I would not encourage either but the OP has made her decision and she's now got an awesome 6 Plus. So what we need to do now is to offer tips and tricks on how to manage the storage she's got.

I know that one of the things I do is to perform frequent backups. I also keep my Inbox and Messages as clean as possible. Delete old stuff.

Anyone else have any helpful tips and tricks?

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6
    I don't keep no videos, music, photos, and game apps on the phone. I have most of the apps I want and have 6.7gb Left. My ipad mini 64gb is mostly for entertainment and game purposes. 16gb I found is perfect. 64gb would have been an overkill for my iphone, that would have made me download more apps then I need.
    01-14-2015 02:33 AM
    I traded in my nexus 5 for the iphone 6 plus... I don't buy phones, I Trade in or wait 2 yrs until they are paid off. My phone is pretty much all apps... I only do updates.
    01-14-2015 02:37 AM

This is how much stuff I have on my phone
    01-14-2015 02:44 AM
    You are a very minimalistic user...and still only have 6.8GB of storage left. A few videos and pictures later, you're flirting with a low storage warning.

Something your settings kind of make me think about now though...would you buy this device if they released it as a "12GB" model instead of 16GB? Because honestly, that's what you're getting. Looking at the same post-OS storage numbers on the other options, they don't see quite as bad, but the 16GB one is kind of shocking for whatever reason.
    Not Quite Right likes this.
    01-14-2015 11:50 AM
    You are a very minimalistic user...and still only have 6.8GB of storage left. A few videos and pictures later, you're flirting with a low storage warning.

Something your settings kind of make me think about now though...would you buy this device if they released it as a "12GB" model instead of 16GB? Because honestly, that's what you're getting. Looking at the same post-OS storage numbers on the other options, they don't see quite as bad, but the 16GB one is kind of shocking for whatever reason.
    I guess so... I just rather have applications on my phone. I did have photos on it and I put it into a storage account and delete them off my phone. I have an ipad mini which is the same thing... If I didn't have a ipad then I would have went with the 64gb or the 128gb iphone.
    01-14-2015 11:53 AM
    I guess so... I just rather have applications on my phone. I did have photos on it and I put it into a storage account and delete them off my phone. I have an ipad mini which is the same thing... If I didn't have a ipad then I would have went with the 64gb or the 128gb iphone.
    Oh no doubt you can make it work for your needs...I just had not actually seen the "usable" storage on the 16GB since like the iPhone 5...I always assumed it was closer to 13GB, but it's lower than I thought. Just a little eye opening is all...
    01-14-2015 12:23 PM
    Having more storage doesn't make you download more apps. It makes you more comfortable downloading more apps and storing more stuff on the device because you don't have to worry about the potential downsides of doing so. There's a big difference. Not quit "Glass Half-Full/Empty," but kinda.

Additionally, how you use a device can change massively in the course of two years time. You never know what kind of features they'll implement in a future update, which may end up being of little use to you (even though you want to use it) because you have very little free storage on your device, among other things.

I can already see people with 16GB devices having issues if Apple implements 4K video recording in the next iOS revision. 4K TV's/Monitors are coming down in price at a good clip, and even YouTube can take/stream them now... ... 1080p 60FPS already weighs a good bit more than the default 1080p, and should be the default for anyone who records sports or anything with fast movement that they want to display better when viewed.
    01-14-2015 05:18 PM
    I get away with 16Gb on my phone, my 6 Plus had 4gb free and and my new 6 has 9gb free, i have a 128gb iPad Air 2 though I put all photos and video onto my macbook pro and onto my iPad, mainly use a Sony a6000 for good photos and video. iPhone is just a back up.
    01-15-2015 04:25 AM
    http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15...d4d211ea45.jpg

Just remember you have to keep it above 4GB available for OTA updates and optimum performance
    01-15-2015 02:17 PM
    If $100 is a breaking point for someone the last thing they should be buying is a iPhone 6 plus.
    01-15-2015 05:10 PM
    Oh I didn't know that. But hey at least I got the iphone 6 plus then the note 4. I got Apple Pay and the no lag and stuttering.
    01-15-2015 11:43 PM
    Oh I didn't know that. But hey at least I got the iphone 6 plus then the note 4. I got Apple Pay and the no lag and stuttering.
    Some of us are immune to platform politics ;-)

But nice tactic. I see what you did there!

P.S. Note 4 is more expensive than a 16GB iPhone 6 and almost as expensive as a 64GB 6 Plus on some carriers. It wouldn't really change anything about what the above poster said, Lol. You just wouldn't need to ask the question since the device is 32GB Base and a 32GB MicroSD Card can be purchased for ~$20 these days.

Enjoy your new iPhone :-)
    01-17-2015 04:27 PM
87 ... 234