That's exactly what I'm going through in deciding between getting a 6 Plus or a Note 4. I'm very invested in Google and all of their services. Plus I have probably at least $100+ in paid apps on Android. Also, I have about 15 movies that I have purchased or acquired from Google and I'm an All Access Music subscriber. This investment is what is holding me back a bit. I also have a Nexus Player, Roku 3, Chromecast, but no Apple TV. I know I can get my movies and music on an iPhone, but it's not as seamless. I can't get all those apps that I've bought, though. And to top it off, I have around $85 sitting in the Google Play Store as we speak. So I'm trying to decide if looking past those issues is what I should do. Typically, I use my phone for calls, texts, email, calendar, social media, blogs, news, games, videos, and music. I can do all of those things on either platform, but iOS does most of it easier and in some ways better. It's just that I would end up having quite a bit invested in both Android/Google and iOS/Apple.
    If I were you with all of the money and time that you have invested in the Google Play store and in the ecosystem, I would just go with the Note 4.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    01-16-2015 04:12 PM
    I just hope I can continue to buy other non Apple products and it doesn't become a headache.
    That will only happen if you make it one.
    cwbcpa likes this.
    01-16-2015 04:13 PM
    Well, my phone really is my primary computing device. It's where I do most my web browsing, email, and things like that which I used to use a desktop computer for. It's also where I watch a lot of video and do mobile gaming.

I think I do prioritize battery life, OS updates (I don't want to wait 4 months to get the latest OS), and performance (I don't like lag or unresponsiveness)

I know that the iPhone 6 plus does well in those areas, while the note 4 I think could struggle with OS update speed and maybe UI performance. But I do like its screen more and I think a removable back would be useful. Also, part of me kinda just wants to try something different than iPhone. I find the software of iOS getting a bit stale. But I'm not exactly unhappy with it.

Personally I still found iOS a bit smoother, particularly in games. I'm not sure what it is, but there's less input lag and it just seems a bit smoother. Maybe it'll be better on the note 4, but it's just something I noticed on every android I've used.

The update thing is still a major annoyance with android. I think it's rediculous that unless you get a nexus or Motorola device you really don't know when (or even if) you'll get the latest software fix or OS update.
    If I could offer a suggestion, I would go for the iPhone 6 Plus. Yes, iOS looks stale to you because you are used to using it. Android has the same effect after a while. In the end, it's going to be about the apps. And you are right, the apps on iOS seem to be more polished and deliver better performance. The other things that you mentioned also makes the iPhone a clear choice. Fast updates, smooth UI, responsiveness. All of those things are advantages of iOS.

01-16-2015 04:16 PM
    The problem is I'm really risk adverse. I try to think out how things will work with one another. Like how will the iPhone work with my other devices like PC, chromecast, roku, and etc. and how it may dictate future purchases (such as wether I feel my next computer may need to be a Mac just so I can get that integration with the iPhone. And if I then need to go all Apple from now on for other devices.)

But your right, given what I stated my needs are I do think a 6 plus would be better. I just hope I can continue to buy other non Apple products and it doesn't become a headache.
    I own all PC's and have no more issues than when I have an android phone. I'm sure I would benefit from a Mac but I don't suffer any more with the PC than I do if I had an android phone. I think based on what you mentioned that you would like the 6 Plus. Just don't keep looking at the "special" things another phone does and wishing you had that. It's not worth the headaches that come with it. Get what takes care of your needs and be done with it and enjoy what you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    kch50428 and robbrick like this.
    01-16-2015 04:17 PM
    If I were you with all of the money and time that you have invested in the Google Play store and in the ecosystem, I would just go with the Note 4.

That definitely seems like the logical choice given that, doesn't it? However, I'm still wooed by iOS and have been for a number of years. There's something elegant about it. Something smooth. And sometimes using an Android device does become a headache. At this stage in my life, I'd like to avoid an added headache. I get enough of them at work. And for what I do with a phone, like I said earlier, an iPhone probably does it just as well, if not better than an Android phone for me.
    01-16-2015 04:18 PM
    That definitely seems like the logical choice given that, doesn't it? However, I'm still wooed by iOS and have been for a number of years. There's something elegant about it. Something smooth. And sometimes using an Android device does become a headache. At this stage in my life, I'd like to avoid an added headache. I get enough of them at work. And for what I do with a phone, like I said earlier, an iPhone probably does it just as well, if not better than an Android phone for me.
    I agree with you. But that means that you are going to have to sacrifice some content. As far as the Google services, those work fine on the iPhone. But you will have to re-invest in that content on iTunes and the App Store.

01-16-2015 04:19 PM
    I agree with you. But that means that you are going to have to sacrifice some content. As far as the Google services, those work fine on the iPhone. But you will have to re-invest in that content on iTunes and the App Store.

Well, I would be able to download the Google Play Movies using that app on iOS (can't purchase them on the iOS app, if I remember correctly, however). I also can continue to use Google Play Music and my All Access, and can even download playlists. Neither one is as seamless as it is on Android, but it is possible. The apps I would have to either re-purchase or just look for a free alternative. Most of them are games, but there are some other ones that I would need frequently. And there's the issue with not having $85 just sitting in my store account.
    01-16-2015 04:39 PM
    Well, I would be able to download the Google Play Movies using that app on iOS (can't purchase them on the iOS app, if I remember correctly, however). I also can continue to use Google Play Music and my All Access, and can even download playlists. Neither one is as seamless as it is on Android, but it is possible. The apps I would have to either re-purchase or just look for a free alternative. Most of them are games, but there are some other ones that I would need frequently. And there's the issue with not having $85 just sitting in my store account.
    Can't you still buy more movies with the money? I look at the movies I have on Google Play movies through YouTube. They show up as purchased.

01-16-2015 04:48 PM
    The problem is I'm really risk adverse. I try to think out how things will work with one another. Like how will the iPhone work with my other devices like PC, chromecast, roku, and etc. and how it may dictate future purchases (such as wether I feel my next computer may need to be a Mac just so I can get that integration with the iPhone. And if I then need to go all Apple from now on for other devices.)

But your right, given what I stated my needs are I do think a 6 plus would be better. I just hope I can continue to buy other non Apple products and it doesn't become a headache.
    If you have the loot you can get whatever you want. All brands of devices if you want.
    Me personally I have no interest in Windows or Android.
    When I get a new device mobile or computer I need as little down time as possible. Buying a new Mac would just be plugging it in and loading a few programs. A new phone just setting up from a iCloud backup or iTunes back up. For me that's zero headaches.
    Sometimes I have to use my MacBook Air to play music I have to learn. It a simple matter of AirPlay through my TV or plugging a thunderbolt cable into it to run through my studio speakers.
    So for me it's not one platform is better than another it's keeping a uninterrupted flow.
    Even for entertainment. If got a new Mac I just plug in my external with my iTunes movies and I'm ready to go. And of course whatever Mac I get its going to flow with my iPhone.

01-16-2015 04:49 PM
    If you have the loot you can get whatever you want. All brands of devices if you want.
    When I get a new device mobile or computer I need as little down time as possible. Buying a new Mac would just be plugging it in and loading a few programs. A new phone just setting up from a iCloud backup or iTunes back up. For me that's zero headaches.
    Sometimes I have to use my MacBook Air to play music I have to learn. It a simple matter of AirPlay through my TV or plugging a thunderbolt cable into it to run through my studio speakers.
    So for me it's not one platform is better than another it's keeping a uninterrupted flow.
    Even for entertainment. If got a new Mac I just plug in my external with my iTunes movies and I'm ready to go. And of course whatever Mac I get its going to flow with my iPhone.

I believe many iOS users are like you. It's about continuity. They feel like if it isn't broken then why try and find a fix. I somewhat agree with that as well. It can be a pain in the **** switching operating systems and managing everything.

01-16-2015 04:50 PM
    Can't you still buy more movies with the money? I look at the movies I have on Google Play movies through YouTube. They show up as purchased.

Yeah I can. I just don't think I could buy them through the iOS app. I think I'd have to go through the web. So it is a little bit of a hindrance.
    01-16-2015 05:04 PM
    That will only happen if you make it one.
    Well, how much of that is in my control though? Like, since there completely different OS's it's not like they're gonna sync with one another.
    01-16-2015 05:08 PM

My main issue with Mac, desktop anyway, is that I do like being able to upgrade parts. And gaming is just more viable on PC. So that's important to me as well. I'm not too opposed to a MacBook though, it's just for desktop I'm unsure if im willing to give up the gaming advantage and upgradability.
    01-16-2015 05:11 PM
    Well, how much of that is in my control though? Like, since there completely different OS's it's not like they're gonna sync with one another.
    It's all under your control. There will always be something new coming out. The great thing is that either Android or iOS will be compatible with any new peripherals you may end up wanting as those are the two main choices for mobile OSes. Just pick one (iPhone, LOL) and be happy.

You control how much anything can be a big or small deal to you or not. It isn't a life decision.

01-16-2015 05:12 PM
    Well, how much of that is in my control though?
    All of it. iPhones can successfully sync with Windows as people have noted above.
    BreakingKayfabe and cwbcpa like this.
    01-16-2015 05:14 PM
    I believe many iOS users are like you. It's about continuity. They feel like if it isn't broken then why try and find a fix. I somewhat agree with that as well. It can be a pain in the **** switching operating systems and managing everything.

Me coming from the original iPhone the attraction was when Steve Jobs said It runs OSX. So the iPhone was the mobile extention of my Mac. Now it has reversed it a lot of ways.

My pre smartphone days I went from Motorola then Nokia then back to Motorola then Nokia again all based on what was the coolest looking phone because back then they all did the same thing.
    But it was a pain getting used to Nokia menus then Motorola menus and back again.
    I have so much stuff that's iCloud based that gets carried over from iPhone to iPhone iPad to iPad Mac to Mac that I don't worry about saving even if I wipe my phone or computer.

01-16-2015 05:14 PM
    My main issue with Mac, desktop anyway, is that I do like being able to upgrade parts. And gaming is just more viable on PC. So that's important to me as well. I'm not too opposed to a MacBook though, it's just for desktop I'm unsure if im willing to give up the gaming advantage and upgradability.
    If gaming is your thing and upgrading parts enhances the experience then stick with a PC.
    Only get a Mac if it goes with your flow. If your flow is a little bit of all platforms so be it.

01-16-2015 05:20 PM
    Thanks guys I know I tend to overanyze everything. I appreciate your patience.

I'm gonna go ahead and get the 6 plus. I believe it'll best suit what I want in a phone. And I'll continue to use whatever I feel us the best device for each task and if it causes issues I'll deal with it then. But it's pointless worrying about it now I think.
    01-16-2015 05:27 PM
    The best thing i find with my iPhone/macbook/ipad is the being able to message anyone from either, especially my macbook in my home office. Don't have to touch my phone, much nicer typing on a macbook. A message will come in on all 3 and when you open it on my macbook it becomes read on iPhone and iPad. And my phone is usually in my office so i get them on my iPad when on the lounge or by the pool. Don't use the calls though as i use a Uniden bluetooth handset.
    If i didn't have all Apple i would get the Note 4, i might anyway as a private no/phone for home use. I found the Plus too big/heavy for my work uses in and out of pocket and car all day. Its a great office or at home use phone. Swapped to a 6 and they gave me a Lifeproof Fre for $20. Much better for now
    01-16-2015 05:59 PM
    I can't help keep coming back to this thread to see the latest posts. Like a terrible accident and I can't look away...
    kch50428, cwbcpa and robbrick like this.
    01-16-2015 06:10 PM
    I can't help keep coming back to this thread to see the latest posts. Like a terrible accident and I can't look away...
    LOL totally agree!
    01-16-2015 06:37 PM
    I want an iphone 6.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk
    01-16-2015 06:55 PM
    I want an iphone 6.
    They are nice devices.
    01-16-2015 06:57 PM
    You cant cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water.
    01-16-2015 06:59 PM
    You cant cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water.
    What

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk
    01-16-2015 06:59 PM
197 ... 23456 ...