I loved my Note 4. Had it for 2 months. Loved the screen, customization, S Pen even though I didn't use it a whole lot. At the end of the day it all came down to the Apple Ecosystem. Having tons of friends with iPhones and having many things Apple at home with the family it made sense going back to iPhone.

Having iMessage back, having a camera that takes great pics with movement and isn't blurred all the time with motion shots was big for me as well as Lockscreen notifications that I could simply reply to a message, Mark an Email Read or Trash it without having to unlock the phone is also big deal to me. Love the FingerPrint on the iPhone also. Works 100% of the time where the Note 4 would be like 25% of the time. Note 4 was a great device overall but the main things I need and want Apple does it better.
    02-23-2015 09:26 PM
    Yeah TouchWiz is garbage. I replaced it with Nova Launcher and got better performance right away!

I will say the screen writing/note taking feature has been very useful to me for making notes at work. Most of the other managers keep memo pads in case they need to make a quick note, I just use my phone. A lot of the other functions, like screen captures, the scrap booking, and the multi-tasking...I found that I never used most of that stuff. Main thing I use my phone for is SMS and music.

Note is a very cool device with a lot of neat options but I just don't use most of it. A smartphone is probably not for me anyway as I need 10+ hours of quality standby and talk time per day and whenever I take my phone out to play, I drain to much of the battery, heh. Never had battery issues when I was on feature phones.
    02-23-2015 09:26 PM
    Yeah TouchWiz is garbage. I replaced it with Nova Launcher and got better performance right away!

I will say the screen writing/note taking feature has been very useful to me for making notes at work. Most of the other managers keep memo pads in case they need to make a quick note, I just use my phone. A lot of the other functions, like screen captures, the scrap booking, and the multi-tasking...I found that I never used most of that stuff. Main thing I use my phone for is SMS and music.

Note is a very cool device with a lot of neat options but I just don't use most of it. A smartphone is probably not for me anyway as I need 10+ hours of quality standby and talk time per day and whenever I take my phone out to play, I drain to much of the battery, heh. Never had battery issues when I was on feature phones.
    I agree that I don't always use the S Pen but when I want it it's there and I love the peace of mind that gives which is why out of my 4 phones 3 of them are Notes.
    21stNow likes this.
    02-23-2015 09:41 PM
    I agree that I don't always use the S Pen but when I want it it's there and I love the peace of mind that gives which is why out of my 4 phones 3 of them are Notes.
    I'm glad to see people have a place in their lives for both platforms. I will never get rid of my Note 4 and Note Edge and I still have room for my 6+. There's an iPad in there too but I don't use it all that much anymore. I've also cancelled it's data plan.
    Princesa likes this.
    02-23-2015 09:45 PM
    Welcome, I've had my plus since launch and love it
    Princesa likes this.
    02-23-2015 10:12 PM
    I don't know, I just think that many of the apps that I once used on Android work and look far better on iOS than Android. I have no idea why. It may be just because I have a new toy to play with.

The battery life is amazing with the iPhone 6 Plus. I've had the device off the charger since 9 or 10 AM yesterday morning and it's down to 42% battery life. I didn't plug it in last night, I just left it as is. I figure that I'll be able charge it every other day. I had to charge my old Note 3 daily with a spare battery with me to swap out to be able to get through a day.
    Princesa likes this.
    02-23-2015 10:22 PM
    I don't know, I just think that many of the apps that I once used on Android work and look far better on iOS than Android. I have no idea why. It may be just because I have a new toy to play with.

The battery life is amazing with the iPhone 6 Plus. I've had the device off the charger since 9 or 10 AM yesterday morning and it's down to 42% battery life. I didn't plug it in last night, I just left it as is. I figure that I'll be able charge it every other day. I had to charge my old Note 3 daily with a spare battery with me to swap out to be able to get through a day.
    Am I the only one that likes the apps better on Android than on iOS? Pocketmags is far better on Android than on iOS because not only do Android devices have back buttons, but the Android version of the app has a back button within the app. The iOS version doesn't have a back option; I have to close the app to leave one issue of a magazine and go back to my newsstand. Magazines are cheaper in the Android version, as well.

The other app that I have a functionality issue with is Big Win Slots. On the iPhone, the points don't calculate correctly and the game descriptions aren't visible. On both the iPhone and the iPad, I get fewer bonus points than I do at the same levels on the Android version of the game. There are other apps that I haven't had functionality issues with, but I don't see any advantage with the iOS versions of the apps over the Android versions of the apps.
    02-24-2015 03:27 PM
    Am I the only one that likes the apps better on Android than on iOS? Pocketmags is far better on Android than on iOS because not only do Android devices have back buttons, but the Android version of the app has a back button within the app. The iOS version doesn't have a back option; I have to close the app to leave one issue of a magazine and go back to my newsstand. Magazines are cheaper in the Android version, as well.

The other app that I have a functionality issue with is Big Win Slots. On the iPhone, the points don't calculate correctly and the game descriptions aren't visible. On both the iPhone and the iPad, I get fewer bonus points than I do at the same levels on the Android version of the game. There are other apps that I haven't had functionality issues with, but I don't see any advantage with the iOS versions of the apps over the Android versions of the apps.
    Sound like developer issues
    02-24-2015 03:52 PM
58 123