Pretty much sold on the 6 plus, but..

Status
Not open for further replies.

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
You are talking about a phone that is like 9 months away. Why keep waiting for the next one. Enjoy what's out now. Tech is never ending. That's the way it is. Every phone gets upgraded each year. Nothing new here.

I took August's post as sarcasm.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I also notice that there's some random times when I hit the power button the screen won't turn on. It takes another click. Also, sometimes when I hit a app icon or something it won't register the input. Again, these are random and not constant so it's hard to tell if it's a legit issue. I notice sometime pressing the home button on my old 5S wouldn't turn the screen on either.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I also notice that there's some random times when I hit the power button the screen won't turn on. It takes another click. Also, sometimes when I hit a app icon or something it won't register the input. Again, these are random and not constant so it's hard to tell if it's a legit issue. I notice sometime pressing the home button on my old 5S wouldn't turn the screen on either.

Try a restore as new see if that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Why am I not surprised that RavenSword would "get" an iPhone 6 Plus, and then start listing off every complaint people have come to iMore to discuss, whether extremely common or random and completely isolated?

I mean why wouldn't he be one of the most unlucky iPhone owners in history that experiences all of these issues on one unfortunate device...?

Hmmmm...

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Why am I not surprised that RavenSword would "get" an iPhone 6 Plus, and then start listing off every complaint people have come to iMore to discuss, whether extremely common or random and completely isolated?

I mean why wouldn't he be one of the most unlucky iPhone owners in history that experiences all of these issues on one unfortunate device...?

Hmmmm...

Ha ha, well we're they known issues? If so, why would it be weird to have those complaints?

Anyway, after the restore it seems to be running good. Maybe it's placebo. I don't know.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I actually just got the iPhone 6 plus. Part of the reason was with Apple I know only one phone is coming out a year. I've had the m8, g2, g3, note 3, droid max, droid turbo, and note 4 for the last two months. The g3 and note 4 are great. With Android I always have to have the next best and that's like 8 times a year. I just can't deal with it anymore and trying hard to enjoy the iPhone. So far so good and enjoying it.

hatchettjack

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
I actually just got the iPhone 6 plus. Part of the reason was with Apple I know only one phone is coming out a year. I've had the m8, g2, g3, note 3, droid max, droid turbo, and note 4 for the last two months. The g3 and note 4 are great. With Android I always have to have the next best and that's like 8 times a year. I just can't deal with it anymore and trying hard to enjoy the iPhone. So far so good and enjoying it.

I agree! There is just too much **** going on with android! I mean you get a new phone and bam a different phone gets a newer os with all kinds of improvement ! The iPhone has really helped with my ocd!

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I agree! There is just too much **** going on with android! I mean you get a new phone and bam a different phone gets a newer os with all kinds of improvement ! The iPhone has really helped with my ocd!

I think for me, sometimes I feel uncomfortable not know what to expect from Android. For example, if you like Nexus devices, you really have no idea what kind of phone you will have the opportunity to buy the next year. You don't know who the manufacturer is going to be. If the phone is going to be sold through all carriers or if it just will be unlocked on Google Play. And you don't know what to expect on price either. Then there are always rumors that the Nexus line will be discontinued. I really think that Google needs to clean up their Nexus offering a little. Then you have the multitude of other Android devices that deliver an inconsistent experience. It's a crap shoot as to when they will be updated and how that update will look with that manufacturer's skin. Most I would say offer a great experience. But still inconsistent. If you go from Samsung to HTC, there is a huge difference in the way the device looks and the user experience. I think that's what bothers me the most.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I think for me, sometimes I feel uncomfortable not know what to expect from Android. For example, if you like Nexus devices, you really have no idea what kind of phone you will have the opportunity to buy the next year. You don't know who the manufacturer is going to be. If the phone is going to be sold through all carriers or if it just will be unlocked on Google Play. And you don't know what to expect on price either. Then there are always rumors that the Nexus line will be discontinued. I really think that Google needs to clean up their Nexus offering a little. Then you have the multitude of other Android devices that deliver an inconsistent experience. It's a crap shoot as to when they will be updated and how that update will look with that manufacturer's skin. Most I would say offer a great experience. But still inconsistent. If you go from Samsung to HTC, there is a huge difference in the way the device looks and the user experience. I think that's what bothers me the most.

That's Fragmentation.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
These are all the exact reasons I decided to leave Android. My OCD was starting to cost me too much money. I always wanted the new thing which was seriously like every 3 months. Plus you never know exactly what you're going to get. Or what your carrier is going to change about the phone. Or if you'll even get timely updates. With iOS, none of these are issues. Plus you get a great, reliable user experience.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
So, since the restore I think things are mostly going smoother. I'm still getting unresponsive app presses, Safari because my the one acting up. Like, I'll hit the icon and nothing will happen. I also still occasionally get app freezes where I have to press the power button to unstick it. I assume these are all just software bug that will get fixed. Hopefully it's not hardware related. Everything else seems ok, I'll keep tabs on if.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I've been on my 6 Plus for about 18 hours. It's definitely taking some getting used to (haven't been on iOS since last summer, pre-iOS 8). But I like it so far. It's just a nice, unified experience. And after using the Nexus 6, the 6 Plus seems almost small. That phone was so fat and so wide and it had absolutely ZERO reasons to be so big and wide. The battery is absolutely insane on this phone, too. Once I get it completely set up over the next few days and learn some of the intricacies of iOS 8, I think I'll love it even more.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
So I actualy scheduled a Genius Bar appointment for thrusday. Honestly, these touch responsiveness issues are pretty annoying. It happening on the keyboard, the home screen, tapping apps, and etc.) I don't know if I can easily recreate it though, but maybe they're diagnostics could tell something.

Other than that I have no complaints with the phone. I just wish it would register my touches better

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
So I actualy scheduled a Genius Bar appointment for thrusday. Honestly, these touch responsiveness issues are pretty annoying. It happening on the keyboard, the home screen, tapping apps, and etc.) I don't know if I can easily recreate it though, but maybe they're diagnostics could tell something.

Other than that I have no complaints with the phone. I just wish it would register my touches better

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/iphone-6-problems/6/

So a complete factory reset didn't help?

ultravisitor

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
On a serious note, AC would eat them alive. All that indecisiveness would absolutely infuriate some of the die hard Androidians. Some of the XDA veterans who linger on AC, they'd be like Sean x1000.

Oh please. You don't even know. He's been posting about his indecisiveness at AC since at least last May.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods