I switched out my iphone today due to previous bugs and stuff

Just wondering if this whitebox replacement is new or a referb ... How do i tell?

I checked the serial number and it is 2 months old ... 47th production week... I wonder if thats enough time for someone to buy it and return it....

Are there any cues i can use to figure out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01-19-2015 08:02 PM
    Even if it was one that was returned because someone changed their mind Apple will support it as a new device...
    Michaelc136 likes this.
    01-19-2015 08:24 PM
    There aren't any ways to know whether it's new or a refurb...people will tell you that you can figure it out based on the serial #, but that hasn't been true for years now. The truth is, why does it matter? The refurbs go through a ridiculous quality assurance process, and are essentially brand new phones considering what they use vs. what they replace and the processes the parts that are re-used are put through before being used.

At the end of the day, the refurb has a better inspection process than the brand new ones do anyways.
    01-19-2015 08:24 PM
    If I haven't said it once, I've said it 18,000 times: A refurbished phone is probably even better than a phone that comes new in the box with all the testing it gets.
    01-20-2015 01:28 PM
    The only company that I would trust to give me a good refurbished device is Apple. I got burned with a Motorola Sliver (remember those) and with two BlackBerry 9900 devices. However, I trust Apple because I trust their customer service.
    So even if it's a refurb Apple device, iPod, Mac, iPhone, I would feel perfectly comfortable with it.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    01-20-2015 07:30 PM

Just wondering if this whitebox replacement is new or a referb ... How do i tell?

I checked the serial number and it is 2 months old ... 47th production week... I wonder if thats enough time for someone to buy it and return it....

It doesn’t matter. If it’s new, great. If it’s a refurb, it’s as good as new - Apple goes through them, replaces anything that’s questionable and they always get new shells. And both have the same warranty.

I really don’t understand all the hand-wringing consternation about this. SMH
    Michaelc136 likes this.
    01-20-2015 08:54 PM
    Apple is the only company I will buy refurbished products from, I know they take good care of them and they are essentially new products with a great price!
    Last edited by EricandSuebee; 01-21-2015 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake
    Michaelc136 likes this.
    01-20-2015 08:56 PM
    My white box replacement today was brand new. My month old 6 plus just decided it didn't want to power on anymore!
    01-20-2015 09:03 PM
    If I haven't said it once, I've said it 18,000 times: A refurbished phone is probably even better than a phone that comes new in the box with all the testing it gets.
    Say it one more time for the people in the back!!!!! :P
    01-21-2015 02:57 PM

Most likely a refurb, which doesn't really matter since you are still going to get the year warranty on the device.
    01-21-2015 04:16 PM
    Refurbs are just as nice!!
    01-21-2015 04:21 PM