Some thoughts on the phone after a month

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
OK, I understand that the Apple user mentality is that things are just perfect and that anything that detracts from the idea that Apple software may not be perfect is something to cause alarm but let's face something here. Apple is a company run by humans, they have software written by humans, and because humans are imperfect beings everything made by humans is not going to be perfect. Get over it, it's fact.

As a person who has done programming in the past I have an idea about just how complex all of what is running on the iPhone really is. There's a lot of things that can come into play that can effect system and app stability. If you even had idea, even the smallest idea, just how complex everything is in the iPhone you would swear that it was the closest thing to a miracle that everything is working as well as it does.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
OK, I understand that the Apple user mentality is that things are just perfect and that anything that detracts from the idea that Apple software may not be perfect is something to cause alarm but let's face something here. Apple is a company run by humans, they have software written by humans, and because humans are imperfect beings everything made by humans is not going to be perfect. Get over it, it's fact.

As a person who has done programming in the past I have an idea about just how complex all of what is running on the iPhone really is. There's a lot of things that can come into play that can effect system and app stability. If you even had idea, even the smallest idea, just how complex everything is in the iPhone you would swear that it was the closest thing to a miracle that everything is working as well as it does.

There's a major difference in what you're describing and what is happening here...nobody on this site thinks the iPhone is a perfect device that is free of flaws...the problem is that most of us could have told you how this thread would turn out before the OP even BOUGHT an iPhone, just from his historic conversations on this forum. Then lo and behold, here it is...playing out exactly how it was always going to.

The core issue is that if you sit and obsess over stuff, you start to create problems out of the tiniest little things...for instance...there hasn't been a single shred of legitimate complaint by the OP about the iPhone, just a bunch of nit picking...and here we are, on page 5 of this thread, talking about how a website doesn't load properly SOMETIMES for SOME PEOPLE...I mean hell, we might as well start talking about how sometimes it takes .24857382 seconds to open the iPhone from lock and other times it takes .2494323 seconds...and go on about it...ON AND ON AND ON...until we make a handful of genius bar appointments to try and get a "properly" working iPhone.

It's absurdity...and sure, we could ignore it...but in an optimal scenario, this kind of thing wouldn't be the subject of a multi-page thread on an Apple device community.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm tryingtoenjoy the phone, but I just don't know if the hardware is defective or not. It could havethatflashstorage issue that happened and I got one with the bad nand flash or something.

I just can't understand why I was getting those crashes on my 6 plus but not my 5S running the same software version.

Dude Really? Really? Again with nand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
It's a subtle form of trolling. It's like watching one of those mystery diners shows on cable. My wife gets all into it. I tell her they're acting and contriving outrageous plots. She's like "no, it's real." And even knowing it's fake, it's easy to get pulled in.

I remember one forum for a newspaper long ago (probably one of my first) and this one person had like 6 "characters" she called them to troll with. One was an extreme liberal. Another a poor black person who played the race card on any issue. Another a single mother with 5 kids on welfare. A rich conservative. I forget what else. She (or he) posted to no end even to each other..lol. The responses piled up in multipage threads. It's what she got off on. No mods and so it just went.

Funny thing though, it made for interesting threads. You wanted her to go away, but things weren't that interesting on that forum without her. In any absence for like a few days, there was much less activity in the forums. Weird huh?

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
It's a subtle form of trolling. It's like watching one of those mystery diners shows on cable. My wife gets all into it. I tell her they're acting and contriving outrageous plots. She's like "no, it's real." And even knowing it's fake, it's easy to get pulled in.

I remember one forum for a newspaper long ago (probably one of my first) and this one person had like 6 "characters" she called them to troll with. One was an extreme liberal. Another a poor black person who played the race card on any issue. Another a single mother with 5 kids on welfare. A rich conservative. I forget what else. She (or he) posted to no end even to each other..lol. The responses piled up in multipage threads. It's what she got off on. No mods and so it just went.

Funny thing though, it made for interesting threads. You wanted her to go away, but things weren't that interesting on that forum without her. In any absence for like a few days, there was much less activity in the forums. Weird huh?

Think what you want man. I really don't care

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Think what you want man. I really don't care

Come on, you don't mean that. Anyways enough whining about your phone, which apple watch you getting? Me? I'm thinking the Apple Edition one. But I'm worried since I know I'll need an iphone to use it. I mean, here I am spending 10k on a gold apple watch but what if I like some crappy android phone later? I'm worried I'd be stuck always having to get an apple phone. And that's not an easy decision as you may know. What if I want a 6S or 6S plus later? But I've burned my upgrade and it takes them a year to reset it. But I could sell the watch to get it except not on ebay because I'd get screwed ove2r. But anyways, that's not the point. The point is, I'd be trapped. Maybe. Unless i go to an apple store. But what if they wouldn't help me? What do i say? I just don't know. Wouldn't they just exchange it? But only if they can replicate the issues I'm having.

I think I'm gonna go get one though. Or maybe not..

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Come on, you don't mean that. Anyways enough whining about your phone, which apple watch you getting? Me? I'm thinking the Apple Edition one. But I'm worried since I know I'll need an iphone to use it. I mean, here I am spending 10k on a gold apple watch but what if I like some crappy android phone later? I'm worried I'd be stuck always having to get an apple phone. And that's not an easy decision as you may know. What if I want a 6S or 6S plus later? But I've burned my upgrade and it takes them a year to reset it. But I could sell the watch to get it except not on ebay because I'd get screwed ove2r. But anyways, that's not the point. The point is, I'd be trapped. Maybe. Unless i go to an apple store. But what if they wouldn't help me? What do i say? I just don't know. Wouldn't they just exchange it? But only if they can replicate the issues I'm having.

I think I'm gonna go get one though. Or maybe not..

Fine, fine. You made your point.

Anyway, I went to the Apple Store and they just swapped it out. It's working great so far.

ultravisitor

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if it was only the128's effected though.

?

I also brought up the thing about the NAND flash issues the initial iPhones 6s had, but he said that it only effected 128gb models and since mine is a 64gb, it shouldn't be effected. Also, since I got my phone in January, I don't think my phone would have been part of that bad batch anyway, right?

edit-12159-1417188162-21.jpg