iPhone 6 Plus and Galaxy Note 4

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
at first I was going back and forth, 2 months later, my note 4 is in its box permanently.

Why is that? What made you choose the 6 plus? This is the first time I have not bought a Note since the Note 2. I love my 6 Plus but I'm still interested in the Note series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DJxDARIENx

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Not exactly the same phone but I had a note 3, and still have it. I a 6 plus 2 days ago and love it so far. I haven't owned a iPhone since the 4 and I like the 6 plus a lot so far. I didn't really like my note because of the random hiccups, restarts, and crashes within the system, and I didn't really use the pen. Anytime I dropped my phone I lost and damaged the pen :\.. One thing I really miss from android is the notification bar and how notifications are handled only because the screen for IOS devices light up upon notification receiving and It distracts me every time (Personal opinion). So far my experience with my Gold 64gb 6 Plus has been great. I have a speck case also (Same one as my note had) and i like how it fits better on the 6 plus more; slightly thinner and fits better in my hands since the device is taller instead of wider.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Funny you should ask this question I started using my note 4 a few weeks ago cause my wife had one and thought it would be easier to video call and send things back and forth but when I used it as my solid driver i really seen the lag that has been known to happen with touch wiz. 5 days ago it froze up on me over and over and I kept hanging up on people because the sensor on the front wouldn't make the screen go to sleep so My cheek kept hitting things on the screen. I threw it out my window doing 60 mph down the highway. Not kidding I was very very very angry at the time

jianrong

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
I was iphone 4 to note 2. Wanted get 6 plus but no stocks. Get note 4 on launch. Then sold off note 4 and get 6 plus. Lol.

RobbyRob

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Funny you should ask this question I started using my note 4 a few weeks ago cause my wife had one and thought it would be easier to video call and send things back and forth but when I used it as my solid driver i really seen the lag that has been known to happen with touch wiz. 5 days ago it froze up on me over and over and I kept hanging up on people because the sensor on the front wouldn't make the screen go to sleep so My cheek kept hitting things on the screen. I threw it out my window doing 60 mph down the highway. Not kidding I was very very very angry at the time

Lmao! That's what I'm talking about! I just gave up my Note 4 and went to the iPhone 6+ because of the same problems you experienced. I don't understand something that powerful having so many performance issues. The keyboard was horrible on the note also. I never mind typing on the iPhone it's just so much more intuitive. The hang ups and lag everywhere was just too much to deal with in real life application where I just needed to do something and it just work. So today I went into T-Mobile and told them I'm done with it and now I have a white 6+ 64GB. Couldn't be happier.

sel1965

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I started out with the iphone 6 and then my wife wanted one so she could facetime our 7 year old. I didn't want to spend the money for a new iphone since they were so expensive and just didn't really have the disposable cash at the time. So I gave my wife my iphone and with her upgrade I got the note 4 on a price match from Amazon at BestBuy 189.99, which I thought was a great deal. Tried the note out and like so many others experiences the lag of touch wiz and also just a plain functionality issue with skype. Making a long story short I traded in the note for the iphone 6 plus which I should have gotten to begin with. I'm very happy with it and now my daughter can facetime mommy and daddy, oh and mommy can facetime daddy too.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I'm about 50/50. I'll go a few weeks with one then swap over to the other. I don't really prefer one over the other. They are both very good and having both keeps me from getting bored and buying a new phone every 4-6 weeks. I just wish they used the same size sim.

dimitrist

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Why is that? What made you choose the 6 plus? This is the first time I have not bought a Note since the Note 2. I love my 6 Plus but I'm still interested in the Note series.

its not the phone I don't like, I think the note 4 is very well made, looks pretty sharp, its the OS that flawed, lt lags a lot.
people have argued with me over the fact that iPhone has only 1gb ram where the note has 3, yes the note 4 has 3 gb and still lacks the silky smoothness of the iPhone.
Bottom line, sloppy coding, buggy OS.

Last edited:

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I see what Samsung is trying to do and I appreciate the effort or trying to add every bell and whistle possible but for functionality their bloat kills the phone

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I had the Note 4 and I loved it. Loved everything about it. The only thing that was problematic for me is that my daughter, son, ex-wife, girlfriend, co-workers, friends all use iMessage and FaceTime. When I used the Note 4, all of the pictures I sent them were sent at a lower resolution. Videos too. I had convinced the to use Hangouts, but FaceTime works a lot better. And I like to use FaceTime Audio because the calls sound much clearer. That is the only reason I gave up the magnificent Note 4.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

terreos

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
While I don't have the latest Note 4 I did use the Note II. I swapped from an iphone to the Note II because I wanted a larger screen and was very happy with it. The novelty of the device wore off on me fast however. But, to this day I still miss widgets that can be set on the home screen. Having a calender widget always in view when I turned my phone on always kept me on top of upcoming events. But, the phone starting having performance issues after only six months. Freezing, stuttering, random reboots. So this along with the lack of not having itunes integration really just killed the experience for me. Until android gets this kind of integration with something like itunes I'm not interested in them until they do.

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
While I don't have the latest Note 4 I did use the Note II. I swapped from an iphone to the Note II because I wanted a larger screen and was very happy with it. The novelty of the device wore off on me fast however. But, to this day I still miss widgets that can be set on the home screen. Having a calender widget always in view when I turned my phone on always kept me on top of upcoming events. But, the phone starting having performance issues after only six months. Freezing, stuttering, random reboots. So this along with the lack of not having itunes integration really just killed the experience for me. Until android gets this kind of integration with something like itunes I'm not interested in them until they do.

Which is ironic since a lot of people including myself hate iTunes which is why they opt for open source like Android. I always use third party programs which for me make syncing stuff easier on an iPhone. Hell I wish I could just drag and drop onto my iPhone. Never been a fan of syncing.

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site

Gosh, u should throw it to me lol

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73