Never mind
    01-17-2015 12:07 AM
    Just curious if this was ever resolved? I've got a 6S Plus now and I have the same issue. Phone acquired Oct '15.
    03-04-2016 03:23 PM
    Created an account just to solve this for you all...

The secret is: it's system lag. You have too many programs open. Like most people you probably thought apps get closed automatically when you, well, *close* them. Nope, they're on in the background. Brilliant, Apple.

Double click your home button and all the programs that are open will be displayed. Swipe up to close them.

Your landscape rotation while texting will immediately work.

Hope I could help some random people out there.
    06-09-2017 06:08 AM
    Created an account just to solve this for you all...

The secret is: it's system lag. You have too many programs open. Like most people you probably thought apps get closed automatically when you, well, *close* them. Nope, they're on in the background. Brilliant, Apple.

Double click your home button and all the programs that are open will be displayed. Swipe up to close them.

Your landscape rotation while texting will immediately work.

Hope I could help some random people out there.
    It’s I’ll advised to close all the apps in the task switcher. This doesn’t clear any ram and only makes the battery life last less because it has to reload apps every time you want to use them.

iOS itself takes great care of the RAM. Any user interference is therefore unnecessary.
    06-09-2017 06:25 AM
    It’s I’ll advised to close all the apps in the task switcher. This doesn’t clear any ram and only makes the battery life last less because it has to reload apps every time you want to use them.

iOS itself takes great care of the RAM. Any user interference is therefore unnecessary.
    That's not true at all Tartarus. Having apps running in the background uses up tons of battery.

I've posted the solution and clearly there is not enough available ram if the screen isn't even able to rotate when opening the text messenger.
    06-09-2017 10:48 PM
    That's not true at all Tartarus. Having apps running in the background uses up tons of battery.

I've posted the solution and clearly there is not enough available ram if the screen isn't even able to rotate when opening the text messenger.
    I have never experienced the phenomenon where my screen wouldn’t turn while composing a message.

And I know there are people who claim that apps in the task switcher use battery and other resources, but here is an article you should read about that: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201330

I have highlighted the most important part:
    06-09-2017 11:00 PM
56 123