Is it just me, or is it taking a long time for an OS update?

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Im hoping that apple does more to improve ios 8 quality soon. im noticing some slowness and unresponsiveness even on my 6 plus. I assume this is a software thing, not hardware.

Do any of your devices work well for you?
Sometimes I think people have this level of absolute perfection that they seek that's unattainable.
After having 5 iPhones, Original,3GS,4S,5S and 6 Plus only 1 had a issue. The 3GS headphone jack went out. That's the only one I had to return. I can't believe I'm that lucky with iPhones to never have a major issue with them.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes I think people have this level of absolute perfection that they seek that's unattainable.
After having 5 iPhones, Original,3GS,4S,5S and 6 Plus only 1 had a issue. The 3GS headphone jack went out. That's the only one I had to return. I can't believe I'm that lucky with iPhones to never have a major issue with them.

I agree, and to add to what you've already stated, too many people blame Apple or their devices for problems caused by themselves or by 3rd-party apps. Example: "The iPhone suck! My game crashed as soon as I was about to win"....;) #smh

sheailewis1

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site

I would expect a OS that doesn't really do much to be close to perfect. Especially if its sold at a premium price.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I would expect a OS that doesn't really do much to be close to perfect. Especially if its sold at a premium price.

"Doesn't really do much"

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you really have very little understanding of what an OS does, regardless of which one it is...and even less knowledge of what iOS does, given this extremely asinine insinuation.

Putting aside your little snide remark, iOS does run close to perfect. It's one of the biggest reasons people invest in the hardware...that and the fact that OS X follows suit in the same near flawless performance character, making for an incredible ecosystem.

But I know these words are wasted on you...because logic eludes your existence here. 12 posts in and you're taking pot shots against iOS within an Apple product-centric community...bravo kid.

anaphora68

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

Obvious troll is obvious.

What do you mean the OS doesn't do that much? You are probably looking at this from a user level, and trying to run a direct comparison to Android. You can't really do that, at least not logically.

Make your argument as to why, engage in a conversation, but don't just troll.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

I've had the same devices and I've NEVER had an issue. The only negative I ever had was the battery life on the 3GS. But hardware/software failures? None......

cbreze

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
First time iPhone owner here, having my 6+ a bit less than two months and already have been updated 3 times, so don't know what your driving at. Seems pretty frequent so far.

sheailewis1

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Wow, the people here are definitely something. I was saying it seemed like the apps make the experience. I've owned my share of iPhones and iPads to not be too bias. I love my iphone and the things that it offers, but I cant bring myself to overlook flaws blindly.

An example, the option to reply to a message from the lockscreen. 50% of the time it doesn't display a keyboard for me to use. So I end up having to tap the notification to get into the messages app. As a heavy texter, it does get annoying for me. Even though most of the people here will say they don't experience the problem, it does still exist for some.

Another issue is the sudden closing of apps in general. Ive experienced times where apps (stock and non-stock) have crashed and it usually begins 2 weeks into using the device.

The reason I mainly have this phone is for the great app support, and it looks great in the hand. Although I can come off as a troll, its not my true intention. :) So yes, a few of us could still use some updates.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Wow, the people here are definitely something. I was saying it seemed like the apps make the experience. I've owned my share of iPhones and iPads to not be too bias. I love my iphone and the things that it offers, but I cant bring myself to overlook flaws blindly.

An example, the option to reply to a message from the lockscreen. 50% of the time it doesn't display a keyboard for me to use. So I end up having to tap the notification to get into the messages app. As a heavy texter, it does get annoying for me. Even though most of the people here will say they don't experience the problem, it does still exist for some.

Another issue is the sudden closing of apps in general. Ive experienced times where apps (stock and non-stock) have crashed and it usually begins 2 weeks into using the device.

The reason I mainly have this phone is for the great app support, and it looks great in the hand. Although I can come off as a troll, its not my true intention. :) So yes, a few of us could still use some updates.

Haven"t seen any of these issues myself, but 8.1.3, has been released. may be of some help.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

So why make this comment?

I would expect a OS that doesn't really do much to be close to perfect.

If it walks like a duck...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro