thank you. i think i am just going to kept the iphone 6 plus that i have and not wait for a new one. i am sure the new one will also do it as well. love to hear from other people as well on this
    01-09-2015 05:43 PM
    Same here. Thankfully I use the Messages app strictly in portrait mode.
    01-09-2015 05:44 PM
    If you have indeed placed your device in DFU mode and then had iTunes install a fresh copy of the latest iOS version, and then set up your device as new (and not from a backup), then you should take the phone to the nearest Apple Store and have it exchanged. My iPhone 6 Plus rotates 360 degrees and back without any problems.
    sorry dude i just dont belive. there is no way you can be the only one that it works for.
    01-09-2015 05:45 PM
    Same here. Thankfully I use the Messages app strictly in portrait mode.
    thank you. what i dont get is how could not do it on the iphone 6 but it does it on the plus
    01-09-2015 05:46 PM
    sorry dude i just dont belive. there is no way you can be the only one that it works for.
    Okay.
    01-09-2015 06:13 PM
    thank you. what i dont get is how could not do it on the iphone 6 but it does it on the plus
    Probably because the 6+ has special landscape modes the 6 doesn't. So probably a software bug in relation to that.
    01-09-2015 06:17 PM
    Probably because the 6+ has special landscape modes the 6 doesn't. So probably a software bug in relation to that.
    It also happens to me but only if I'm starting a brand new message thread. If I'm responding to a message and start in portrait I can rotate just fine to landscape and back. And since most of the time I'm replying to someone I already message with, I'd never noticed this before.
    01-09-2015 06:21 PM
    Didn't read the whole thread but if I start a text and don't send it I can rotate back and forth. And still rotate after sending. Just my 2 cents.
    01-09-2015 06:27 PM
    sorry guys if i upset you with this issue.
    01-09-2015 06:27 PM
    But if I click on new text before I pic someone I can't rotate.
    01-09-2015 06:28 PM
    sorry guys if i upset you with this issue.
    Nonsense. No one is upset with you. You simply brought an issue to our attention and discovered that you weren't alone. There's nothing wrong with that.
    hydrogen3 and Cleveland like this.
    01-09-2015 06:29 PM
    Nonsense. No one is upset with you. You simply brought an issue to our attention and discovered that you weren't alone. There's nothing wrong with that.
    thank you for that
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    01-09-2015 06:33 PM
    Yup, this is exactly what happens...mine will switch between orientations if I choose a person to start a new text, but will not if I just start a new text without a recipient.
    01-09-2015 06:35 PM
    take a look at the video
    01-09-2015 06:35 PM
    Yup, this is exactly what happens...mine will switch between orientations if I choose a person to start a new text, but will not if I just start a new text without a recipient.
    That's what I noticed as well.
    01-09-2015 06:57 PM
    well after posting this issue and seeing people have it as well. i am going to lept the phone. i just orderd a new case and a screen protector for it. just want to say thank you all that took the time out to post up
    01-10-2015 12:56 PM
    well after posting this issue and seeing people have it as well. i am going to lept the phone. i just orderd a new case and a screen protector for it. just want to say thank you all that took the time out to post up
    No problem...sorry it took a while to figure out what exactly you were trying to report there. Initially I thought you were just saying it wouldn't text in landscape mode AT ALL...hopefully Apple will address it, but to be honest, until you pointed it out, I had never even noticed, so I doubt I'll lose any sleep over it, lol.
    runner66 likes this.
    01-10-2015 03:03 PM
    I have had that happen on occasion. I kind of hate typing in landscape mode on the 6 Plus. It feels awkward but the additional buttons are nice to use sometimes. Restart and see if it will work. When I had the problem I usually exited out of messages. Closed all programs opened it again and it worked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01-11-2015 09:39 AM
    watch the video you will see that your phone is like all of ours
    01-11-2015 10:38 AM
    I have had that happen on occasion. I kind of hate typing in landscape mode on the 6 Plus. It feels awkward but the additional buttons are nice to use sometimes. Restart and see if it will work. When I had the problem I usually exited out of messages. Closed all programs opened it again and it worked.

This is not some kind of problem that can be remedied by closing the app and reopening it...it's simply a formatting issue on the 6 plus when composing a new text message with no recipient defined. If you are experiencing issues with landscape mode texting that is fixed by restarting the app, that is a totally different issue unrelated to the topic here.
    01-11-2015 04:58 PM
    I'm curious... Do you by any chance have other keyboards installed on your 6 plus?

ѕenт ғroм мy ιpнone 6 υѕιng тapaтalĸ
    01-11-2015 11:00 PM
    no i dont. its the phone that has the issue. need update to fix it
    01-12-2015 09:01 AM
    I see that if I start a new text in portrait then turn to landscape and cancel the text the messages app will be in landscape. If I initiate a new text while in landscape the keyboard pops up on the portrait side with the input box half way over. I never noticed none of this because I usually text in portrait.

01-12-2015 09:35 AM
    hey guys thanks again for all your help. one last thing. when you text in landscape mode you will have a split screen. is this the way it is. i know with a email you can the 2 little arrows and get it in the full screen. i am sure thats the way it is just want to hear from someone on this thanks
    01-15-2015 09:05 AM
    hey guys thanks again for all your help. one last thing. when you text in landscape mode you will have a split screen. is this the way it is. i know with a email you can the 2 little arrows and get it in the full screen. i am sure thats the way it is just want to hear from someone on this thanks
    Just the way it is right now...but I would imagine a "full screen" button will probably be added at some point, as they strive to make iOS more in sync with OS X like controls.
    runner66 likes this.
    01-15-2015 12:38 PM
56 123