Pretty much sold on the 6 plus, but..

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I suppose not. Honestly, I can't imagine taking calls on a Mac being a big deal for me.

It's a really convenient feature...my only hang up about it is that sometimes if I answer the call with my iPhone, the "answer/decline" little notification on my MBP hangs for a couple of seconds sometimes. I'm sure there's an update coming or something, but it's really not a huge deal.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
It is convenient but I wish there was some sort of feature that my Mac and iPad "knew" my iPhone was within arm's reach and therefore didn't ring on the Mac or iPad. Sometimes I have all three of them ringing. Maybe that's a feature that the Watch could bring…it could tell which device you were in closest proximity to and ring that one and have a setting for which to ring if they were all close by.

Because of that I just turned it off on my iPads and Mac.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
It was a little bit of a rough day. But after reading this thread, I'm GOOD!

On a serious tip, buy the device, you have 14 days return policy with most carriers. I'm known well to my local Best Buy & AT&T shop. I return stuff all the time ; if it isn't for me...

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Anyway, I'd like to apologize to the users here, particularly ShaunHRCC.

I realize that no one is is probaly trying to be mean or rude. And I realize that this is my fault. Over the past few months I've just been going back and forth on what phone I want. Wether it's a android phone or a iPhone. I've had, and returned: the G3, M8, and Moto X. I've also ordered and canceled the 6 and 6 plus.

I suppose that's a testament to how close these two platforms are in quality now that's it's hard to make a decision between them. I can think of a list of things I like and don't like about both. And I really just need to take a breath and just think about which offers the least amount of compromises out of both to me. And maybe not worry so much on how well it may work with future purchases or devices.

Honestly, I can feel your pain. I've switched back and forth so many times, it's kind of pathetic. And I think it's making my wife insane. There are things that I absolutely LOVE about Android and iOS. And things that I really don't care for about both. So I can definitely see where you're coming from. Technology has become so ingrained in our lives that some of us REALLY want the absolute best device there is. And the best for one person isn't the best for another. I'm getting rid of a Nexus 6, even though I swore this was the phone to end my quest, but it isn't. I really think it's just a fat huge phone for the sake of being fat and huge. I liked the Nexus 5 considerably more. I'm now on the fence between a Note 4 and 6 Plus. I'm also fully entrenched in Google's ecosystem (I have been more of an Android user than an iOS user in the recent years), which does make the move a little more difficult, but not impossible. But also part of my hesitation.

I do understand some people's frustrations with your thread, but I also understand your frustration with your decision. If only I was independently wealthy and I could have multiple phones, multiple tablets, and multiple computers. Then life would be good...

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
These phones whether it be android or iOS or another platform are able to do so much. And there are so many options that makes it difficult to decide. But at the end of the day, if I had to choose a device to keep for a year or longer, I would choose an iPhone. I know that sounds weird coming from me because I have been a big fan of the Note 4. And I believe that the Note 4 is the best all-in-one device on the market. But the iPhone comes with a lot of features that really work well. There may not be more features than a Samsung device, but the iPhone is very capable for work and play and it does it with the highest level of performance, best app and multimedia selection, and support and accessories. Also, when you throw in Apple support, you have a pretty good package.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
These phones whether it be android or iOS or another platform are able to do so much. And there are so many options that makes it difficult to decide. But at the end of the day, if I had to choose a device to keep for a year or longer, I would choose an iPhone. I know that sounds weird coming from me because I have been a big fan of the Note 4. And I believe that the Note 4 is the best all-in-one device on the market. But the iPhone comes with a lot of features that really work well. There may not be more features than a Samsung device, but the iPhone is very capable for work and play and it does it with the highest level of performance, best app and multimedia selection, and support and accessories. Also, when you throw in Apple support, you have a pretty good package.

If given the choice again would you go iPhone insted of the note 4? I'm between either the 6 plus or note 4 right now

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
If given the choice again would you go iPhone insted of the note 4? I'm between either the 6 plus or note 4 right now

Depends. If I was looking at just using one device, not having a tablet or using a laptop, I would go with the Note 4. If you are planning on using a secondary device I would go with the iPhone. I really like both, but I can break it down this way. The iPhone does what it does better than the Note 4 in just about every aspect. But the Note 4 blows the iPhone away on features. So I would go for the 6 plus. The features on the Note 4 are great and I have been going back and forth with these two devices for a while now. But the truth is, using the s-pen is cooler, but not more convenient. And I could probably say the same for the Note 4 as a whole. It's cooler, but not more convenient.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Depends. If I was looking at just using one device, not having a tablet or using a laptop, I would go with the Note 4. If you are planning on using a secondary device I would go with the iPhone. I really like both, but I can break it down this way. The iPhone does what it does better than the Note 4 in just about every aspect. But the Note 4 blows the iPhone away on features. So I would go for the 6 plus. The features on the Note 4 are great and I have been going back and forth with these two devices for a while now. But the truth is, using the s-pen is cooler, but not more convenient. And I could probably say the same for the Note 4 as a whole. It's cooler, but not more convenient.

I do have to say that the note 4's screen and removable back are I giving. Seriously, that screen is amazing. I just don't know about the whole touchwiz/relying on carrier OS update thing.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Another thing that bugs me about iPhone is pricing. It's kinda my same complaint about macs. Not everyone can afford a 800 dollar iPhone, just like not everyone can afford a 1500 dollar Mac. And if a person can only afford a 500 dollar or less phone and a 800 dollar or less computer, they have no choice but to go with android or windows. And those options at the price are pretty good these days.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Apple doesn't play to the low end of the market... it's saturated...

That's fine I guess, the problem is there's many many people who can't afford the high end. And it seems like there often punished with bad products just because of their financial situation. That's why I want to see more and more high quality inexpensive (or less expensive) options.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't a 32 gig Note 4 off contract go for $750-800? iPhone 6 plus 64 gig is $849.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
That's fine I guess, the problem is there's many many people who can't afford the high end. And it seems like there often punished with bad products just because of their financial situation. That's why I want to see more and more high quality inexpensive (or less expensive) options.

No one is entitled to luxury items. We've beaten this horse to death, but your logic here is like saying that poor people are punished because they can't go out to steak dinners every night due to their financial situation, and that steak houses should offer meals for poor people to afford. This is just ridiculous.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In addition, not every poor person wants an iPhone. Furthermore, the privileged often underestimates the buying power of "the poor", and are often surprised to learn how many luxury items "the poor" owns.

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com
No one is entitled to luxury items. We've beaten this horse to death, but your logic here is like saying that poor people are punished because they can't go out to steak dinners every night due to their financial situation, and that steak houses should offer meals for poor people to afford. This is just ridiculous.

I agree. Apple doesn't sell products for people that want cheap products. Most people can afford an iPhone because of the subsidy from the carrier. If you're not paying the $849 out of pocket to buy the phone, then we have no business discussing how much a phone costs off-contract.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
In addition, not every poor person wants an iPhone. Furthermore, the privileged often underestimates the buying power of "the poor", and are often surprised to learn how many luxury items "the poor" owns.

Technically the term luxury can really be different from person to person. Like one man's luxury may be an iPhone! However, another's might be simply food for his starving family.

Life is a luxury in itself if you really stop and look at it. You could just not have the option to buy an iPhone because you died on the eve of its announcement.

DX9

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I had the iPhone 6 when it came out. I then switched to a Note 4. I swore this was the end of switching and loved the Note. Both platforms are great but at the end of the day I needed to go back to iOS. Missed iMessage, reply to messages right from the lock screen, finger print sensor totally kills the Note 4 ID scanner (wouldn't work even 25% of the time). Got my daughter an iPod touch for Xmas and and an iPad mini. She wanted to message me but couldn't cause I had android. It just comes down to what you need it for.

Sold the Note 4 the other night and after that went directly to the Apple Store and bought a 6 Plus 64GB outright. Very happy with the decision. I could go on with pros and cons of each device but I don't want to fill the entire page ;)

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I had the iPhone 6 when it came out. I then switched to a Note 4. I swore this was the end of switching and loved the Note. Both platforms are great but at the end of the day I needed to go back to iOS. Missed iMessage, reply to messages right from the lock screen, finger print sensor totally kills the Note 4 ID scanner (wouldn't work even 25% of the time). Got my daughter an iPod touch for Xmas and and an iPad mini. She wanted to message me but couldn't cause I had android. It just comes down to what you need it for.

Sold the Note 4 the other night and after that went directly to the Apple Store and bought a 6 Plus 64GB outright. Very happy with the decision. I could go on with pros and cons of each device but I don't want to fill the entire page ;)

And to be honest, I think that's what it really comes down to. How are you going to use the device? It really has very little to do about which device is actually the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.