Sometimes change is nice. I've been back and forth between OS's far too much and sometimes it has been costly. I don't regret it one bit getting rid of my Note 4 and getting the 6 Plus last week. There were a lot of great things I liked about the Note and many things I disliked. The dislikes started to get bigger so I needed to make the switch.

Having iMessage back is great. Getting nice clear pics and videos from friends and family is great again. Obviously like many people here and on Android central many people they know have iPhones. More then 80% of people I message have iPhones. So it makes sense.

Things my 6 Plus does so much better then the Note 4 for me are:
    1) Lockscreen notifications are no contest. Being able to simply reply to texts, emails and even delete emails from the Lockscreen with the Touch ID is simply perfect.
    2) Finger Print scanner sucks on the Note. Setting up was fine and detected my finger each time but when using it, it probably worked 25% of the time. It was frustrating.
    3) Amazing battery life. Just love the amount of usage I can get on a single charge.
    4) Google Music and Chromecast. Yes I don't understand how my iPhone never has a single problem or hiccup casting to Chromecast. The amount of disconnects and pulling my hair out with the Note just drove me insane. Skipping songs is instant and everything runs perfect with the 6 Plus.
    5) Note 4 speaker is not good at all and even watching videos and listening to music I needed to put my hand over the speaker to deflect the sound making it louder. Never liked speakers being placed on the back of a phone. iPhone speaker location and sound is perfect.
    6) Battery Life is simply amazing on the 6 Plus. Did I mention that already?
    7) Camera. Definitely like the speed and the quality of the iPhone. Too many inconsistent pictures with the Note. Just by someone moving a tad in a picture the person is blurred with the Note. With still pictures the Note was great.

Don't get me wrong the Note is a great device. Like the widgets, was able to install XBMC right on the phone, more freedom with everything.

It all boils down to what you want your phone to do. I have no regrets getting rid of the Note 4. I lost some things leaving Android but what I gained written above far outweighs it. At least try the Note and then decide.
    Well, I've been using the note 4 in store kiosks, but I'm not sure if that's a good testing environment.

From what I've used though, it was very nice. I live the screen and it seemed pretty smooth. Some lag when browsing chrome, but again that could have been Targets crummy wifi.

Honestly, I really have to make sure I pick the right phone this time. I can't return it like I kept doing before. Even if I get the note 4 and there's some annoyances, I should probaly stick with it for atleast a year. No phone will be perfect. I just have to find one that will give me what I want: good battery life, performance, app selection, but one that can operate better as a sort of pocket computer. I want something that's flexible and that I can easily send info to other stuff and connect to things.
    01-19-2015 01:25 PM
    Here's a example of iPhone and Mac working together:
    I was at a live band writing session and recorded everything on the 6Plus with the voice memo app. Downloaded the tracks from the 6 Plus into the MacBook Air. Edited the tracks in Garage Band exported as low quality MP3's so the files would be small compressed as a zip file.
    A guy from the session texted me this morning asking for the tracks. I didn't have his email address. He texted to me. I go to the Mac the text is right there with his email address I click on it save to his contact card and open a email drag the zip file to email and send. I have the text thread on 3 devices iPhone iPad and Mac his updated contact info on all 3 devices and I never touched the iPad in this whole process. This is the ease of use and sync I like having all Apple devices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    the_tech_eater likes this.
    01-19-2015 01:52 PM
    Well, I've been using the note 4 in store kiosks, but I'm not sure if that's a good testing environment.

From what I've used though, it was very nice. I live the screen and it seemed pretty smooth. Some lag when browsing chrome, but again that could have been Targets crummy wifi.

Honestly, I really have to make sure I pick the right phone this time. I can't return it like I kept doing before. Even if I get the note 4 and there's some annoyances, I should probaly stick with it for atleast a year. No phone will be perfect. I just have to find one that will give me what I want: good battery life, performance, app selection, but one that can operate better as a sort of pocket computer. I want something that's flexible and that I can easily send info to other stuff and connect to things.
    Touchwiz does lag not matter what. Sometimes it's bad sometimes it isn't. Note 4 has 3GB of ram and about 1.6GB-1.7GB is being used when no apps are running. Also the whole debate with the new iPhones still using only 1GB of ram and when opening apps like Safari and it reloads when going back to it after having a bunch of apps open it happens with the Note on Chrome also. I open Chrome then I'll open a bunch of apps then go back to Chrome and the page refreshes again because Android released the ram on Chrome. It's gonna happen no matter what OS you are gonna use. It also depends on how intensive the web page you have open.

When you mention apps you will definitely notice how much more polished iOS apps are. A good amount of apps stutter and the font is sometimes overblown even when setting the font size smaller within the app etc. that's just with my experience with it anyways. Try the Note within the remorse period. If you don't like it then trade up for an iphone. That's the only way to get a real indication of what's better for you.
    01-19-2015 02:32 PM
    so, if anyone was curious, I ended up going with the 6 plus. So far I think it's pretty great. It's weird, it seems more like a computer than a phone. Maybe the extra screen size puts it into that category. Anyway, I'm pretty excited for what im going to be able to do with it. I do notice that maybe there's some missed swipes or presses, but not enough that i can be sure of. Also, I'm hoping more apps get updated to take advantage of the phone.

Battery life is amazing on this thing.
    jianrong, Wildo6882 and DX9 like this.
    01-21-2015 11:32 PM
    so, if anyone was curious, I ended up going with the 6 plus. So far I think it's pretty great. It's weird, it seems more like a computer than a phone. Maybe the extra screen size puts it into that category. Anyway, I'm pretty excited for what im going to be able to do with it. I do notice that maybe there's some missed swipes or presses, but not enough that i can be sure of. Also, I'm hoping more apps get updated to take advantage of the phone.

What colour and size Gb did you get?
    01-22-2015 03:51 AM
    What colour and size Gb did you get?
    64gb space gray
    01-22-2015 04:02 AM
    I would've picked the note 4. I think you made the wrong choice. Are you sure about this? Plus they're known to bend. I'd constantly check to be sure it's not bent. You can never be too careful.

How could you not get the 128gb version? I don't think you really thought this out. Next time take more time before choosing so quickly.
    ultravisitor and Wildo6882 like this.
    01-22-2015 05:30 AM
    Congrats on the device OP. I'm also wanting to move to the Plus but I'm waiting until September.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    01-22-2015 07:21 AM
    I just want you to know, I'm in my pajamas and doing the happy dance!
    Nicely done, Sir\Mam...

You can start sharing your home screen, here: http://forums.imore.com/iphone-6-plu...me-screen.html

Oh what a difference a few days make

Last edited by iamivanwilliams; 01-22-2015 at 07:39 AM. Reason: added a link
    mumfoau and ladyc0524 like this.
    01-22-2015 07:27 AM
    My Nexus 6 has been shipped off to a new owner. My Nexus 5 is just waiting to do the same. My 6 Plus is on the FedEx truck today and my accessories for it are in already. I'm excited to move back to iOS. No hate towards Android, but I needed something a little more reliable.
    DX9 and ladyc0524 like this.
    01-22-2015 10:34 AM
    64gb space gray
    Enjoy the 6 Plus hope it works for you.

01-22-2015 01:12 PM
    Enjoy it! It's a great phone.

I'm campaigning to get my wife to take my iPhone 6, so we can finally be on the same platform together. She keeps fighting me on it, though.
    01-22-2015 01:31 PM
    Enjoy the 6 Plus hope it works for you.

Thanks! So far I'm liking it a lot. My only issues I think are more related to iOS 8's weird bugs. Like, there's some hitches on opening/closing apps and going back to home screen. Also, I'm having this weird freezing issue with 1password. But im assuming that's just agile its needing to post a update. (It happened on my 5S as well.)
    01-22-2015 01:47 PM
    Thanks! So far I'm liking it a lot. My only issues I think are more related to iOS 8's weird bugs. Like, there's some hitches on opening/closing apps and going back to home screen. Also, I'm having this weird freezing issue with 1password. But im assuming that's just agile its needing to post a update. (It happened on my 5S as well.)
    I haven't experienced any freezing with 1passwrd on the 6 plus or the 5S. Did you set up the 6 plus from a 5S backup?

01-22-2015 01:51 PM
    Hmm, that's odd. Did you setup from a backup? I've always found that jumping to new iPhones, it's best to restore as new and then go from there.
    01-22-2015 02:55 PM
    I haven't experienced any freezing with 1passwrd on the 6 plus or the 5S. Did you set up the 6 plus from a 5S backup?

Agreed. I use 1Password on a daily basis and have for a long time. I've only ever experienced freezing when I was running a beta prior to the iOS 8 launch (so beta app on beta iOS). And I always just restore from a backup.
    01-22-2015 03:10 PM

Agreed. I use 1Password on a daily basis and have for a long time. I've only ever experienced freezing when I was running a beta prior to the iOS 8 launch (so beta app on beta iOS). And I always just restore from a backup.
    Same here. No problems whatsoever with 1Password on my iPhone 6 Plus.
    01-22-2015 03:23 PM
    I would've picked the note 4. I think you made the wrong choice. Are you sure about this? Plus they're known to bend. I'd constantly check to be sure it's not bent. You can never be too careful.

How could you not get the 128gb version? I don't think you really thought this out. Next time take more time before choosing so quickly.
    01-22-2015 03:47 PM
    I say setup 1Password from scratch, i.e. not from a backup. It should work fine...
    01-22-2015 05:24 PM
    I'm sitting here pissing myself laughing!

01-22-2015 05:24 PM
    Are you sure you don't want to wait for the 6splus? Rumors have it there will be 2gb of ram and a new force touch display!
    01-22-2015 08:13 PM

The iPhone 6 plus is a great choice. Enjoy your new phone.
    01-22-2015 08:33 PM

No, far as I know it was set up as new. Maybe I should do a factory restore and set it up as new again?
    01-22-2015 09:14 PM
    Are you sure you don't want to wait for the 6splus? Rumors have it there will be 2gb of ram and a new force touch display!
    You are talking about a phone that is like 9 months away. Why keep waiting for the next one. Enjoy what's out now. Tech is never ending. That's the way it is. Every phone gets upgraded each year. Nothing new here.
    01-22-2015 09:16 PM
    You are talking about a phone that is like 9 months away. Why keep waiting for the next one. Enjoy what's out now. Tech is never ending. That's the way it is. Every phone gets upgraded each year. Nothing new here.
    I took August's post as sarcasm.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    01-22-2015 10:20 PM
197 ... 45678