Why won't my iPhone let me compose a text message in landscape mode?

runner66

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
what is DFU mode. when i frist got the phone i installed t from a backup that proped on the iphone 6 plus. from there it said there is a update so i did the update and all looked fine. today i went to 2 apple stores 2 verzion stores and a mom and pop store to see if there iphobe 6 plus does this as well. and they all did just like mine. so i dont know how yours does but the 6 phones i looked at and mine dont. makes no sense at all

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
what is DFU mode. when i frist got the phone i installed t from a backup that proped on the iphone 6 plus. from there it said there is a update so i did the update and all looked fine. today i went to 2 apple stores 2 verzion stores and a mom and pop store to see if there iphobe 6 plus does this as well. and they all did just like mine. so i dont know how yours does but the 6 phones i looked at and mine dont. makes no sense at all

It sure doesn't.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

After seeing your video I can confirm that my phone does the same thing.
It seems as though if a text is started in portrait it stays there same with landscape.
I've never noticed this before. I would say most of my texts are done in portrait mode.
I don't know. I guess it can looked at as being a not a software bug but maybe feature enhancement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

runner66

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
thanks for the info, after seeing 6 iphones today and you also saying yours does this as well. it not my phone. i am sure most people that have the 6 plus dont even know they have this issue. untill someone shows me there phone does not have this issue. i will not belive. not trying to be a ****, thanks guys

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Yup, mine also does the same thing...if I start a text in one orientation or the other...it will not switch orientations until the text is completed and sent, then it will switch like normal. It ONLY does this if I start a new text though...it doesn't do it in any other scenario.

It seems to ONLY do it on the 6 Plus as well...my wife's 6 switches orientation under the same criteria.

runner66

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
thank you. i think i am just going to kept the iphone 6 plus that i have and not wait for a new one. i am sure the new one will also do it as well. love to hear from other people as well on this

runner66

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
If you have indeed placed your device in DFU mode and then had iTunes install a fresh copy of the latest iOS version, and then set up your device as new (and not from a backup), then you should take the phone to the nearest Apple Store and have it exchanged. My iPhone 6 Plus rotates 360 degrees and back without any problems.
sorry dude i just dont belive. there is no way you can be the only one that it works for.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Didn't read the whole thread but if I start a text and don't send it I can rotate back and forth. And still rotate after sending. Just my 2 cents.

runner66

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
well after posting this issue and seeing people have it as well. i am going to lept the phone. i just orderd a new case and a screen protector for it. just want to say thank you all that took the time out to post up

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
well after posting this issue and seeing people have it as well. i am going to lept the phone. i just orderd a new case and a screen protector for it. just want to say thank you all that took the time out to post up

No problem...sorry it took a while to figure out what exactly you were trying to report there. Initially I thought you were just saying it wouldn't text in landscape mode AT ALL...hopefully Apple will address it, but to be honest, until you pointed it out, I had never even noticed, so I doubt I'll lose any sleep over it, lol.

rockerchick

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I have had that happen on occasion. I kind of hate typing in landscape mode on the 6 Plus. It feels awkward but the additional buttons are nice to use sometimes. Restart and see if it will work. When I had the problem I usually exited out of messages. Closed all programs opened it again and it worked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73