Adios Android!!! Big hello iphone 6plus!!!! (Finally)

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I bought a 6+ over the weekend and love it and I've had every iPhone but the 5. I still prefer my Note 4 because it seems to be a bit faster. The iPhone just seems to take a bit longer to open anything.
I'm surprised about that.

I find that the iPhone 6 Plus opens apps much faster than my Note 3 and the hardware difference between the Note 3 and the Note 4 isn't really that much. Not only that but having a lot of apps open on my iPhone 6 Plus doesn't make the device lag like it did on the Note 3.

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Hah, I am so ready to do this! I was thinking of toughing it out with my Note 3 until my contract is due but I might take the opportunity to jump ship to T-Mobile. I've finished the long slow process of converting everything else I use to Apple and my Android phone is my last non-Apple gadget.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Hah, I am so ready to do this! I was thinking of toughing it out with my Note 3 until my contract is due but I might take the opportunity to jump ship to T-Mobile. I've finished the long slow process of converting everything else I use to Apple and my Android phone is my last non-Apple gadget.

I'm one that actually loves my Note 3 still. It performs just as well as my other phones including my 6+ but doesn't offer the battery life or low-light camera performance the 6+ offers buts it's a solid device and though it's redundant to other devices I have I'm keeping it, it's earned that.

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Oh I like the Note 3 well enough. It is a pretty good device but I ended up not using the S-Pen features very much. I think I was expecting something that worked a bit like my old Pocket PC from when I first started Uni and the handwriting recognition never left me feeling as satisfied as that. I got it on launch day and at the time it had the best screen on the market, period. Sad to think thats only been like 18 months!

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
The S-Pen or stylus on the Galaxy Note series always did seem like a gimmick to me. I took it out a couple of times but I really never used it. Perhaps on an iPad a stylus would be a very useful thing but on a phone, not so much.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
The S-Pen or stylus on the Galaxy Note series always did seem like a gimmick to me. I took it out a couple of times but I really never used it. Perhaps on an iPad a stylus would be a very useful thing but on a phone, not so much.

That's what I thought too until I realized that I could make a screen cap of any section of the display just by drawing a square or rectangle over the section that I wanted to capture with the pen and then sending it to someone. With the iPhone, you have to screen cap it, open it in the photos app and then crop the section you want to send.

It also made it easy to send multiple pictures just by quickly drawing a box over all the pictures with the pen in the gallery. There were far too many uses for the pen and most people have no idea it was not just for drawing or writing.

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
But how many screen shots are you really going to make? I selected multiple images by tapping an image and holding it.

Now that I look back on the many reasons why I disliked my Android phone I would have to put most of the blame on one thing... TouchWiz. TouchWiz was a resource pig. It ate more CPU and RAM than anything I've ever seen. Games, I can understand why something like that would use a lot of CPU and RAM but TouchWiz was just a shell and it had no reason to be that much of a resource pig.

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I have my iPhone 6 Plus now (traded the Note 3 in to get it) and couldn't be happier. Best decision I ever made.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
That's what I thought too until I realized that I could make a screen cap of any section of the display just by drawing a square or rectangle over the section that I wanted to capture with the pen and then sending it to someone. With the iPhone, you have to screen cap it, open it in the photos app and then crop the section you want to send.

It also made it easy to send multiple pictures just by quickly drawing a box over all the pictures with the pen in the gallery. There were far too many uses for the pen and most people have no idea it was not just for drawing or writing.

Or you could just zoom into what you wanted to screen capture...

DX9

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I loved my Note 4. Had it for 2 months. Loved the screen, customization, S Pen even though I didn't use it a whole lot. At the end of the day it all came down to the Apple Ecosystem. Having tons of friends with iPhones and having many things Apple at home with the family it made sense going back to iPhone.

Having iMessage back, having a camera that takes great pics with movement and isn't blurred all the time with motion shots was big for me as well as Lockscreen notifications that I could simply reply to a message, Mark an Email Read or Trash it without having to unlock the phone is also big deal to me. Love the FingerPrint on the iPhone also. Works 100% of the time where the Note 4 would be like 25% of the time. Note 4 was a great device overall but the main things I need and want Apple does it better.

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Yeah TouchWiz is garbage. I replaced it with Nova Launcher and got better performance right away!

I will say the screen writing/note taking feature has been very useful to me for making notes at work. Most of the other managers keep memo pads in case they need to make a quick note, I just use my phone. A lot of the other functions, like screen captures, the scrap booking, and the multi-tasking...I found that I never used most of that stuff. Main thing I use my phone for is SMS and music.

Note is a very cool device with a lot of neat options but I just don't use most of it. A smartphone is probably not for me anyway as I need 10+ hours of quality standby and talk time per day and whenever I take my phone out to play, I drain to much of the battery, heh. Never had battery issues when I was on feature phones.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Yeah TouchWiz is garbage. I replaced it with Nova Launcher and got better performance right away!

I will say the screen writing/note taking feature has been very useful to me for making notes at work. Most of the other managers keep memo pads in case they need to make a quick note, I just use my phone. A lot of the other functions, like screen captures, the scrap booking, and the multi-tasking...I found that I never used most of that stuff. Main thing I use my phone for is SMS and music.

Note is a very cool device with a lot of neat options but I just don't use most of it. A smartphone is probably not for me anyway as I need 10+ hours of quality standby and talk time per day and whenever I take my phone out to play, I drain to much of the battery, heh. Never had battery issues when I was on feature phones.

I agree that I don't always use the S Pen but when I want it it's there and I love the peace of mind that gives which is why out of my 4 phones 3 of them are Notes.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I agree that I don't always use the S Pen but when I want it it's there and I love the peace of mind that gives which is why out of my 4 phones 3 of them are Notes.

I'm glad to see people have a place in their lives for both platforms. I will never get rid of my Note 4 and Note Edge and I still have room for my 6+. There's an iPad in there too but I don't use it all that much anymore. I've also cancelled it's data plan.

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I don't know, I just think that many of the apps that I once used on Android work and look far better on iOS than Android. I have no idea why. It may be just because I have a new toy to play with.

The battery life is amazing with the iPhone 6 Plus. I've had the device off the charger since 9 or 10 AM yesterday morning and it's down to 42% battery life. I didn't plug it in last night, I just left it as is. I figure that I'll be able charge it every other day. I had to charge my old Note 3 daily with a spare battery with me to swap out to be able to get through a day.

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I don't know, I just think that many of the apps that I once used on Android work and look far better on iOS than Android. I have no idea why. It may be just because I have a new toy to play with.

The battery life is amazing with the iPhone 6 Plus. I've had the device off the charger since 9 or 10 AM yesterday morning and it's down to 42% battery life. I didn't plug it in last night, I just left it as is. I figure that I'll be able charge it every other day. I had to charge my old Note 3 daily with a spare battery with me to swap out to be able to get through a day.

Am I the only one that likes the apps better on Android than on iOS? Pocketmags is far better on Android than on iOS because not only do Android devices have back buttons, but the Android version of the app has a back button within the app. The iOS version doesn't have a back option; I have to close the app to leave one issue of a magazine and go back to my newsstand. Magazines are cheaper in the Android version, as well.

The other app that I have a functionality issue with is Big Win Slots. On the iPhone, the points don't calculate correctly and the game descriptions aren't visible. On both the iPhone and the iPad, I get fewer bonus points than I do at the same levels on the Android version of the game. There are other apps that I haven't had functionality issues with, but I don't see any advantage with the iOS versions of the apps over the Android versions of the apps.

jakdillard

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Am I the only one that likes the apps better on Android than on iOS? Pocketmags is far better on Android than on iOS because not only do Android devices have back buttons, but the Android version of the app has a back button within the app. The iOS version doesn't have a back option; I have to close the app to leave one issue of a magazine and go back to my newsstand. Magazines are cheaper in the Android version, as well.

The other app that I have a functionality issue with is Big Win Slots. On the iPhone, the points don't calculate correctly and the game descriptions aren't visible. On both the iPhone and the iPad, I get fewer bonus points than I do at the same levels on the Android version of the game. There are other apps that I haven't had functionality issues with, but I don't see any advantage with the iOS versions of the apps over the Android versions of the apps.

Sound like developer issues

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73