Why won't my iPhone let me compose a text message in landscape mode?

runner66

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
hey guys i just got my iphone 6 plus yesturday and its going back today. here is my issue i turn on the phone hit the text button screen pops up with the keyboard but will not switch to landscape at all. funny thing is if i send the text then it will switch to landscape and back to portrait mode. with no issues at all. i have the lastest software. my son has the iphone 6 and he has no issues at all. spoke to verzion and apple and they have no clue about this. verzion is just sending me a new phone. hate to see this happen on the replacement phone when its a issue that other people are having as well. can someone please chime in on this and let me know what issues they are having on this thanks for your time guys

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: iphone6 plus 16 gig

Swipe up from the bottom of the screen it the small lock symbol lit up on the right hand side? Have you tried a reboot? Hold in both buttons until the Apple Logos comes up.

runner66

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site

i did all of this. and it still does not work. are you tell me that your 6 plus does not do this

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

I have not heard any common reports of this happening at all.

Have you done a hard restart? Mine texts just fine when I switch to landscape mode.

runner66

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site

yes i did a hard reset as well. you do have the 6 plus right. like i said if i go to do a text and the keyboard pop up that i turn the phone it will not rotat for me. but when i send the text it works fine. do you think its the phone it self.

runner66

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
yes like i said i have tired everything. when i send the text thats when it will rotat for me. i have never ever seen this before

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried "Reset All Settings"? If so, and that didn't work, you may need to restore the phone to fix that issue. I don't think it's necessary to restore as a new phone. Back up to iTunes and go for it.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

runner66

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
i have "Reset All Settings like 4 times. they are going to send me a new phone. was seeing if anyone else had this issue . would hate to get a new phone have still have this issue

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
i have "Reset All Settings like 4 times. they are going to send me a new phone. was seeing if anyone else had this issue . would hate to get a new phone have still have this issue
That's possible. If it's a software issue, you could get it again from your back up. But it sounds more like a hardware issue to me. Set your new phone up from your back up. If the problem returns, restore it as new. Let us know how this turns out. Good luck!

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

yes i did a hard reset as well. you do have the 6 plus right. like i said if i go to do a text and the keyboard pop up that i turn the phone it will not rotat for me. but when i send the text it works fine. do you think its the phone it self.

Yes, I have a 6 Plus.

Yes, I think it's the phone itself. This is not a common problem, and should be remedied when you receive a replacement. Your old phone probably has an issue with the gyroscope in some way I would guess...the beauty of Apple's no non-sense warranty program (which the carriers have to honor as well most times).

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I've seen on the Apple forums that a restore as new and not from a backup may resolve the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

runner66

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
i just restore as new about 10 minutes ago and still the same issue. dont understand why this is happening. going to a verzion store today and try out a iphone 6 plus to see if the one in the store does the same thing mine does. can anyone post a viedo of there phone with the keyboard up and let me see how the plus looks when it is working the right way. thanks for all your help guys

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

If you have indeed placed your device in DFU mode and then had iTunes install a fresh copy of the latest iOS version, and then set up your device as new (and not from a backup), then you should take the phone to the nearest Apple Store and have it exchanged. My iPhone 6 Plus rotates 360 degrees and back without any problems.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods