My Terrible Customer Service Experience!

AlfBriggs

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I recently purchased a iPhone 6 Plus from one of the UK's leading retailers, which I won't name as we have since reached an agreement and I have received a full refund + a ?100 gift voucher and 20% of all purchases until late October or something. I was not happy with my unit, the camera had something wrong with it and also the speaker was faulty. Understandably I knew this wasn't a normal situation so after my terrible customer service with this company on the 24th January where they kept me on hold for 25 minutes and referred to me as his homie? He then, avoided all my questions, saying I'm just here for the life 'homie' or something! I was so shocked, I asked to be put through to the manager, he said no 'homedog' no can do. And started singing to himself while shouting to other colleagues such as 'This dude got a broken iPhone, what he gonna do bruh? I hung up immediately and rang again, this time a woman answered she hung up on me mid-sentence. Even the manger refused to speak. I then contacted Apple directly, they rang the retailer, basically saying they weren't happy! I sent an email to the retailer before contacting Apple, they made no reply and I received a call (the person who called me said, we are investigating your case however it could take up to 21 days) I should have just went into the store and got a refund, but I felt this horrific customer service had to be exposed. Anyway, the story eventually had a happy ending, Apple demanded a refund and some compensation, I then as I stated earlier a full refund + gift card. Then Apple asked if I'd be buying an iPhone 6 Plus from the retailer again, I said no way! Then kindly, they offered me a discounted iPhone 6 Plus directly from them, they kept me informed throughout the process and I received a 64GB Gold iPhone for a ?599 (usually ?699). I was jumping for joy! On top of the ?100 gift voucher for the retailer, I received ?100 off my new iPhone directly from Apple. It arrived four days later and I was so excited, it came with a leather case from Apple too. Nice touch Apple, I thought with Apple been such a big company they would have terrible customer service however, clearly not! I am now carrying my deadly weapons of choice, 6 Plus and Note 4 paired with my iPad Mini 2. Kudos Apple! I just hope that shocking man from the retailers customer service is being dealt with.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Great story, and thank you for sharing your experience with us. Now enjoy your new iPhone...;)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks a lot - I'm in love, any app recommendations?

1Password
Reeder 2
Scannable by Evernote
Evernote
Dropbox
OneNote by Microsoft
Fantastical 2
OpenVPN
FedEx
UPS
Goodreader
Skitch
Camera Plus

...to name a few...;)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
BeWeather 2 Check the thread about this.
Super Calendar (you gotta check this. There's a thread about it)
Box
SwiftKey keyboard
TapaTalk
Phonto
FrameArtist+ Pro
Superimpose
Facetune
LensFlare
Speedtest.net
Camera+ (not the same as Camera Plus)
Pulse

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5