Ringtonium is awesome. Can make 40 second ringtones or shorter notification tones. And I don't know if u can still do this or not but u used to be able to shorten a song to the section u want by right clicking and going to options create AAC and then save to ur tones.
    02-07-2015 03:02 AM
    Oh, yeah? I got PERMANENTLY banned on Android Central just for defending Apple.
    LOL!!!! Oh well don't feel bad. Speaking the truth is a bad thing in some sites. Not speaking of Android Central.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    02-07-2015 03:43 AM
    I had wondered where Pappy had gone on Android Central. His "defense" of Apple at AC was a little...enthusiastic...let's say. Anywho, as others have said, its not that its so terribly difficult to make a ringtone for an iOS device it's just easier in Android. No big biggy. Some things are harder in Android...like rooting vs. jail breaking.
    decypher44 likes this.
    02-07-2015 04:20 AM
    His "defense" of Apple at AC was a little...enthusiastic..
    But I spoke the truth. When one speaks up for the brand that he believes in amidst untruths being told about said products, then I don't consider that as "trolling". But their mods do.
    jhnnyblze2000 likes this.
    02-07-2015 05:10 AM
    But I spoke the truth. When one speaks up for the brand that he believes in amidst untruths being told about said products, then I don't consider that as "trolling". But their mods do.
    There are sites where the truth is not welcome. Those sites are so overly sensitive that they go after the one telling the truth regardless how they are personally attacked. And leadership blames the one being attacked for the behaviour of those doing the attacking. I haven't experienced that at AC but those sites exist.

Be free of them. They're poison.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD for iPad
    02-07-2015 06:07 AM
    The truth is that it is a pain to have to do this and is too small to be a game changer; but, if most users would like this ability then what reason is there not to enable it, except money. This perception really hurts Apple's reputation.
    decypher44 likes this.
    02-07-2015 07:32 AM
    I think apples reputation is going to to be ok. Last quarter Apple reported $74.6 billion in revenue, $18 billion in net profit representing $3.06 per share. This is the largest corporate quarterly earnings of all time.

Sent from my Gold iPad Air using Tapatalk
    02-07-2015 07:51 AM
    The truth is that it is a pain to have to do this and is too small to be a game changer; but, if most users would like this ability then what reason is there not to enable it, except money. This perception really hurts Apple's reputation.
    But do most users really want this? In honesty I simply get them in iTunes.

(Sorry said Apple Store before. )

02-07-2015 08:33 AM
    But do most users really want this? In honesty I simply get them in iTunes.

(Sorry said Apple Store before. )

Do most users even want custom ringtones? Whenever I'm in public and hear other people's ring or chirp a notification, it's almost always a built in tone (regardless of whether it's an iPhone, android, etc). In fact most of the time, it's the default sound it makes out of the box. So most users don't even switch among the available sounds installed on their device-at least as far as my experience goes.
    02-07-2015 09:00 AM
    Do most users even want custom ringtones? Whenever I'm in public and hear other people's ring or chirp a notification, it's almost always a built in tone (regardless of whether it's an iPhone, android, etc). In fact most of the time, it's the default sound it makes out of the box. So most users don't even switch among the available sounds installed on their device-at least as far as my experience goes.
    I think the fad of custom ringtones has faded. I've got one, Penny Lane, from iTunes.

02-07-2015 09:02 AM
    If i buy mp3, then it have the right for that mp3. I should have have right to use it as my ringtone as well. Why should i buy another file just for ringtone ? Honestly say, i'm not agree with apple for this case "if" lisence is the case here.

From java and symbian era, we can easily just select the mp3 file as a ringtone in native setting without any tweak. Same way as android and blackberry allowed us to do now.

But anyway, this ringtone is not an issue for me since i don't need any specific songs for my ringtone.
    decypher44 and shief24 like this.
    02-07-2015 09:03 AM
    They expect you to drink the Koolaid and march in lockstep.
    02-07-2015 09:24 AM
    If i buy mp3, then it have the right for that mp3. I should have have right to use it as my ringtone as well. Why should i buy another file just for ringtone ? Honestly say, i'm not agree with apple for this case "if" lisence is the case here.

From java and symbian era, we can easily just select the mp3 file as a ringtone in native setting without any tweak. Same way as android and blackberry allowed us to do now.

But anyway, this ringtone is not an issue for me since i don't need any specific songs for my ringtone.
    You don't have to buy the ringtone, too. But the only other option is to make (or have one made for you) the ringtone from the .mp3 or .m4a file.
    02-07-2015 09:25 AM
    I think the fad of custom ringtones has faded. I've got one, Penny Lane, from iTunes.

Perhaps the trend is fading. Maybe not. I have over 30 ringtones that I've created over the years. And I still use several of the old BlackBerry alerts for stuff like email and text messages. And I still use custom ringtones for family members. But with that said, I haven't changed them in years. I also haven't added any new ones in eons. As a "classic rock" guy, I'm pretty locked in.
    02-07-2015 09:29 AM
    I don't have a working computer. So there's no way for me to create or add a ringtone from songs I have already paid for. So the music industry wants me to pay twice for the same song? Yes, it's greed!

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    02-07-2015 09:33 AM
    There are apps for making ringtones... and doing so is only as difficult as one chooses to make it.

This thread is a horse in need of a rendering plant...
    jhnnyblze2000 likes this.
    02-07-2015 09:46 AM
    I do not find it to be extremely inconvenient to have to take several steps to get a ringtone on my phone. It is really only like a 3 step process. More often than not I just purchase them, but when I am feeling frugal I will take the time to make them myself and transfer them from my computer.
    02-07-2015 10:03 AM
    Perhaps the trend is fading. Maybe not. I have over 30 ringtones that I've created over the years. And I still use several of the old BlackBerry alerts for stuff like email and text messages. And I still use custom ringtones for family members. But with that said, I haven't changed them in years. I also haven't added any new ones in eons. As a "classic rock" guy, I'm pretty locked in.

Love classic rock. Good stuff!
    02-07-2015 10:42 AM
    I haven't used a custom ringtone in years lol. Preloaded stuff for tones and notifications are perfectly fine for me
    02-07-2015 10:56 AM
    No it doesn't.
    02-07-2015 12:06 PM
    Just a cash cow for Apple to make even more money, ain't gonna ever change. No big issue for me as I rarely change my ringtone, nor do I buy any music from them either. However, I can see why some might be peeved.
    decypher44 and shief24 like this.
    02-07-2015 12:28 PM
    From what I've read. iTunes "music" is not such a cash bonanza as some may think. iTunes net in the first Q of 2014 was 2.4 billion. This includes The App Store The Mac App Store and iBooks. I've read it increased from 2013 but the music side stayed flat. The increase was from the App Store.
    So the fact that a user can't "play" a song as a ringtone on a iPhone doesn't have anything to do with money in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    kch50428 likes this.
    02-07-2015 01:17 PM
    No way! BB users create ringtones??? I thought all you guys were too busy creating spreadsheets, sending thousands of emails per sec and just making the world a much more productive place.

I wasn't sure BB phones even rang.

I mean who actually has time to talk when they're being super-hyper productive?

Woow!

I learned something today.
    Last edited by Soeasy; 02-07-2015 at 01:46 PM.
    Haalcyon and 21stNow like this.
    02-07-2015 01:20 PM
    The mods at AC have no interest in anyone's opinion if it differs from theirs.
    02-07-2015 01:22 PM
    So the fact that a user can't "play" a song as a ringtone on a iPhone doesn't have anything to do with money in my opinion.
    But those who are fanatics of other platforms use it as one of their trite memes to vent their ire on Apple...
    qbnkelt likes this.
    02-07-2015 01:24 PM
81 1234