Pretty much sold on the 6 plus, but..

Status
Not open for further replies.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
"More time to think"...lol

I don't see the problem with that, though. I can't even get anything until that refund goes through so why not just think on it a bit more. Again, I can find reasons in favor of both the note and 6 plus. Although I'm leaning towards the 6 plus still.

Of course, maybe I'm overanalyzing.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
But having said that I do really like a lot of what the note 4 does. Again, there's that screen and removable battery. Plus, I still think I'd like to go with a android phone for a year. Been using iOS for so long it could be a nice change of pace. I'm trying to lessen my reliance on Apple also and go with different hardware makers and ecosystems. And just pick the right tool for the job regardless of OS or maker

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
On a serious note, AC would eat them alive. All that indecisiveness would absolutely infuriate some of the die hard Androidians. Some of the XDA veterans who linger on AC, they'd be like Sean x1000.

That's pretty cool Androidians.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I think that all the different mobile nations areas have fanatics. I just remember the extremity of Android fans.

I'm curious, who do you think is the most extreme out of the OS wars right now?

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I think that all the different mobile nations areas have fanatics. I just remember the extremity of Android fans.

I'm curious, who do you think is the most extreme out of the OS wars right now?

When I had a HTC EVO 3D back in 2011 I was on AC. The EVO fell apart and I went back to iPhone and got a 4S. I announced it on AC that I was leaving and got BBQ'd big time lol. "Take your iPhone and shove it" lol.

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
When I had a HTC EVO 3D back in 2011 I was on AC. The EVO fell apart and I went back to iPhone and got a 4S. I announced it on AC that I was leaving and got BBQ'd big time lol. "Take your iPhone and shove it" lol.

I've seen similar reactions on this site and crackberry. It seems to happen on all the sites. Webos nations is friendly enough though. I've never been on the windows forum.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Man Raven, I remember when I was using Android devices a few months ago you were trying to decide on a phone and you still haven't made up your mind. LOL Crowd sourced affirmation is a dangerous drug man! Don't let it get the best of you! :D

Trust me, I know as I've switched between platforms quite a few times and I've made threads about being done switching only to switch again. Just use what you like, opinions of others who won't be using the device be damned! :yes:

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I feel like regardless of what you choose you are going to come back a few months (or weeks later) and be like I am thinking about getting x device. With so many choices, and the variety of OS's out there, along with your seeming decisiveness, I just feel like you will never truly be happy with 1 device.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
639454577d11037975cb7b3d07fe7142.jpg

DX9

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
But having said that I do really like a lot of what the note 4 does. Again, there's that screen and removable battery. Plus, I still think I'd like to go with a android phone for a year. Been using iOS for so long it could be a nice change of pace. I'm trying to lessen my reliance on Apple also and go with different hardware makers and ecosystems. And just pick the right tool for the job regardless of OS or maker

Sometimes change is nice. I've been back and forth between OS's far too much and sometimes it has been costly. I don't regret it one bit getting rid of my Note 4 and getting the 6 Plus last week. There were a lot of great things I liked about the Note and many things I disliked. The dislikes started to get bigger so I needed to make the switch.

Having iMessage back is great. Getting nice clear pics and videos from friends and family is great again. Obviously like many people here and on Android central many people they know have iPhones. More then 80% of people I message have iPhones. So it makes sense.

Things my 6 Plus does so much better then the Note 4 for me are:
1) Lockscreen notifications are no contest. Being able to simply reply to texts, emails and even delete emails from the Lockscreen with the Touch ID is simply perfect.
2) Finger Print scanner sucks on the Note. Setting up was fine and detected my finger each time but when using it, it probably worked 25% of the time. It was frustrating.
3) Amazing battery life. Just love the amount of usage I can get on a single charge.
4) Google Music and Chromecast. Yes I don't understand how my iPhone never has a single problem or hiccup casting to Chromecast. The amount of disconnects and pulling my hair out with the Note just drove me insane. Skipping songs is instant and everything runs perfect with the 6 Plus.
5) Note 4 speaker is not good at all and even watching videos and listening to music I needed to put my hand over the speaker to deflect the sound making it louder. Never liked speakers being placed on the back of a phone. iPhone speaker location and sound is perfect.
6) Battery Life is simply amazing on the 6 Plus. Did I mention that already? :)
7) Camera. Definitely like the speed and the quality of the iPhone. Too many inconsistent pictures with the Note. Just by someone moving a tad in a picture the person is blurred with the Note. With still pictures the Note was great.

Don't get me wrong the Note is a great device. Like the widgets, was able to install XBMC right on the phone, more freedom with everything.

It all boils down to what you want your phone to do. I have no regrets getting rid of the Note 4. I lost some things leaving Android but what I gained written above far outweighs it. At least try the Note and then decide.

jianrong

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Sometimes change is nice. I've been back and forth between OS's far too much and sometimes it has been costly. I don't regret it one bit getting rid of my Note 4 and getting the 6 Plus last week. There were a lot of great things I liked about the Note and many things I disliked. The dislikes started to get bigger so I needed to make the switch.

Having iMessage back is great. Getting nice clear pics and videos from friends and family is great again. Obviously like many people here and on Android central many people they know have iPhones. More then 80% of people I message have iPhones. So it makes sense.

1) Lockscreen notifications are no contest. Being able to simply reply to texts, emails and even delete emails from the Lockscreen with the Touch ID is simply perfect.
2) Finger Print scanner sucks on the Note. Setting up was fine and detected my finger each time but when using it, it probably worked 25% of the time. It was frustrating.
3) Amazing battery life. Just love the amount of usage I can get on a single charge.
4) Google Music and Chromecast. Yes I don't understand how my iPhone never has a single problem or hiccup casting to Chromecast. The amount of disconnects and pulling my hair out with the Note just drove me insane. Skipping songs is instant and everything runs perfect with the 6 Plus.
5) Note 4 speaker is not good at all and even watching videos and listening to music I needed to put my hand over the speaker to deflect the sound making it louder. Never liked speakers being placed on the back of a phone. iPhone speaker location and sound is perfect.
7) Camera. Definitely like the speed and the quality of the iPhone. Too many inconsistent pictures with the Note. Just by someone moving a tad in a picture the person is blurred with the Note. With still pictures the Note was great.

Don't get me wrong the Note is a great device. Like the widgets, was able to install XBMC right on the phone, more freedom with everything.

It all boils down to what you want your phone to do. I have no regrets getting rid of the Note 4. I lost some things leaving Android but what I gained written above far outweighs it. At least try the Note and then decide.

He he he.. Like you I too got rid of my note 4. I actually sold higher for note 4 than what I brought on a contract. So. I just have a small top up for 6 plus.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site

Well, I've been using the note 4 in store kiosks, but I'm not sure if that's a good testing environment.

From what I've used though, it was very nice. I live the screen and it seemed pretty smooth. Some lag when browsing chrome, but again that could have been Targets crummy wifi.

Honestly, I really have to make sure I pick the right phone this time. I can't return it like I kept doing before. Even if I get the note 4 and there's some annoyances, I should probaly stick with it for atleast a year. No phone will be perfect. I just have to find one that will give me what I want: good battery life, performance, app selection, but one that can operate better as a sort of pocket computer. I want something that's flexible and that I can easily send info to other stuff and connect to things.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Here's a example of iPhone and Mac working together:
I was at a live band writing session and recorded everything on the 6Plus with the voice memo app. Downloaded the tracks from the 6 Plus into the MacBook Air. Edited the tracks in Garage Band exported as low quality MP3's so the files would be small compressed as a zip file.
A guy from the session texted me this morning asking for the tracks. I didn't have his email address. He texted to me. I go to the Mac the text is right there with his email address I click on it save to his contact card and open a email drag the zip file to email and send. I have the text thread on 3 devices iPhone iPad and Mac his updated contact info on all 3 devices and I never touched the iPad in this whole process. This is the ease of use and sync I like having all Apple devices.

DX9

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Well, I've been using the note 4 in store kiosks, but I'm not sure if that's a good testing environment.

From what I've used though, it was very nice. I live the screen and it seemed pretty smooth. Some lag when browsing chrome, but again that could have been Targets crummy wifi.

Honestly, I really have to make sure I pick the right phone this time. I can't return it like I kept doing before. Even if I get the note 4 and there's some annoyances, I should probaly stick with it for atleast a year. No phone will be perfect. I just have to find one that will give me what I want: good battery life, performance, app selection, but one that can operate better as a sort of pocket computer. I want something that's flexible and that I can easily send info to other stuff and connect to things.

Touchwiz does lag not matter what. Sometimes it's bad sometimes it isn't. Note 4 has 3GB of ram and about 1.6GB-1.7GB is being used when no apps are running. Also the whole debate with the new iPhones still using only 1GB of ram and when opening apps like Safari and it reloads when going back to it after having a bunch of apps open it happens with the Note on Chrome also. I open Chrome then I'll open a bunch of apps then go back to Chrome and the page refreshes again because Android released the ram on Chrome. It's gonna happen no matter what OS you are gonna use. It also depends on how intensive the web page you have open.

When you mention apps you will definitely notice how much more polished iOS apps are. A good amount of apps stutter and the font is sometimes overblown even when setting the font size smaller within the app etc. that's just with my experience with it anyways. Try the Note within the remorse period. If you don't like it then trade up for an iphone. That's the only way to get a real indication of what's better for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.