Note 4, Note Edge and the 6+. I tend to use the Note phones more simply because I love the notifications pane much better. I also use some apps that just do things better than the same app on the iPhone. I also like that I can change any screen to be the default home screen whenever I want.

I'm a long time iPhone user and have every iPhone except for the 5. I've only had my 6+ since Saturday and I am loving the experience on it. I just really like the way the Note does everything and makes things easier such as capturing part of the screen with the S Pen and being able to send it or post it somewhere without needing a photo editing app to crop.

I have no plans to quit using the 6+ or my Android phones. I love them all.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Eh... I don't mind TouchWiz. Lots of useful features that come in handy, and I never had performance issues on any of my Galaxy S or Note devices, except the initial Galaxy S (which was universally kind of terrible performance-wise).

I'm actually thinking of getting rid of my iPhone 6 Plus and going back to the Galaxy Note in a couple of months, for a better photography & videography workflow and easier way to move thing to and from the device and my Windows PC. iOS is too closed off. It's becoming a huge hamper to my productivity when I have to fight with the device to get things off of it in a usable way. Only other option is buying a P&S and carrying that around everywhere with me, and I rather replace the phone than deal with that.

I'm really just fed up with the work arounds I have to employ to get stuff off the iPhone and onto the Windows PC, and the way iOS handles the Slow Motion footage you record with the camera is especially posing a HUGE issue for me - making much of the video I record unusable until I put in a ton of work to get it off the device at 1x speed with a high FPS Resolution. iOS is, by far, the worst of the worst platforms for this stuff. It's really just bad, and often I end up wasting 30-60 minutes just getting the footage off the phone without it adding in Auto-Slow Mo and ruining it when I could just pop the SD card out of a Note and get the original files onto the PC in seconds - literally. The way it handles background tasks is also terrible, and forces you to babysit the phone otherwise your upload gets cut off.

I'm becoming exasperated with this phone. I like my iMac, though, but I can't do creative work on it because the software options on OS X are pretty terrible and even non-existent in some areas, and I'm not paying for another Windows License to run a VM when I have a perfectly usable windows machine sitting inches away from me :) Part of the reason I took the MBA back for an iMac is so that I could keep my Windows Notebook to do work on.

This phone is a productivity nightmare.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Samsung has removable battery covers. Go to the Samsung Experience store at best buy and get a Wireless charging cover.

They've been offering those for years, now.

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I have both and use them equally.
Since there is lots of application diversity between android and ios, I have/use both.
I also have a few other ios devices that are customized as remote controls, etc.
There is no perfect device, never will be.
My fav android currently is a 64GB Nexus 6.
The Note 4 has a very good display quality and feel.
With proper kernel and adjustments it can display accurate color and gamut.
The whites on LCDs tend to look off in comparison but not bad. Most people don't notice because they're not switching back and fourth constantly.
Oh and the stylus and apps, Samsung has the market cornered there. If you have a use for it, you know what I mean.

One thing the Nexus 6 has that neither the iphone nor note 4 has is wireless charging. Once you use that...well damn it's convenient.
There are coils you can use but they are a compromise. Hopefully all the manufacturers will follow suit and have this integrated because there are so many mounts and chargers/mats, etc. coming out. It may not be as fast as a cord (yet) but the convenience of keeping it topped off while sitting on your desk/nightstand or in a cradle in the car, etc. Just splendid!

I cannot believe Mophie has not incorporated wireless charging into their cases. If they did, I'd get them for all my iphones in a heartbeat. Currently have one on my 5S and may get one for my 6plus.

Plus 1. I'm loving my nexus 6.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

austriak

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Eh... I don't mind TouchWiz. Lots of useful features that come in handy, and I never had performance issues on any of my Galaxy S or Note devices, except the initial Galaxy S (which was universally kind of terrible performance-wise).

I'm actually thinking of getting rid of my iPhone 6 Plus and going back to the Galaxy Note in a couple of months, for a better photography & videography workflow and easier way to move thing to and from the device and my Windows PC. iOS is too closed off. It's becoming a huge hamper to my productivity when I have to fight with the device to get things off of it in a usable way. Only other option is buying a P&S and carrying that around everywhere with me, and I rather replace the phone than deal with that.

I'm really just fed up with the work arounds I have to employ to get stuff off the iPhone and onto the Windows PC, and the way iOS handles the Slow Motion footage you record with the camera is especially posing a HUGE issue for me - making much of the video I record unusable until I put in a ton of work to get it off the device at 1x speed with a high FPS Resolution. iOS is, by far, the worst of the worst platforms for this stuff. It's really just bad, and often I end up wasting 30-60 minutes just getting the footage off the phone without it adding in Auto-Slow Mo and ruining it when I could just pop the SD card out of a Note and get the original files onto the PC in seconds - literally. The way it handles background tasks is also terrible, and forces you to babysit the phone otherwise your upload gets cut off.

I'm becoming exasperated with this phone. I like my iMac, though, but I can't do creative work on it because the software options on OS X are pretty terrible and even non-existent in some areas, and I'm not paying for another Windows License to run a VM when I have a perfectly usable windows machine sitting inches away from me :) Part of the reason I took the MBA back for an iMac is so that I could keep my Windows Notebook to do work on.

This phone is a productivity nightmare.

To get photos off your phone, get an app called PhotoSync. I've used it for a couple years and it is awesome. You download a program on your computer and then you can transfer your photos over wifi using the app. Another thing I like about it is that you can also use it to upload photos to most cloud storages very easily.

I'm not sure why Apple did slow mo videos the way they did. You have to open it in imovie and create a new project with the slow mo video and then you can transfer it off properly. If you google it, you can find a tutorial. I know imore had one posted once.

lyun17

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
My first post in iMore. I just got the iPhone 6 plus free yesterday from work and I'm trying it out fully these next couple of days. I bought the Note 4 when it came out and love it. Nothing wrong, no lag, and love using the s-pen to take quick notes at work. Definitely like using the file system. The only thing I don't like about my iPhone is the notification sound it makes but it doesn't alert me from what app it is. All the settings are on but the notification system is definitely better on Android. My note 4 is definitely better for my job but I don't mind using my iPhone 6 plus for everyday use especially with Google Play music also available on iOS.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
My first post in iMore. I just got the iPhone 6 plus free yesterday from work and I'm trying it out fully these next couple of days. I bought the Note 4 when it came out and love it. Nothing wrong, no lag, and love using the s-pen to take quick notes at work. Definitely like using the file system. The only thing I don't like about my iPhone is the notification sound it makes but it doesn't alert me from what app it is. All the settings are on but the notification system is definitely better on Android. My note 4 is definitely better for my job but I don't mind using my iPhone 6 plus for everyday use especially with Google Play music also available on iOS.

One of the things I really like about Android over iOS is that some native apps are updated independent of the system. I think that's really cool.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
I am using iphone many times and for me this is the best. every year iphone has new features like today iphone 6 plus has advanced technology compare to other phones.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I am using iphone many times and for me this is the best. every year iphone has new features like today iphone 6 plus has advanced technology compare to other phones.
There is certainly an argument to make regarding the amount of Polish Apple puts on its software (and its hardware), but in this universe, the iPhone really cannot be touted as having "advanced" technology compared to other phones.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
For those of you who have both phones, which device do you use more?

I owned a Note 4 and now own a IPhone 6 plus now. I loved the note 4 but between moving carriers multiple times in the last 7 months I decided to try the nexus 6 first and didn't like the size , battery life, camera , or sound loudness out of headphone jack. Returned that and figured why not go back to iPhone with the iPhone 6 plus. I originally went with android because I wanted a screen bigger then 3.5 with the iPhone 4 and now I got it. I loved e note 4 screen and camera and other features and I still prefer the screen over the iPhone 6 plus but the 6 plus screen is no slouch either. I have an iPad Air 2 since launch and figured I wanted to be in one ecosystem and better battery life so I figured I'll give ios another whirl. If I don't like it I can always go back to android in a few years

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

Spec sheets beg to differ .... Phones like the LG Foex 2 murder the iPhone 6 plus and the Samsung Galaxy S 6 and HTC M9. The LG Flex 2 has a octa core cpu ( not using the big little configuration) and it is 64bit for what it's worth , 3 GB of RAM and a better camera on paper. The Samsung phone has an octa core cpu also 64bit , 3 GB of ram , better camera and so forth . Also goes for the HTC M9. That being said ios is optimized to its specs and Apple has full control over everything and even with its inferior specs is a phone I am greatly enjoying even when I prefer Android.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2