Some thoughts on the phone after a month

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I really think the OP shouldn't own a smartphone at all. My lord, he will never ever just enjoy using a device.

Yes, because I'm totally making up safari crashes, lag, and my phone not turning on properly, right? Nope, all in my head /s.

Anyway, I scheduled another Apple store appointment and I'm just gonna explain the situation to them. Maybe they'll switch it out or something, I don't know.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I had some issues with my iPhone 6 Plus and they seemed to coincide with the last OS update. But I couldn't understand why my phone because my iPad was fine on the OS and my daughter's iPhone 4S was fine with the latest update. My screen was freezing all the time. And the only way to use the screen again was to wait 2 minutes until it unfroze or hit the power button off then on again. It was driving me crazy that it was happening so frequently throughout the day. I did the restore to factory settings on the phone; that didn't work. I did the restore through iTunes; that didn't work either. I finally took it in to the Apple store and they determined that the screen was faulty and it was just a coincidence that the screen started to misbehave right around the time I updated the phone. Apple replaced my phone with another. It has been a few days and this replacement is awesome. No freezing at all. All of my issues have been resolved. I am so very happy with my iPhone 6 Plus now. Out of all of the smartphones I have ever had, that was only the 2nd time I have had a faulty one. Apple customer service really came to the rescue. No hassles. In and out and now satisfied.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's just the phone doesn't seems as smooth as my 5S, which is weird and I don't think normal.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It's just the phone doesn't seems as smooth as my 5S, which is weird and I don't think normal.

You don't "think" it's normal? lol!

It's not normal at all! By any stretch of the word "normal". Your phone is having problems that 99.9999% of the users on this website aren't having. You have a defective device...and the reason you're getting the responses you are is because YOU of all people ended up with a defective iPhone...it just seems hilariously odd that you would be the one to end up with such a situation given your history of posts on this website.

At any rate, hope you get your phone issue squared away...this is an incredible phone that runs circles around my old 5S.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
They should be able to see the crash data in the Diagnostics and Usage. Mine is getting full again (after a Restore as New last weekend) with a few native and 3rd party app crashes being reported. Safari also lags and stutters for me infrequently, but it could be that I have too many tabs open at a time. Let's hope that Apple fixes whatever is causing these problems in 8.1.4? or 8.2.

That's another thing. These issues could just be software related and maybe fixed with future updates. I may just cancel my appointment and see if the updates fix my issues. It's not like my phone is unusable. It's just annoying to have these issues when you spend so much on a product and when Apple has been so good in the past with smoothness.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
You don't "think" it's normal? lol!

It's not normal at all! By any stretch of the word "normal". Your phone is having problems that 99.9999% of the users on this website aren't having. You have a defective device...and the reason you're getting the responses you are is because YOU of all people ended up with a defective iPhone...it just seems hilariously odd that you would be the one to end up with such a situation given your history of posts on this website.

At any rate, hope you get your phone issue squared away...this is an incredible phone that runs circles around my old 5S.

I don't know if I'm just unlucky or something or just crazy. But I don't know if the hardware itself is defective or if this is stuff that's going to be ironed out in 8.2 or whatever.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if I'm just unlucky or something or just crazy. But I don't know if the hardware itself is defective or if this is stuff that's going to be ironed out in 8.2 or whatever.

Kid guess that it is a hardware issue. Because after getting my phone replaced, I have none of the issues that I had before. My phone runs super smoothly now. So I guess it wouldn't hurt to get a replacement just to rule out a hardware issue.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
The 6+ was the first iPhone that I ever had any problem with. The first one I had was possessed by a dead pixel and such an imperfection is more than I could happily live with. Best Buy swapped it out and this one has been flawless and smooth. ...as I'd expect.

2ndAmendNut

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
I, too, have a 64 GB Space gray 6+. I've had mine for 11 days now. Mine works flawlessly! However, I do agree with you about third-party developers not utilizing landscape mode.

Last edited:

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I, too, have a 64 GB Space gray 6+ as well. I've had mine for 11 days now. Mine works flawlessly! However, I do agree with you about third-party developers not utilizing landscape mode.

Guess mines the only one acting up then, I don't know. Maybe I am blowing it out of proportion, I don't know. It's not like the phone doesn't work.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I attribute a lot of safari crashes to some websites. If I'm looking up some information and it seems like it may have good info the site can be crappy. There are so many ads and just junk on the web these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
The thing is I don't even know if they'll switch it out or not. It's not issues I can replicate. Like I said, a lot of it is just apps freezing sometimes, the phone screen not always turning on when hitting the power, and scrolling issues and safari crashes. Also when typing on the keyboard the keys will sometimes not register types and when you hit a letter and the it floats above it sometimes will freeze for a few seconds.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
How about stop pondering whether they will or won't and take the thing there and see what happens? If they don't swap it out then just vent your frustrations to Apple.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
The thing is I don't even know if they'll switch it out or not. It's not issues I can replicate. Like I said, a lot of it is just apps freezing sometimes, the phone screen not always turning on when hitting the power, and scrolling issues and safari crashes. Also when typing on the keyboard the keys will sometimes not register types and when you hit a letter and the it floats above it sometimes will freeze for a few seconds.

I would definitely take it in. The things that you are describing I would say are atypical to the performance I have experienced with my iOS devices. Like I had mentioned before, I took my last iPhone 6 Plus in due to the screen not being responsive and they swapped it out no problems. The new device that I have is perfect. No complaints.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
So I took it in yesterday. They did there usually diagnostics and said everything looked fine. They opened it up and said it didn't look like any internals were broken or disconnected. So they put it in DFU mode and they restored the software and firmware. Although it did plug it in my computer to restore just like he did, I didn't do DFU mode, so maybe that is better?

I don't know. He took a lot of notes and he said that I should try it out and see if this worked. If not, then they'll know its a hardware issue and theyll look at it from a hardware aspect.

So while I'm a bit disappointed I didn't get a hardware swap, it does seem like the phone is acting smoother than before. I'll keep an eye on it over the next week or so. I'm mainly just tired of driving out there and wasting gas, ha ha.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR