Has anyone had issues with the Alarm sounding even after it's been disabled?

knighty2112

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi all. I've had my shiny new IPhone 6+ for just over three months now and am on IOS 8.1.3. I've noticed on a few occasions when I've set my alarm to wake up, that when I eventually wake up (after 4 or 5 snooze periods!) and go into the alarm to turn it off fully, that sometimes even after doing this the alarm still goes off after this again.

This morning it did this again, and when I went to make sure I did indeed turn the alarm off correctly I notice that the alarm symbol at the top of the display was still showing, yet when in the alarm settings themselves the alarm was fully turned off, but strangely the daily alarm I have was a slightly different shade of grey to the weekend alarm I use for weekends obviously. It was only when I turned the daily alarm on and then off again that both alarm tabs became the same shade of grey again, and the alarm symbol disappeared on the top of my home screen.

Not a massive issue as it has only happened a handful of times, but just wondering if anyone else has these issues with the alarm clock on their phone?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Nope. Never, but I don't ever use the snooze option. When the alarm sounds, I disable it and then I get up and get moving...:)

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Never had this issue but it wouldnt hurt to back uo your phone then wipe it and restore it. Usually helps these types of issues.

knighty2112

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Never had this issue but it wouldnt hurt to back uo your phone then wipe it and restore it. Usually helps these types of issues.

If it becomes more persistent I may just do this. As it is it has only happened about 5 or so times, so at the moment I can live with it.

Rnkriis

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
One problem that i have, and its with multiple devices, is that when i do set the alarm, it will never go off. When i look at the devise, it says tap to snooze but is not making a sound. I've been late to work a number of time because of this.

I usually set an alarm on 3 different devices to make sure I'm up...

You would think I've learned my lesson by now but i still use my phone.... Lol!!!!!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
One problem that i have, and its with multiple devices, is that when i do set the alarm, it will never go off. When i look at the devise, it says tap to snooze but is not making a sound. I've been late to work a number of time because of this.

I usually set an alarm on 3 different devices to make sure I'm up...

You would think I've learned my lesson by now but i still use my phone.... Lol!!!!!
Sometimes I set the alarm in the clock app to go off at several times. Like 5:30 am, then 5:45 am, then 6:00 am with no snooze.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

knighty2112

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Update: I've managed to replicate the issue, and the problem occurs when you swipe the off button left. This only happens very occasionally, but managed to find this out after testing it.

If I instead just tap the off button instead this never happens (or at least not so far as I've tested it).

Only reason I swiped the button rather than tapping it before was my old phone used to require you to swipe these kind of buttons, so muscle memory was still getting me to do this. Need to retrain my brain just to tap it on and off instead. : )

luciobarra

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
It happened to me this weekend !

I switched off all the alarms in my iPhone 6 because I was at the cinema.

One of the alarms was set at 21:30 and even it was disabled it still went OFF !

Not funny if you are at the movies............

My friends of course didn't believed me when I told them I was 100% sure I switched off all the alarms.

I've also managed to replicate the issue, and I confirm: the problem occurs when you swipe the off button left, instead of tapping.

This happens quite often to me, every 4 or 5 swipes to the left.

Did you notice the background color of the alarm?

A properly muted alarm has a grey background but when this bug occurs, the background remains white.

Pretty annoying stuff : /

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73