We've been over this before, but I figured I'd reopen it with some new details.

So I had an iPhone 5S and I had this problem. Even the latest software for the 5S didn't fix it.so now I have the 6+, which I restored from backup, and the problem persists.One consistent fact is that when the phone is locked, and I can't get the control center when I swipe up, if I quickly swipe to the right to bring up the passcode screen, and then swipe back to the left to get rid of the passcode screen, if I swipe up at that point I get the control center. Without fail, this works.

So it got me thinking, maybe the problem only presents when the passcode lock is enabled in settings. Or when autolock is enabled? I don't know.I could turn these options off and see what that does, but before I did I figured I'd run this by everybody and see if there's any new information on this out there.
    01-15-2015 03:44 AM
    I experience this issue about 1 in 50 attempts...I simply press the sleep/power button and it always gives me access to the control center immediately afterwards. I have tried it with passcode/touch lock off and it makes no difference, I still had periodic issues with it (how often I have no idea, as I only tried it for like one afternoon and only had it happen once). I honestly think it's just a bug of some sort...and the reason I think this is when the control center won't pull up, notification center WILL pull up...which would tell me that the passcode lock really isn't relevant, otherwise why wouldn't BOTH be disabled?
    01-15-2015 12:44 PM
    Well it sounds like one hell of a bug if it persists over many software and phone revisions. And I think it deserves a deafening W - T - F !?
    01-15-2015 02:29 PM
    I don't even try remedies. It seems to not come up for me when I really need it. It is a bug that has been there since the betas and we'll see if it finally gets its fix.
    01-15-2015 03:32 PM
    Well it sounds like one hell of a bug if it persists over many software and phone revisions. And I think it deserves a deafening W - T - F !?
    I guess it just depends on what you consider a serious bug...truth be told, as non-invasive as this issue really is, especially since it's remedied so easily, I think you're over reacting, but hey, we all have different levels of satisfaction. I don't really find it to be annoying at all since it so rarely happens.
    01-15-2015 03:36 PM
    I guess it just depends on what you consider a serious bug...truth be told, as non-invasive as this issue really is, especially since it's remedied so easily, I think you're over reacting, but hey, we all have different levels of satisfaction. I don't really find it to be annoying at all since it so rarely happens.
    Yeah. I find it annoying when it happens and have forgotten about it 5 minutes later. It's definitely a bug but a minor one IMO.
    01-15-2015 05:01 PM
    that does plague me here and there. seems more on the 6+ than any other previous device. i also hate when a call is incoming and the swipe to answer won't swipe to answer... so i have to let the call go to vm and call back.
    01-15-2015 06:18 PM
    Boy...... Seems to be a hell of a lot of 'over reacting' (sic) going on here with all these posts about this non issue...
    01-15-2015 10:44 PM
    This also happens to me, it's a bug. Another is often when taking a photo the first one snapped has no shutter release sound.
    decypher44 likes this.
    01-15-2015 10:52 PM
    This also happens to me, it's a bug. Another is often when taking a photo the first one snapped has no shutter release sound.
    Yup! Me too!!
    01-16-2015 12:43 AM
    It's a bug, and it's annoying!!!
    01-16-2015 09:41 PM
    I also have this same bug happen quite often for me. Much more than 1 in 50 times. The shutter sound bug also occurs for me. Have you submitted a report to Apple?
    01-17-2015 07:42 AM
    Boy...... Seems to be a hell of a lot of 'over reacting' (sic) going on here with all these posts about this non issue...
    My comment was in reference to a singular post freaking out about it calling it a major problem essentially suggesting that people shout to the heavens about it. Truth is, while annoying when it happens...it's not a consistent thing, and it's easily remedied with a half seconds effort.

Is it an issue? Absolutely. Nobody claimed otherwise. But it's not worth freaking out over, unless you are one prone to over reacting.
    01-17-2015 01:29 PM
    My comment was in reference to a singular post freaking out about it calling it a major problem essentially suggesting that people shout to the heavens about it. Truth is, while annoying when it happens...it's not a consistent thing, and it's easily remedied with a half seconds effort.

Is it an issue? Absolutely. Nobody claimed otherwise. But it's not worth freaking out over, unless you are one prone to over reacting.
    1) if your comment was in reference to someone else's freak-out post, you should've quoted THAT post - not mine.
    2) apparently the problem is variable in frequency among those in this thread. For the record, I'm at the right side of the bell curve - it virtually never DOESN'T happen. And if I didn't often need the CC, even a near constant issue wouldn't be bad. But in my case, at every free moment I have, driving or around the house or while out and about, I listen to educational podcasts and academic related audio. And I constantly use the jump-back 15sec feature, which depending on what app I'm using, doesn't just appear (along with play/pause/jump-forward) by pressing the home button once; which means swiping up for the CC so I can access those controls.

Long story short: mine is the worse case scenario; the issue is virtually constant, while I'm in constant need of the CC. So you can imagine it's not exactly an unobtrusive issue for me. And ****! Minor or not....fix the damn thing already!! Wtf, apple!? You can practically land a vehicle on a comet with these incredible devices, but they can't fix this bug??

Seriously, if you bought a new Mercedes and 9 out of 10 times the car wouldn't start unless you first swiped your hand across the dashboard, while it would only take an instant to complete the rote simple task, wouldn't you want it fixed on principle alone?

Well if not.... then GOD bless you for your monk like patience.
    01-17-2015 02:47 PM
    Seriously, if you bought a new Mercedes and 9 out of 10 times the car wouldn't start unless you first swiped your hand across the dashboard, while it would only take an instant to complete the rote simple task, wouldn't you want it fixed on principle alone?
    Not being able to access Control Center at the lock screen is in no way comparable to not being able to start your Mercedes. If the bug stopped you from unlocking your phone, then that would be a fine point you would have made. This bug isn't that much of a deal, as he stated. Simply that.
    01-18-2015 02:20 AM
    Before anyone asks and wonders, 8.1.3 still has this sporadic issue. Luckily the swipe to the passcode screen and back trick still works.
    01-27-2015 02:59 PM
    I haven't had any issues with Control Center from lock screen.
    01-27-2015 03:22 PM
    I haven't had any issues with Control Center from lock screen.
    I experienced it with the previous iOS version, but it only happened a few times, and I can't even tell you when it happened last. Basically, it was a non-issue for "me".
    01-27-2015 04:32 PM
    Same here with me. No real issue.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    01-27-2015 04:33 PM
    Happens on a very consistent basis since I got the 6+, I got over it, hope it gets fixed but I don't let it bother me anymore.

Sent from my Apple iPad Air using Tapatalk
    01-27-2015 06:25 PM
    I just downloaded the update and it hasn't happened since. Going to report back later if it comes back but it may actually be gone.

Sent from my 128gb iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk via Sprint Spark
    01-27-2015 06:54 PM
    I just downloaded the update and it hasn't happened since. Going to report back later if it comes back but it may actually be gone.

I've already tested it and it happened twice in about 10 tries for me.
    01-27-2015 06:56 PM
    I've already tested it and it happened twice in about 10 tries for me.
    That sucks, hope it keeps working for me, wouldn't surprise me if the issue never goes away tho.

01-27-2015 07:00 PM
    ....wouldn't surprise me if the issue never goes away tho.
    I don't think it ever will. It was present since I was running the iOS 8 betas lol
    01-27-2015 07:08 PM
    I don't know why, and it really doesn't make a lot of sense to me...but lately, it's been happening A LOT. Like 1 in 5 times it will do it, and sometimes when it does it, it won't remedy by simply pressing the power/sleep button, and I'll have to do it a couple of times to get it to respond (or open the phone to do it). Weird, considering I haven't upgraded firmware yet, and just a couple of weeks ago it wasn't as common an occurrence.
    01-27-2015 10:50 PM
45 12