App Store auto updates my apps even though I have that setting set to 'off'

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
When you say turned off, do you mean asleep? Apps will update while asleep if auto update is on.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
all the switches are white no green that means off or am i wrong

Sorry, I was confused by your first post, I thought you were saying it was updating apps when the PHONE was turned off...I see what you're saying now.

If your settings are all "white" in the settings screen, then yes, that should prevent apps from automatically updating...if you're doing this to prevent them from updating over your cellular service, you can also set your updates so that they only happen when you are connected to a WiFi network.

As to why your phone is doing that, I honestly have no idea. Which apps updated?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
all the switches are white no green that means off or am i wrong
If these switches are off (white), you should not get any auto updates. Apps will, however, show up in the App Store to be updated manually. If you're getting auto updates with it off, try the hard reset. Hold the top power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

mark5019

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Facebook and Instagram
And when I'm home I'm always on wifi
I saw on app button on home page 2 in red so I clicked it went to apps saw those two items the they updated without me doing anything

It's weird
But you all are great at trying to help

mark5019

May 2, 2013
Visit site
yes sir i didnt click on update
next time i get updates we will see and again thank you all for being so helpful and kind to me

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
You probably accidentally bumped the update all. The behavior you described isn't how auto-update works. You wouldn't see the red badge. They update silently in the background. If you saw the red badge, they weren't updated yet. I can only guess, but I'd assume your app store was near in placement to "update all" and that ended up causing what appeared to be an auto-update

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice