Exercise and our Plus size Models.

fatfury

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Like most iPhone 6 Plus owners, I couldn't be happier with my new plus sized device. Also, like any owner of a Plus size model, we do find there are some hurdles we may encounter while gawking over our oversized beauties. Exercising happens to be one of them. Normally, when I'm on the treadmill or outdoors jogging, I pop in my ear buds, throw my iPhone in my pocket and enjoy the ability to disconnect from the world and zone out. Now that I have an iPhone 6 Plus, I feel it may be too large and in charge to just throw in my pocket without the distraction of its size slapping against my leg, or worry of it slipping out while in motion. So, with this being said, I call upon this community, who has ran into this very concern/issue, to possibly suggest any active sports holsters that are comfortable to run/exercise with using their BBD's (Big Beautiful Devices).:laughing:

-Thanks,
FatFury

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Heck, I haven't been to the gym or even gone out for a run since November, primarily due to work, but thankfully, I'm still slim and somewhat stocky. Anyway, I don't foresee any problems with the 6 Plus in my regard to exercise because I normally don't take my device to the gym with me unless it's one of those days when I'm just there to do minimal exercises. When I'm in run mode, I don't have my device or earphones/EarPods, etc., no where in my possession. I zone out and simply run however many miles I set out to run in whatever time limit I set. I can't have wires hanging off of me or even Bluetooth headsets because they distract me.

Last edited:

EricandSuebee

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Usually for any time of gym or exercise I take with me my iPod Nano and it has my music on it and that's all I need. Don't need my phone ringing or text message coming through while I'm trying to get in shape and distracting me :)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I ride my bike (weather permitting) 25-30 miles at a time and thought the 6 Plus was going to be overly large in my handle bar mount, but it's surprisingly perfect, and actually makes reading the Map my Ride app easier during the ride. I don't run much because of a bad knee, but in the gym, I've yet to have any issues with it.

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com
I put my 6+ on the machine and run, do elliptical, etc. When lifting weights, I set it on my towel under my bench and workout. No issues. I also use BT headphones, so I don't have to deal with wires tethering me to my iPhone.

fatfury

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the input guys. I've yet to make it back to the gym since getting the iPhone 6 Plus, so I guess it's just a matter of figuring it out or adjusting. I was holding there would be more options in regards to an arm band or something.

Sent from my Space Gray iPhone from a galaxy far far away using Tapatalk

codeda

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I've been using a fitness band and it fits it fine. Just depends if you don't mind having it around your waist. Been working great for me

Shoot won't let me post links. Just go on Amazon and search for fitness belt or something like that.

Good luck!

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Running at the gym on a treadmill isn't a big deal because I set it in the little cup holder. Anything else, doesn't have to be in my pocket since I use Bluetooth earbuds. I don't use it at all when running outside because it's too cumbersome.

swiftstealth

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
You've got the right idea about carrying the phone on your person, for the primary reason that if you put your iGadget in the cup holder on the treadmill, etc, then you miss out on all the awesome motion tracking and analytics afforded to you by the m8 motion coprocessor and the built-in Health app. I know that my Sprint store carries an armband by NitIze (nite ize) that comfortably fits an iP6 and other large phones while still allowing full access to the screen, buttons, headphone jack, etc . I imagine the iP6+ would work too.

runner7395

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
I run outdoors with my mine but I put it in holster and clip it the waistband. You do have to tie your shorts/sweats pretty tight to keep it from bouncing around but it works fine.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Another option, which is the one that I'm exploring currently, is to get a used iPhone 5c.

Just throwing that out there as an option....but I call dibs if you see on in the Market place!!!!:rotfl:

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Oh you're talking about the 6 Plus... I came in here hoping for a discussion on plus sized models! Mmmm Color me disappointed

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

stellarose

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
I use an SPIbelt for my runs. My 6+ fits just fine. For Zumba I leave it in my backpack nearby since I wear my Polar H7 BT HRM to monitor my workout.

soogriff

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
I'd never run with the 6+, too big for that (on my arm or waist, anyway)! Thankfully, I have a Nano or my 5c i can put in an armband and head out.

fatfury

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
You've got the right idea about carrying the phone on your person, for the primary reason that if you put your iGadget in the cup holder on the treadmill, etc, then you miss out on all the awesome motion tracking and analytics afforded to you by the m8 motion coprocessor and the built-in Health app. I know that my Sprint store carries an armband by NitIze (nite ize) that comfortably fits an iP6 and other large phones while still allowing full access to the screen, buttons, headphone jack, etc . I imagine the iP6+ would work too.

Thanks. I'll have to check this out

Sent from my Space Gray iPhone from a galaxy far far away using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2