Pretty much sold on the 6 plus, but..

Status
Not open for further replies.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Read this post, you may have gotten one with the troublesome Nand.

http://forums.imore.com/iphone-6/312065-mlc-tlc-nand.html

I would have to jailbreak to even find that out, wouldn't I?

The thing is I don't know if this touch responsiveness issue is hardware or software related. Hardware related, I would need to go to the Apple Store and get it replaced. If it's software, then the only thing I can do is hope they fix it in a firmware update. I don't even know if the genius bar can confirm the issue or not to do anything.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I would have to jailbreak to even find that out, wouldn't I?

The thing is I don't know if this touch responsiveness issue is hardware or software related. Hardware related, I would need to go to the Apple Store and get it replaced. If it's software, then the only thing I can do is hope they fix it in a firmware update. I don't even know if the genius bar can confirm the issue or not to do anything.

No, I did the test on my non-jail broken iPhone 6

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I think I'll try another restore and see if that does it. It's annoying setting up the phone again though. I'll keep the appointment in the mean time though. I'm afraid they won't find anything though.

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
You are in your 14 day return window? I would return it, get refund and buy another. I wouldn't even bother going down the Apple store genius route. Back it up and ditch it. I have had a 6 plus and now a 6 since release and have never had those problems, they are 16Gb though.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
You are in your 14 day return window? I would return it, get refund and buy another. I wouldn't even bother going down the Apple store genius route. Back it up and ditch it. I have had a 6 plus and now a 6 since release and have never had those problems, they are 16Gb though.

Pretty sure I'd still have to pay ATT a restocking fee if I did that.

brookeyydo0o

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
i couldn't agree more. we use these as advice.. not for people to say comments if you don't care to help out the user curious about finding out and making sure what device they want ..... THEN don't be jerk and post stuff about looking at other threads

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
i couldn't agree more. we use these as advice.. not for people to say comments if you don't care to help out the user curious about finding out and making sure what device they want ..... THEN don't be jerk and post stuff about looking at other threads

Exactly, really I don't know why I don't just report those posts. Seriously, in what way do I care if I made similar threads about this and in what way does it continue ad better the conversation? All there doing is trolling.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Pretty sure I'd still have to pay ATT a restocking fee if I did that.

The thing I find funniest out of all of this is that you actually bought the phone through the carrier knowing they charge a re-stocking fee instead of just buying the phone from Apple when you know you have a history of returning things.

I actually think that your restored phone as new is working just fine and this touch responsiveness is all in your head because you seem to look for anything wrong with what you currently own. I really hope when you get older you don't have this much trouble buying cars.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

You haven't been here or on Android Central long enough to make a judgement call on this particular member. You could have just gave him all these phones as a gift and he'll still find something wrong with each and every one of them.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site

The thing I find funniest out of all of this is that you actually bought the phone through the carrier knowing they charge a re-stocking fee instead of just buying the phone from Apple when you know you have a history of returning things.

I actually think that your restored phone as new is working just fine and this touch responsiveness is all in your head because you seem to look for anything wrong with what you currently own. I really hope when you get older you don't have this much trouble buying cars.

The reason I went through ATT is that, due to upgrade complications, I couldn't go through Apple. It was way easier going through ATT. Also, please don't act like you know me or my situation please.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site

I'm not acting.

But you don't know me and wether I am making stuff up or not. So I'm kinda tired of people pretending to know wether or not im making stuff up and basically trolling me and making fun of me whenever I post something. I doubt that acceptable per the agreement to post in these forums.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site

I'm not acting.

And another thing, I know that I have OCD ok, so you don't need to remind me that it's hard to tell what's a real issue and what's in my head. So unless you know what that is like, then please stop talking.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site

That's weird. It worked just about a month ago when I tried it.

I always thought we couldn't download apps outside the App Store unless we are jail broken?

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I think I'll try another restore and see if that does it. It's annoying setting up the phone again though. I'll keep the appointment in the mean time though. I'm afraid they won't find anything though.

Don't do the restore through iTunes. If you have been.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site

Don't do the restore through iTunes. If you have been.

Nah, I've been doing it from device. Setting up as new device.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Keep in mind if you swap it out at Apple you'll get a refurb. Most likely it'll have problems as well but you'll have to search for them. Some aren't as obvious so you should probably search for every known issue just to see if it applies to your new..well...refurb iphone.

If I were you, I'd go to that AT&T store because they understand you and your complications. Sure, you'll have to pay another activation fee and restock fee, but that's the price of being you.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I always thought we couldn't download apps outside the App Store unless we are jail broken?

You can. How it works is a provisioning profile is set up on your device allowing an application to run without it technically being on the App Store.

Developers use it all the time to beta test apps before a release on the App Store, and sometimes a developer will create an emulator and use a provisioning profile to distribute it to other devices without using the App Store. Same concept applies here as far as I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox