I have a note 4 currently but was thinking going back to the IPhone 6plus mainly for facetime and imessage. My wife won't leave her iPhone so it'd be easier.

Sending pics over text from ios to Android is horrible bec it decreases the quality. And Skype is horrible compared to facetime.

I have a question for those who use both note 4 and 6+ Do you use two separate cellular numbers? Or one has number attached and one is used with WiFi only?

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    08-08-2015 08:49 AM
    I have a note 4 currently but was thinking going back to the IPhone 6plus mainly for facetime and imessage. My wife won't leave her iPhone so it'd be easier.

Sending pics over text from ios to Android is horrible bec it decreases the quality. And Skype is horrible compared to facetime.

I have a question for those who use both note 4 and 6+ Do you use two separate cellular numbers? Or one has number attached and one is used with WiFi only?

I just switched SIM cards. And I understand about iMessage and FaceTime. It's hard when everyone uses it and you don't.

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk
    08-09-2015 05:13 PM
    I just switched SIM cards. And I understand about iMessage and FaceTime. It's hard when everyone uses it and you don't.

I rather just use one phone. I even thought of keeping my note 4, and getting an ipod touch 6th generation for imessage and facetime, but can't get over the 4" screen. Seems so small!

08-10-2015 07:26 PM
    I rather just use one phone. I even thought of keeping my note 4, and getting an ipod touch 6th generation for imessage and facetime, but can't get over the 4" screen. Seems so small!

Why not just keep the 6 Plus?

08-10-2015 08:45 PM
    I don't have a 6 plus right now. So that's the problem.

08-10-2015 08:55 PM
    I don't have a 6 plus right now. So that's the problem.

I got one I'll sell ya

Sent from my  Iphone 6 plus 
    08-10-2015 09:14 PM
    I got one I'll sell ya

Thought you locked that up? I'm interested again...
    08-10-2015 10:55 PM
    Message sent

08-11-2015 12:08 AM

I have separate lines for those two devices.
    08-11-2015 09:50 PM
    Your inbox is full

08-11-2015 10:50 PM
    Your inbox is full

Just fixed it.
    08-11-2015 10:50 PM
    I have separate lines for those two devices.
    Me too

Sent from the Elegance
    08-12-2015 08:31 AM
    Just fixed it.
    In box is full again lol

08-12-2015 10:12 AM
    In box is full again lol

Fixed again!
    08-12-2015 10:13 AM
    That's what I'm doing this Sept. Got Note 3 now and going back to iPhone.
    6s Plus. Can't wait.
    08-17-2015 08:01 PM
    Literally just traded my note 4 for the 6plus. I've been with android since the droid 1 on Verizon. Staying apple for now. Got sick of inconsistent devices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    08-19-2015 06:07 PM
    Literally just traded my note 4 for the 6plus. I've been with android since the droid 1 on Verizon. Staying apple for now. Got sick of inconsistent devices.

Yup same here. Had my note 4 for the last 8 months but traded it in for the 6 plus and loved it. Thought I'd miss the customization of Android, but the smoothness of ios and ease outweighs it easily. Plus the same apps on both systems seems much smoother on ios
    08-19-2015 08:36 PM
    I miss the writing stylus. Did shopping lists on widgets. That's pretty much it.

Sent from my iPhone 6 + using Tapatalk
    08-20-2015 12:22 AM
    Yup same here. Had my note 4 for the last 8 months but traded it in for the 6 plus and loved it. Thought I'd miss the customization of Android, but the smoothness of ios and ease outweighs it easily. Plus the same apps on both systems seems much smoother on ios
    I second this. Everything just works, and works well. I've had a couple apps force close on me, but they just throw me to the home screen and I reopen them. No big deal. Plus with my job it works so much better with the 6plus. And battery life is amazing!

mchi5 likes this.
    08-20-2015 08:03 AM
    Hi iPhone 6 Plus and Galaxy Note 4-imoreappimg_20150822_051826.jpgthis my
    08-21-2015 09:18 PM
    I just bought my Note 5 and was planning on dual wielding it with my 6 plus. I sold my iPhone a couple weeks ago because I very much love this phone.

1)TouchWiz has been debloated and though I don't use it, it supports themes. I use Nova launcher as it let's me switch things around to my liking though

2)There is no lag. Absolutely none. I love it. I hated Samsung phones until the s6 and note 5 came around because of it.

3)The fingerprint scanner on the note 5 is just as good as the iPhone and with Samsung pay, you are not confined to NFC terminals, you can use magnetic readers as well.

3)The camera is phenomal but I still miss the iPhones ability to make the tone look better automatically

I very much enjoy the fruits of competition amongst cellphone makers.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    jdfry15 likes this.
    09-03-2015 02:22 AM
    I just bought my Note 5 and was planning on dual wielding it with my 6 plus. I sold my iPhone a couple weeks ago because I very much love this phone.

1)TouchWiz has been debloated and though I don't use it, it supports themes. I use Nova launcher as it let's me switch things around to my liking though
    https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09...39aa30521a.jpg

2)There is no lag. Absolutely none. I love it. I hated Samsung phones until the s6 and note 5 came around because of it.

3)The fingerprint scanner on the note 5 is just as good as the iPhone and with Samsung pay, you are not confined to NFC terminals, you can use magnetic readers as well.

3)The camera is phenomal but I still miss the iPhones ability to make the tone look better automatically

I very much enjoy the fruits of competition amongst cellphone makers.

I just took my note 5 back last night. While it is a great phone and the battery is very good for an android phone. I just couldn't deal with how different the same apps function. I also didn't realize how much I use reachability. The camera and screen are both better on the note, but I just can't deal with android at this point.
    09-03-2015 03:27 PM
    I just took my note 5 back last night. While it is a great phone and the battery is very good for an android phone. I just couldn't deal with how different the same apps function. I also didn't realize how much I use reachability. The camera and screen are both better on the note, but I just can't deal with android at this point.
    Understandable, reachability is an innovative solution. Also I agree that android apps require more handholding

09-05-2015 03:25 AM
    i know you said the note 4 but coming from a note 3 to the plus the one thing i hates with the samsung was the poor memory management. even with the 3gb of ram i would have to kill background running processes multiple times a day. usually once a day do a reboot also to make sure it would run ok.
    09-05-2015 04:32 PM
    I am by no means a memory expert but compared the the iPhone, the Samsung was not as bad. People on the Note 5 forum are a bit disgruntled about having apps reloading after the 6 or 7th one but even on the iPhone, I couldn't get that far without webpages reloading in safari and the like. Samsung recently did a massive de-bloat of Touch Whiz which has helped a lot compared to my experience with the S5. Features have been modularized such that if you want them, they are always there to download but otherwise are not baked into the software. I think Google and Samsung in particular have finally come around to Apple's way of thinking that more is not always good and that there are penalties for each action you take. Google's next plan is to reign in apps by not allowing them to wake the phone up when things are idle like Apple most of the time does. I am having to use an app called Daze to get the same functionality. I still don't have the idle time I did with the iPhone but the camera, screen amongst others has more than made up for it. Plus fast charging helps a lot. I'm currently at 6-7 SOT on my Note 5 which is more than enough and dual screen multitasking doesn't reload apps for my usage.
    09-06-2015 02:32 AM
78 1234