Reprise: no control center from lock

tikchowdhurry

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
We've been over this before, but I figured I'd reopen it with some new details.

So I had an iPhone 5S and I had this problem. Even the latest software for the 5S didn't fix it.so now I have the 6+, which I restored from backup, and the problem persists.One consistent fact is that when the phone is locked, and I can't get the control center when I swipe up, if I quickly swipe to the right to bring up the passcode screen, and then swipe back to the left to get rid of the passcode screen, if I swipe up at that point I get the control center. Without fail, this works.

So it got me thinking, maybe the problem only presents when the passcode lock is enabled in settings. Or when autolock is enabled? I don't know.I could turn these options off and see what that does, but before I did I figured I'd run this by everybody and see if there's any new information on this out there.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I experience this issue about 1 in 50 attempts...I simply press the sleep/power button and it always gives me access to the control center immediately afterwards. I have tried it with passcode/touch lock off and it makes no difference, I still had periodic issues with it (how often I have no idea, as I only tried it for like one afternoon and only had it happen once). I honestly think it's just a bug of some sort...and the reason I think this is when the control center won't pull up, notification center WILL pull up...which would tell me that the passcode lock really isn't relevant, otherwise why wouldn't BOTH be disabled?

tikchowdhurry

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Well it sounds like one hell of a bug if it persists over many software and phone revisions. And I think it deserves a deafening W - T - F !?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I don't even try remedies. It seems to not come up for me when I really need it. It is a bug that has been there since the betas and we'll see if it finally gets its fix.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Well it sounds like one hell of a bug if it persists over many software and phone revisions. And I think it deserves a deafening W - T - F !?

I guess it just depends on what you consider a serious bug...truth be told, as non-invasive as this issue really is, especially since it's remedied so easily, I think you're over reacting, but hey, we all have different levels of satisfaction. I don't really find it to be annoying at all since it so rarely happens.

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com
that does plague me here and there. seems more on the 6+ than any other previous device. i also hate when a call is incoming and the swipe to answer won't swipe to answer... so i have to let the call go to vm and call back.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
This also happens to me, it's a bug. Another is often when taking a photo the first one snapped has no shutter release sound.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I also have this same bug happen quite often for me. Much more than 1 in 50 times. The shutter sound bug also occurs for me. Have you submitted a report to Apple?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Boy...... Seems to be a hell of a lot of 'over reacting' (sic) going on here with all these posts about this non issue...

My comment was in reference to a singular post freaking out about it calling it a major problem essentially suggesting that people shout to the heavens about it. Truth is, while annoying when it happens...it's not a consistent thing, and it's easily remedied with a half seconds effort.

Is it an issue? Absolutely. Nobody claimed otherwise. But it's not worth freaking out over, unless you are one prone to over reacting.

tikchowdhurry

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
My comment was in reference to a singular post freaking out about it calling it a major problem essentially suggesting that people shout to the heavens about it. Truth is, while annoying when it happens...it's not a consistent thing, and it's easily remedied with a half seconds effort.

Is it an issue? Absolutely. Nobody claimed otherwise. But it's not worth freaking out over, unless you are one prone to over reacting.

1) if your comment was in reference to someone else's freak-out post, you should've quoted THAT post - not mine.
2) apparently the problem is variable in frequency among those in this thread. For the record, I'm at the right side of the bell curve - it virtually never DOESN'T happen. And if I didn't often need the CC, even a near constant issue wouldn't be bad. But in my case, at every free moment I have, driving or around the house or while out and about, I listen to educational podcasts and academic related audio. And I constantly use the jump-back 15sec feature, which depending on what app I'm using, doesn't just appear (along with play/pause/jump-forward) by pressing the home button once; which means swiping up for the CC so I can access those controls.

Long story short: mine is the worse case scenario; the issue is virtually constant, while I'm in constant need of the CC. So you can imagine it's not exactly an unobtrusive issue for me. And ****! Minor or not....fix the damn thing already!! Wtf, apple!? You can practically land a vehicle on a comet with these incredible devices, but they can't fix this bug??

Seriously, if you bought a new Mercedes and 9 out of 10 times the car wouldn't start unless you first swiped your hand across the dashboard, while it would only take an instant to complete the rote simple task, wouldn't you want it fixed on principle alone?

Well if not.... then GOD bless you for your monk like patience.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Seriously, if you bought a new Mercedes and 9 out of 10 times the car wouldn't start unless you first swiped your hand across the dashboard, while it would only take an instant to complete the rote simple task, wouldn't you want it fixed on principle alone?

Not being able to access Control Center at the lock screen is in no way comparable to not being able to start your Mercedes. If the bug stopped you from unlocking your phone, then that would be a fine point you would have made. This bug isn't that much of a deal, as he stated. Simply that.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had any issues with Control Center from lock screen.

I experienced it with the previous iOS version, but it only happened a few times, and I can't even tell you when it happened last. Basically, it was a non-issue for "me".

TheFirm

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Happens on a very consistent basis since I got the 6+, I got over it, hope it gets fixed but I don't let it bother me anymore.

Sent from my Apple iPad Air using Tapatalk

TheFirm

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I just downloaded the update and it hasn't happened since. Going to report back later if it comes back but it may actually be gone.

Sent from my 128gb iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk via Sprint Spark