My trip to the darkside - An Apple guy lost in a Nexus

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
My Lumia has some dodginess but it works well enough. But I really prefer waiting until I get home to Skype on my laptop. I hate being heard or having people around me.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm a big Android fan. I have a Note 4 and a Note 3...and as of today, an iPhone 6+ too (had been wanting one). I will say, it takes a while getting used to the look of and the way things are done in iOS again. I'm glad I'll be enjoying both Android and iOS simultaneously.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm a big Android fan. I have a Note 4 and a Note 3...and as of today, an iPhone 6+ too (had been wanting one). I will say, it takes a while getting used to the look of and the way things are done in iOS again. I'm glad I'll be enjoying both Android and iOS simultaneously.

Man, I wish I had the funds to pull that off. I'm using a 6 Plus right now, but still miss a lot of Android - which is primarily what I've used for the better part of a year and a half. I'd love to have both depending on my mood. The new Android phones like the Note 4 and Nexus 6 really are very nice phones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I tried the nexus 6 and its my daily driver now. Great device. I really like the camera actually.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I tried the nexus 6 and its my daily driver now. Great device. I really like the camera actually.

I used one for a couple weeks before switching to the 6 Plus. I'm really not understanding the hatred for the battery or camera of the Nexus 6. I thought they were both very solid.

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I used one for a couple weeks before switching to the 6 Plus. I'm really not understanding the hatred for the battery or camera of the Nexus 6. I thought they were both very solid.

That's been my experience as well. I've heard many good things about the 6+ too. I suppose we all have our preferences. Its great to have so many good devices to choose from. That hasn't always been the case.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
That's been my experience as well. I've heard many good things about the 6+ too. I suppose we all have our preferences. Its great to have so many good devices to choose from. That hasn't always been the case.

Right. I'm an Android guy dabbling in iOS right now. It's honestly tough to pick between the 6 Plus, Note 4, and Nexus 6. They're all pretty incredible.

sdc1

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Right. I'm an Android guy dabbling in iOS right now. It's honestly tough to pick between the 6 Plus, Note 4, and Nexus 6. They're all pretty incredible.

I currently have a Nexus 6 and I'm sending it back. I've had a miserable time with battery life. Yesterday I had to charge it twice, it's bleeding battery like it's been shot.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Man, I wish I had the funds to pull that off. I'm using a 6 Plus right now, but still miss a lot of Android - which is primarily what I've used for the better part of a year and a half. I'd love to have both depending on my mood. The new Android phones like the Note 4 and Nexus 6 really are very nice phones.

It is expensive to have 3 devices but it's cheaper than some other hobbies I could have. 😊

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I currently have a Nexus 6 and I'm sending it back. I've had a miserable time with battery life. Yesterday I had to charge it twice, it's bleeding battery like it's been shot.

What are you going to use? When I had a Nexus 6 I definitely didn't have that problem. It lasted pretty much all day everyday.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
It is expensive to have 3 devices but it's cheaper than some other hobbies I could have.

Oh yeah, but Mrs. Wildo would shoot me. My hobby of swapping phones and switching every so often drives her up the wall as it is. I've really tried to stick to one platform, but it's hard for me to do!

sdc1

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
So you've joined the rebel alliance? You must unlearn what you have learned.:p

Joining at least. It'll be the end of the week before I get the iPhone but I can't wait. I need to start drinking Starbucks now and buy a hybrid car. :)

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
I've got three awesome devices this year, my iPhone 6, a Note 4, and a Lumia 1520. This is my best tech year EVER. Each of my devices is a monster in its own right.

That said, my Beloved is my iPhone 6. Can't wait until next year when I will get the iPhone 6s Plus (or whatever it will be called.) I'm not sure that I will get the Note 5 but I am fairly convinced that I will get the successor to the Lumia 1520.

I honestly think I've hit the tech combination that I enjoy the most. I'm not feeling any curiosity towards the Nexus line.

Wow do you actually use those 3 phones every day ? I use iphone for my personal phone, galaxy mini 3 for my work phone, and i change to blackberry since i need the hub and keypad, and galaxy mini was too slow, can't stand it. Also i have galnote 8 which i barely use. How can you manage to use all 3 phones at the same time ? Just my curiousity anyway ;)

Last edited:

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Joining at least. It'll be the end of the week before I get the iPhone but I can't wait. I need to start drinking Starbucks now and buy a hybrid car. :)

Just a word of advice...Don't go to Alderaan. Lord Vader is planning something.:p