What are the Battery Usage Statistics for an iPhone?

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Battery Usage Statistics Question

I checked my battery usage stats and noticed that the "Usage" section says that I have used it 7 hours, 10 minutes since the last full charge (almost four days ago). I thought that this usage section showed the screen-on time. I have not used the phone nearly that much in the last four days; I would be surprised if I had two hours of screen-on time in that period.

What does the usage section actually show? Is there a setting that I need to check if I want it to only give me screen-on time in that section?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Re: Battery Usage Statistics Question

What are the stats for what mostly uses the battery? To tell you the truth I don't find the battery usage monitor in the settings to be all that accurate.

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site

It does show one game as the largest (31%) battery user with two background activities as second and third (25% and 13%). I guess the fact that it includes background activities shows that this isn't giving me only screen-on time.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Usage time considers a lot of things we normally consider passive, including messages, emails and notifications that we are shown on the lock screen, notification center updates and, if you have it turned on, background updates.

I think the "on screen" time is more a reflection of active use time (whether you're directly using the phone, or the phone is performing an activity for you or showing you something...even if you don't act upon it).

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site

Usage time considers a lot of things we normally consider passive, including messages, emails and notifications that we are shown on the lock screen, notification center updates and, if you have it turned on, background updates.

I think the "on screen" time is more a reflection of active use time (whether you're directly using the phone, or the phone is performing an activity for you or showing you something...even if you don't act upon it).

Where can I find the screen-on time? I don't notice a usage category called "display" or something similar.

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site

It's basically the "Home & Lock Screen" stat.

Thanks. I thought that that had to do more with notifications. That 11% stat puts me at around 48 minutes of screen-on time which sounds more inline with my actual usage.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73