In regard to the iPhone 6 Plus, is 16 GBs enough storage?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I guess so... I just rather have applications on my phone. I did have photos on it and I put it into a storage account and delete them off my phone. I have an ipad mini which is the same thing... If I didn't have a ipad then I would have went with the 64gb or the 128gb iphone.

Oh no doubt you can make it work for your needs...I just had not actually seen the "usable" storage on the 16GB since like the iPhone 5...I always assumed it was closer to 13GB, but it's lower than I thought. Just a little eye opening is all...

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Having more storage doesn't make you download more apps. It makes you more comfortable downloading more apps and storing more stuff on the device because you don't have to worry about the potential downsides of doing so. There's a big difference. Not quit "Glass Half-Full/Empty," but kinda.

Additionally, how you use a device can change massively in the course of two years time. You never know what kind of features they'll implement in a future update, which may end up being of little use to you (even though you want to use it) because you have very little free storage on your device, among other things.

I can already see people with 16GB devices having issues if Apple implements 4K video recording in the next iOS revision. 4K TV's/Monitors are coming down in price at a good clip, and even YouTube can take/stream them now... ... 1080p 60FPS already weighs a good bit more than the default 1080p, and should be the default for anyone who records sports or anything with fast movement that they want to display better when viewed.

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
I get away with 16Gb on my phone, my 6 Plus had 4gb free and and my new 6 has 9gb free, i have a 128gb iPad Air 2 though :) I put all photos and video onto my macbook pro and onto my iPad, mainly use a Sony a6000 for good photos and video. iPhone is just a back up.

selena650

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Oh I didn't know that. But hey at least I got the iphone 6 plus then the note 4. I got Apple Pay and the no lag and stuttering.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Oh I didn't know that. But hey at least I got the iphone 6 plus then the note 4. I got Apple Pay and the no lag and stuttering.

Some of us are immune to platform politics ;-)

But nice tactic. I see what you did there!

P.S. Note 4 is more expensive than a 16GB iPhone 6 and almost as expensive as a 64GB 6 Plus on some carriers. It wouldn't really change anything about what the above poster said, Lol. You just wouldn't need to ask the question since the device is 32GB Base and a 32GB MicroSD Card can be purchased for ~$20 these days.

Enjoy your new iPhone :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR