I'm starting to come to the realization that the iPhone 6 Plus is a two handed device. No matter how I try with one hand, sometimes the 'reaching' almost hurts my thumb.

With that, I tend to use my device less, if I don't have both hands available. Although, when typing, I tend to type much faster with both hands now...
    It's definitely a 2-handed device in my opinion, but I knew that it would be when I bought it. Can I do certain things with one hand on my iPhone 6 Plus? Of course, I can. However, I'm more comfortable using two hands with it, especially when typing.
    anon(153966) likes this.
    05-14-2015 08:11 AM
    In the Android world big format phones like the Notes and now the Nexus 6 were quickly considered two hand phones shortly after release. Once you've internalized that then it becomes an easier decision as to whether or not you should stick with it. I don't think the double tap of the Plus home button to bring things down adds much utility to the phone. I tried it just to see it work and then moved on. It's not a one handed phone. However for those who think it is too big (as in 'wide') you can mitigate that somewhat by not using a case or using one that doesn't have much heft. I use the ZooGue which is very form fitting and also own the Diztronic.
    05-14-2015 08:24 AM
    I'm starting to come to the realization that the iPhone 6 Plus is a two handed device. No matter how I try with one hand, sometimes the 'reaching' almost hurts my thumb.

With that, I tend to use my device less, if I don't have both hands available. Although, when typing, I tend to type much faster with both hands now...
    I definitely type faster two handed but I have no trouble typing one handed on my 6+. It definitely took some getting used to though.
    05-14-2015 08:37 AM
    I almost exclusively use the iPhone 6+ one handed, well unless I'm lying done.
    I type using three fingers.
    it's actually a lot of fun.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
    05-14-2015 09:16 AM
    No, I don't feel like its too big. My last two phones were a Nexus 6 and Note 4. The screen size and weight are just right for the 6+.
    05-14-2015 09:17 AM

Reachability works for me when one-handing the device.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    05-14-2015 01:58 PM
    You know, I wish the iPhone had more gesture options, like BB10. With that I wouldn't have to use the home button as much and maybe I'd use the 'reachability' option more...
    05-14-2015 02:41 PM
    I have the 6 after switching from the 6+, wish I would've stick with the +.

Sent from my  iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    05-14-2015 02:41 PM
    I'm 6'3 with huge hands so its definitely a one handed device for me. Then again I've managed to use a iPad mini on handed lol. But the good thing is they make 2 sizes for those that don't want a phablet.
    05-14-2015 03:02 PM
109 ... 345