How do you disable Camera Auto Burst?

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
How to disable camera auto burst? It's very anoying when taking self portrait pics with timer. It takes 10 pics. Please help. Dont want to download 3rd party apps.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

tharley46

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Re: Disable Camera Auto Burst

Me to, I would like to know also. Burst photo is a pain in a**

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site

Just review the series of pictures and choose which one is the best. You have a better chance to get a better shot....

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

There is no way to turn it off when using the timer...from what I've read, this wasn't always present when using the timer, and came after the first update of iOS 8. Not sure what that means (whether it is a bug, or if it is a "feature").

Other camera apps on the iPhone don't employ this step, so you might try that instead of using the native camera app if it really bothers you that badly...otherwise, send in a complaint to Apple and maybe enough people will do so as well, and they'll give you the ability to toggle such things off or on (if it is, indeed, a feature).

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
There is a way!!!!!! Turn the flash from auto to on… It disables the burst!!! such a time saver!!!

This is not a very optimal "fix" as it also uses the flash for every photo...which tends to screw lighting up pretty badly for photos that don't need flash enabled.

SuzieM13

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site
I just got the iPhone 7 last week (Nov 2016) and am so disappointed that still--every time I use the timer, it takes 10 crappy photos instead of one good one. So dumb!! Who do I complain to about this useless feature?????

SuzieM13

Nov 21, 2016
Visit site
I agree. I rarely use the flash. I want to take a photo without flash, using the TIMER and not get 10 burst LOW QUALITY photos!!

valencourt

Feb 23, 2017
Visit site
If you have an iphone 7 plus and set the HDR to ON, you can turn off the flash and still use the timer without getting the auto burst. Got to keep the HDR on though.

RowdygeniusWK

Jul 1, 2017
Visit site
I just want to get rid of this Burst thing all together. Apple is starting to act like Microsoft; assuming they know what tools we will like. Is there a way to disable Burst?

Rimartic924

Mar 20, 2018
Visit site
It seems apple likes kind of pain in the A.. subjects!!!!
Regardless to being unable to disable burst mode, there are tons of B.S in new ios !! Such as;
1-No feature or setting menu for photo and camera in setting and very few adjusting features in camera mode!
2- The famous inflicting about reducing performance in front of lower battery power without asking permission from owners!
3-huge vary of limitations for transferring files between apps just in the name of security!
I mean what’s the special point about high security level of ios when you cant move or transfer any file as easy as many open sorce OS like android!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2