So I'm pretty much set on getting a 64 gb iPhone 6 plus. However, thee are some questions/concerns I have:

1. Have you found the phone to be a hassle to use and carry when out and about?

2. I also heard mixed views on apples scaling method. I heard that the 3X scaler has issues with text shimmer and that it does throttle the GPU more, causing dropped frames in games and animations. As someone who plays games on his phone, this concerns me. Has anyone noticed these things? Are they worth worrying about?

3. I also worry about the bending thing. I know it's up for debate wether this is a real cause for concern, but as someone who's jeans have gotten more snug due to gaining weight, I'm concerned this add pressure to the device in my pocket as I sit or move around. Although I do plan to use a case with the phone. But that would also add bulk to it. I also never put it in my back pocket. Is this really a concern? I guess I could just take the phone out of my pocket when I sit.

Anyway, I'm still a bit back and forth, but I think the plus feels like more of a upgrade from my 5S and since I watch video and game on the phone a lot, I think I'd appreciate the big screen.

Thanks
    01-12-2015 07:16 PM
    Re #3... As you said...Don't sit with the phone in a pants pocket and you'll be fine...
    princessiphone likes this.
    01-12-2015 07:26 PM
    01-12-2015 07:27 PM
    So I'm pretty much set on getting a 64 gb iPhone 6 plus. However, thee are some questions/concerns I have:

1. Have you found the phone to be a hassle to use and carry when out and about?

Yes.

2. I also heard mixed views on apples scaling method. I heard that the 3X scaler has issues with text shimmer and that it does throttle the GPU more, causing dropped frames in games and animations. As someone who plays games on his phone, this concerns me. Has anyone noticed these things? Are they worth worrying about?

Yeah, the scaling takes its toll.

3. I also worry about the bending thing. I know it's up for debate wether this is a real cause for concern, but as someone who's jeans have gotten more snug due to gaining weight, I'm concerned this add pressure to the device in my pocket as I sit or move around. Although I do plan to use a case with the phone. But that would also add bulk to it. I also never put it in my back pocket. Is this really a concern? I guess I could just take the phone out of my pocket when I sit.

It will most likely bend in your pocket.

Anyway, I'm still a bit back and forth, but I think the plus feels like more of a upgrade from my 5S and since I watch video and game on the phone a lot, I think I'd appreciate the big screen.

Thanks
    Answers in bold.
    01-12-2015 07:28 PM
    Answers in bold.
    Why would it bend in my pocket? Why is it a hassle? And what kind of toll does the scaling take?
    01-12-2015 07:54 PM
    Gotta admit, I laughed.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    01-12-2015 07:54 PM
    Gotta admit, I laughed.
    So did I, when I saw the post.
    01-12-2015 07:57 PM
    So I'm guessing this site might be the iPhone version of XDA-Developers ......
    01-12-2015 07:58 PM
    Why would it bend in my pocket? Why is it a hassle? And what kind of toll does the scaling take?
    Because it's too big for a pocket.

It's a hassle to carry around because it's too big.

3X scaling throttles the GPU.
    01-12-2015 08:02 PM
    1. No hassle to carry for me or course being bigger than a 5S there's a adjustment.

2. The only game I play with good graphics is Real Racing 3 and it looks great performs great imho. I don't know where this games falls in taxing a GPU.

3. I don't worry about it bending. It feels pretty sturdy to me. It feels like it would take a good amount of pressure to bend it and how the pressure is applied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01-12-2015 08:03 PM
    So I'm guessing this site might be the iPhone version of XDA-Developers ......
    What do you mean?

01-12-2015 08:06 PM
    Because it's too big for a pocket.

It's a hassle to carry around because it's too big.

3X scaling throttles the GPU.
    Which do you own? The plus? Would you still get it today?
    01-12-2015 08:07 PM
    Which do you own? The plus? Would you still get it today?
    I own a 5S, 6 and 6 Plus. I just live with the 6 Plus and its problems.
    01-12-2015 08:09 PM
    1. I adjusted to be size quickly
    2. I use my iPad for games mainly. But I haven't noticed any issues on the phone.
    3. Don't sit on it.
    01-12-2015 08:24 PM
    What do you mean?

I was a Android developer (kinda) also toyed with Windows Mobile when that was a thing and lately XDA has not been the forum that it once was. It seems that if someone has a legitimate question there they are answered with "trolling", and snarky answers.

Now I may have been premature with my post here and if I am I apologize.
    Putte Kindh likes this.
    01-12-2015 09:01 PM
    I was a Android developer (kinda) also toyed with Windows Mobile when that was a thing and lately XDA has not been the forum that it once was. It seems that if someone has a legitimate question there they are answered with "trolling", and snarky answers.

We have a jailbreak forum which isn't what it once used to be. Now that iMore gets invited to Apple Events they try to stay in the good graces of Apple and don't blog about jailbreaking (at all) like they used to.
    01-12-2015 09:05 PM

No apology necessary. It's all good. The OP has a history of being indecisive on tech purchases. :-)

01-12-2015 09:10 PM
    1. I adjusted to be size quickly
    2. I use my iPad for games mainly. But I haven't noticed any issues on the phone.
    3. Don't sit on it.
    I think it was on the ATP podcast where John Siracusa was lamenting the 3X scaling. But I'm just not sure if it would effect me or If id see it.

Obviously id prefer no slowdown or not to have a compromised experience, but I also want the 1080p screen, battery life, and a big screen
    01-12-2015 09:13 PM

It's ok, you're just unfamiliar with the OP's history of flopping around like a fish...hence the picture.
    anon(153966) likes this.
    01-12-2015 09:22 PM
    No apology necessary. It's all good. The OP has a history of being indecisive on tech purchases. :-)

I know I am. But still, I do have the right to ask without users like Sean trolling.
    01-12-2015 09:28 PM
    So I'm pretty much set on getting a 64 gb iPhone 6 plus

Until next week....

grover5 likes this.
    01-12-2015 09:29 PM
    I know I am. But still, I do have the right to ask without users like Sean trolling.
    Yes, you do have every right, but you also have to be the most indecisive person on the planet. Honest question, do you have trouble picking out pants in the morning?

01-12-2015 09:32 PM
    Just pull the trigger and buy the i6+. The 'bendgate' problem is solved with a case...
    01-12-2015 09:44 PM
    1. Not at all.
    2. I have no experience with what you are asking about here, so I don't have an answer
    3. You could bend (or otherwise damage) your phone like you could damage your car and/or home. Just take sufficient care not to abuse the phone and you should be fine.

People use phones in too many different ways for random people on the Internet to give you a valid opinion on whether or not a device will work for you. If you are interested in a phone, buy it and use the buyer's remorse period to see if the phone is for you. If it is, that's good. If it isn't, just return it. Just because I have an easy time using my iPhone 6 Plus doesn't mean that you will and vice versa.
    01-12-2015 09:57 PM
    I have the 6+… and I clearly posted out of boredom, relax.
    01-12-2015 10:04 PM
197 123 ...