Pretty much sold on the 6 plus, but..

Status
Not open for further replies.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
So I'm pretty much set on getting a 64 gb iPhone 6 plus. However, thee are some questions/concerns I have:

1. Have you found the phone to be a hassle to use and carry when out and about?

2. I also heard mixed views on apples scaling method. I heard that the 3X scaler has issues with text shimmer and that it does throttle the GPU more, causing dropped frames in games and animations. As someone who plays games on his phone, this concerns me. Has anyone noticed these things? Are they worth worrying about?

3. I also worry about the bending thing. I know it's up for debate wether this is a real cause for concern, but as someone who's jeans have gotten more snug due to gaining weight, I'm concerned this add pressure to the device in my pocket as I sit or move around. Although I do plan to use a case with the phone. But that would also add bulk to it. I also never put it in my back pocket. Is this really a concern? I guess I could just take the phone out of my pocket when I sit.

Anyway, I'm still a bit back and forth, but I think the plus feels like more of a upgrade from my 5S and since I watch video and game on the phone a lot, I think I'd appreciate the big screen.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
tumblr_m9zkxvooDV1r4odzh.gif

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
So I'm pretty much set on getting a 64 gb iPhone 6 plus. However, thee are some questions/concerns I have:

1. Have you found the phone to be a hassle to use and carry when out and about?

Yes.

2. I also heard mixed views on apples scaling method. I heard that the 3X scaler has issues with text shimmer and that it does throttle the GPU more, causing dropped frames in games and animations. As someone who plays games on his phone, this concerns me. Has anyone noticed these things? Are they worth worrying about?

Yeah, the scaling takes its toll.

3. I also worry about the bending thing. I know it's up for debate wether this is a real cause for concern, but as someone who's jeans have gotten more snug due to gaining weight, I'm concerned this add pressure to the device in my pocket as I sit or move around. Although I do plan to use a case with the phone. But that would also add bulk to it. I also never put it in my back pocket. Is this really a concern? I guess I could just take the phone out of my pocket when I sit.

It will most likely bend in your pocket.

Anyway, I'm still a bit back and forth, but I think the plus feels like more of a upgrade from my 5S and since I watch video and game on the phone a lot, I think I'd appreciate the big screen.

Answers in bold.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
1. No hassle to carry for me or course being bigger than a 5S there's a adjustment.

2. The only game I play with good graphics is Real Racing 3 and it looks great performs great imho. I don't know where this games falls in taxing a GPU.

3. I don't worry about it bending. It feels pretty sturdy to me. It feels like it would take a good amount of pressure to bend it and how the pressure is applied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jakdillard

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
What do you mean?

I was a Android developer (kinda) also toyed with Windows Mobile when that was a thing and lately XDA has not been the forum that it once was. It seems that if someone has a legitimate question there they are answered with "trolling", and snarky answers.

Now I may have been premature with my post here and if I am I apologize.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I was a Android developer (kinda) also toyed with Windows Mobile when that was a thing and lately XDA has not been the forum that it once was. It seems that if someone has a legitimate question there they are answered with "trolling", and snarky answers.

We have a jailbreak forum which isn't what it once used to be. Now that iMore gets invited to Apple Events they try to stay in the good graces of Apple and don't blog about jailbreaking (at all) like they used to.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

No apology necessary. It's all good. The OP has a history of being indecisive on tech purchases. :)

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
1. I adjusted to be size quickly
2. I use my iPad for games mainly. But I haven't noticed any issues on the phone.
3. Don't sit on it.

I think it was on the ATP podcast where John Siracusa was lamenting the 3X scaling. But I'm just not sure if it would effect me or If id see it.

Obviously id prefer no slowdown or not to have a compromised experience, but I also want the 1080p screen, battery life, and a big screen

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

It's ok, you're just unfamiliar with the OP's history of flopping around like a fish...hence the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR