Can the iPhone 6 Plus be upgraded from 1GB to 2GB of RAM similar to the way computers can be updated?

cstang08

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Can the iPhone 6 Plus be upgraded from 1GB to 2GB of RAM similar to the way computers can be updated?

Hearing 6s will likely feature 2GB of RAM. Can the 6+ be upgraded from 1GB to 2GB of RAM similar to the way computers can be updated?

anon(161369)

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
No it's a soldered on to the logic board and even if you could theoretically get a die with 2gbs on there I'm pretty sure you would run into kernel panics .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
There is no way to. Apple locks the phones down so there won't be any tinkering with the internals. The RAM is soldered to the motherboard, and I highly doubt they would ever think of adding extra RAM slots to a phone that wasn't meant to be opened up.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Hearing 6s will likely feature 2GB of RAM. Can the 6+ be upgraded from 1GB to 2GB of RAM similar to the way computers can be updated?

Nope. Phones aren't like computers, yet that is. Google has project Ara which you can upgrade. iPhones, no.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Is there a reason you're wanting to do this aside from just knowing you have 2GB of RAM?

Maybe to prevent all the apps reloading that come with 1gb of ram. Other than that, 2>1 so it is super dooper more awesome and better (that was sarcasm for those who didn't catch that) lol

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Maybe to prevent all the apps reloading that come with 1gb of ram. Other than that, 2>1 so it is super dooper more awesome and better (that was sarcasm for those who didn't catch that) lol

I don't think it has as much to do with the RAM as it does the developer not implementing the function in the api...honestly, the only app that Apple provides that I ever notice a significant reloading issue with is Safari, and that is mainly because of the way the websites are created as a container within the Safari app...and I'm not sure if it could be changed. I know that my friend has similar actions happen on his Note 4, where he'll be filling out a form and the website page will have refreshed if he goes out of the browser and back into it for whatever reason. This might just be the way these browsers are designed right now.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
nah, although phones are becoming more and more peoples personal computers, unfortunately you cant upgrade like you can one. In fact, apple has pretty much eliminated user upgrades for most of its products.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2