Am I the only one who's comfortable with the stock keyboard?

Judson50

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I use stock.

I immediately tried swype and others and it was annoying have to keep pushing change keyboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ypmaiya

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Tried a few 3rd party keyboards. Wasn't impressed by any. Back to stock keyboard. It just feels right and comfortable to use.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I mostly use the stock keyboard, but I also use TouchPal because of the many options, I just wish it supported the "mic" feature.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436012757.724687.jpg

Last edited:

turbodave38

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
My only gripe is the lack of any punctuation marks on the qwerty board. At least my old droid had period and if you long pressed it it showed other choices.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk.

burwil

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
Touchpal. It's the best on android too. I find the alternative swipe keyboards significantly inferior.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rolandh

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I prefer the Stock  Keyboard since the 3rd Party ones take up storage space that can be put to good use for other apps, games or media.

Roland

DudeThatsErin

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
My mom just tried to use my phone last night and said she hated the keyboard (I think it is because of the otterbox and you having to press harder on the screen (defender) due to the plastic covering it).
Personally, I love it. It is the only keyboard on the market today (on smartphones) that I can actually type really well on, no matter the size of the phone. This includes android devices as well. I love Swiftkey but man the stock keyboard is gold.

turbodave38

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
My mom just tried to use my phone last night and said she hated the keyboard (I think it is because of the otterbox and you having to press harder on the screen (defender) due to the plastic covering it).
Personally, I love it. It is the only keyboard on the market today (on smartphones) that I can actually type really well on, no matter the size of the phone. This includes android devices as well. I love Swiftkey but man the stock keyboard is gold.

I'm amazed so many speak well of Swiftkey. It's reviews are horrible.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
The thing I don't love about the stock keyboard is that you have to hit a modifier key to get punctuation. Other than that I like it fine.

Sent from Elegance

LeDroitGTIGuy

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
Swype all the way. It's gotten better since it was first introduced for iOS, and gesture typing was the one thing holding me back from switching back to the iPhone from several years of Android. I could never go back to hunting and pecking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alias3800

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
In my opinion, this keyboard has always been the best in the business. And I'm not saying that in a fanboy-ish way, especially given all the phones I've tried. That being said, I think it's particularly good for a fast, tap typer - because the auto correct is as good as it gets.

What it's lacking, swyping, is great for when you're confined to one-handed use or the autocorrect isn't very accurate. The latter is sometimes true for android, which is why it's great that it has swype on most of the popular keyboards. Next-word prediction also isn't very good on iOS; that's never been useful to me though due to how quickly I like to type.

jdriscoll636

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
The stock keyboard is God awful and the 3rd party options aren't much better. I came from Windows Phone and the word flow keyboard is just beautiful. I miss the option to select a word and capitalize it by pressing shift. I also miss the middle finger emoji.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
The one thing about the stock keyboard that I don't like is the layout in landscape mode. It's just too much.

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I prefer the stock keyboard, it just works. I have found that the autocorrect in the 3rd party keyboards I have tried are very android like and due to my large thumbs predict the wrong words ;-) ... So it's the stock keyboard for me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods