Hey 6 plus users do you ever feel like it is too big?

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Re: 6 plus users do you ever feel like it is too big

I came from a Lumia 1520. A big screen fits my professional life incredibly well. To be honest, I thought the 6 Plus would be too small. I must say though, that I believe Apple got the size perfect. I'm not a small guy, I'm 6' 1", 210 pounds, so that may help me, but I think anything smaller than this would be a mistake for me. The size is great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site

I don't even notice the size of my 6 Plus anymore. Even my missus Note 4 doesn't bother me.

Bane310

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site

Had the iPhone 6 and recently decided to grab the 6 plus , I haven't looked back the size is perfect yes it's big but the pros far out weigh the cons , bigger battery and screen best choice I made.

sallenthornton

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Zero regrets. I was a little taken back by the size initially, but there has no been one time where I wanted to go smaller. That being said... there is no way i would want to go bugger either. The overall size is perfect for me. Not sure if it matters, but I am 6'1 with average size hands.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

This is the time of year when I have struggled with the bigger phones because I am wearing shorts and just more active outside with less places to put a phone on me. I actually thought about moving to a 6 or swapping out to my Moto X for the summer. I went so far as to start making the switch online. I couldn't do it. I have been more happy with the 6 plus than any other phone I have had since my BlackBerry days years ago. I got my 6 plus over 4 months ago and have not used another device since. That says it all for me. I was switching every month practically. The benefits far outweigh dealing with the size at times. Maybe an Apple Watch would help??? I may be coming around on the benefit of that too.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

In the end it was too big for me. That said, I will pay close attention this fall. The differences in screen resolution, battery, and OIS are not enough for me to choose the 6+ over the 6 as my daily driver. But, if Apple starts to play even more favorites with the Plus iteration of the next phone, my hand may be forced.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site

In the end it was too big for me. That said, I will pay close attention this fall. The differences in screen resolution, battery, and OIS are not enough for me to choose the 6+ over the 6 as my daily driver. But, if Apple starts to play even more favorites with the Plus iteration of the next phone, my hand may be forced.

Same here I've tried the plus for a
Few weeks and wasn't for me. Went back to the i6 and I too will be paying close attention to the plus this fall to see if they are gonna play favorites. I hope apple beefs up the specs on the 6s. Time will tell.

Sent from my  Iphone 6 

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site

Will switch back to 6 soon for easier handling. But will miss bigger battery a bit.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site

Nope. Not at all. Fits in my shorts pocket fine.

Darthstorm528

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

After a week having it, I'm pretty much used to the size, while one hand use is difficult at times, it doesn't bother me, my eyes are doing much better with the 5.5 inch screen.

Dougie011

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site

When I first got it, I was having second thoughts about the size. After a couple of days, I had gotten used to the size and could not be happier with the 6+.

missy8787

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site

I went from the Galaxy s4 to the 6 plus and it doesn't seem that much bigger to me lol I like the size it is and hope they keep this size for upcoming iPhones I would definitely keep getting the bigger screen sizes

iJuan

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

yes sometimes.... but I'm super happy i went with my huge iPhone 6 Plus

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site

Much too big for one handed use, noticeably heavier and bigger grip to hold and doesn't fit as easily in and out of pockets. But the bugger screen and battery are very nice. You get used to the other trade offs.

burwil

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site

I've been using a Note 2 and Note 3 the past few years. When I used T Mobile's 5S for their test drive program I thought I was holding a toy! Can't read anything on it. You'll get used to the plus quickly. However, two people I know, both who also owned a Note 3, went to a Nexus 5 and iPhone 6 recently. I still think the 6 is too small. The Nexus 5 is a great size....along with the Samsung S6, Moto Droid Turbo...around the 5 inch size. I wish the iPhone 6 was 5 inches....that would have been a tough decision.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site

I'm starting to come to the realization that the iPhone 6 Plus is a two handed device. No matter how I try with one hand, sometimes the 'reaching' almost hurts my thumb.

With that, I tend to use my device less, if I don't have both hands available. Although, when typing, I tend to type much faster with both hands now...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice