Am I the only one who's comfortable with the stock keyboard?

HighTechToid

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
The stock keyboard is indeed nice for tap typing. But there are some third party ones that increase typing speed. For example Fleksy is quite nice. I find it just as fast for tap typing and smoothness as the stock but with the added gesture support makes it faster.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I only use the stock keyboard and have never considered switching to one of the 3rd party keyboards available.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I tried a couple of 3rd party keyboards, but I am back to the stock Apple version now. Ba-dum-bump-bump-bum. I’m loving it.

Bowlegz

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
The stock keyboard seems to be the best option at this point, I've tried a few others but always come back to it.

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
No, you are not the only one. Although, I've briefly tried a few 3rd party keyboards, I've since deleted them and have returned to the stock keyboard. I find it even easier to type on with my iPhone 6 Plus (primarily in portrait mode).
What he said.

I tried both Swype & SwiftKey, but had too many issues getting back to the stock keyboard when I wanted to type a word that S or SK kept changing time after time. Swype and SwiftKey both seem to want to take over my phone, and switching from keyboard to keyboard is a PITA.

With the bountiful screen real estate of the 6+ the stock Apple keyboard works great; I type faster with it than either alternate option I tried.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
The stock keyboard is perfect. Still have to get used to using the stock in landscape on my iPhone 6. Takes a bit getting used to.

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
The ability to use 3rd party keyboards was one of my biggest reasons for switching. I HATE the stock keyboard. Swiftkey is more efficient at every task I throw at it and more user friendly. A lot of people love the stock keyboard, to each their own. To say it is "fine" or "good enough" doesn't do it for me. It is on an Apple product it needs to be "great"!

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I loved Swiftkey on Android but I don't care for it on iOS. The implementation of third party keyboards on iOS isn't that great IMO. Stock keyboard is just fine and the quicktype predictions are quite accurate now after months of use.

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I loved Swiftkey on Android but I don't care for it on iOS. The implementation of third party keyboards on iOS isn't that great IMO. Stock keyboard is just fine and the quicktype predictions are quite accurate now after months of use.

Swiftkey in particular definitely is not on the same level it is on Android. But for my uses it still trumps iOS stock. But thats just my usage.

martinlmnt

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I'm more than happy with the stock keyboard. I tried a few of those 3rd party options but just couldn't get into the swing of using them... have people been unhappy with the stock?

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm more than happy with the stock keyboard. I tried a few of those 3rd party options but just couldn't get into the swing of using them... have people been unhappy with the stock?

One of the main reasons that I stopped using an iPhone in the past was the lack of choice in keyboards; the stock keyboard didn't work for me. Now that I can have Swype on an iPhone, it was one of the reasons that I wanted to try an iPhone again.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
As an android user I was interested in trying swift key/Swype on the iPhone however as they are so buggy I've stayed with the stock keyboard. However to be honest I really like the stock iOS keyboard so I wasn't that bothered.

Last edited:

cbreze

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
The stock KB is great IMO. I have no trouble pounding out pretty fast emails on it. I actually prefer using it in portrait mode which is really a first for me.The 6+ screen is big enough:cool:

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I wish Apple would buy Swiftkey and make it the stock iOS keyboard.

As long as it's implemented the way it is on Android.

I have no problem with the stock keyboard and never was one to clamor for a 3rd party one, but SwiftKey wouldn't be bad.

I remember hearing/or reading about how Apple allowing 3rd party keyboards had more to do with China. I can't remember the exact reason why, but China was the influence.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
As long as it's implemented the way it is on Android.

I have no problem with the stock keyboard and never was one to clamor for a 3rd party one, but SwiftKey wouldn't be bad.

I remember hearing/or reading about how Apple allowing 3rd party keyboards had more to do with China. I can't remember the exact reason why, but China was the influence.

Its possible. They also say that China influenced the 6 plus because they like phablets.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods