The stock keyboard seems to be the best option at this point, I've tried a few others but always come back to it.
    01-05-2015 10:46 AM
    No, you are not the only one. Although, I've briefly tried a few 3rd party keyboards, I've since deleted them and have returned to the stock keyboard. I find it even easier to type on with my iPhone 6 Plus (primarily in portrait mode).
    What he said.

I tried both Swype & SwiftKey, but had too many issues getting back to the stock keyboard when I wanted to type a word that S or SK kept changing time after time. Swype and SwiftKey both seem to want to take over my phone, and switching from keyboard to keyboard is a PITA.

With the bountiful screen real estate of the 6+ the stock Apple keyboard works great; I type faster with it than either alternate option I tried.
    01-05-2015 11:33 AM
    The stock keyboard is perfect. Still have to get used to using the stock in landscape on my iPhone 6. Takes a bit getting used to.
    01-05-2015 11:36 AM
    Count me in Im still comfortable using it.
    01-05-2015 11:59 AM
    The ability to use 3rd party keyboards was one of my biggest reasons for switching. I HATE the stock keyboard. Swiftkey is more efficient at every task I throw at it and more user friendly. A lot of people love the stock keyboard, to each their own. To say it is "fine" or "good enough" doesn't do it for me. It is on an Apple product it needs to be "great"!
    01-05-2015 12:33 PM
    I loved Swiftkey on Android but I don't care for it on iOS. The implementation of third party keyboards on iOS isn't that great IMO. Stock keyboard is just fine and the quicktype predictions are quite accurate now after months of use.
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    01-05-2015 12:38 PM
    I loved Swiftkey on Android but I don't care for it on iOS. The implementation of third party keyboards on iOS isn't that great IMO. Stock keyboard is just fine and the quicktype predictions are quite accurate now after months of use.
    Swiftkey in particular definitely is not on the same level it is on Android. But for my uses it still trumps iOS stock. But thats just my usage.
    01-05-2015 12:46 PM
    I'm more than happy with the stock keyboard. I tried a few of those 3rd party options but just couldn't get into the swing of using them... have people been unhappy with the stock?
    01-05-2015 01:12 PM
    I'll take the stock keyboard, thank you.....oh, and how about a beer while you're up?
    01-05-2015 02:46 PM
    I'm more than happy with the stock keyboard. I tried a few of those 3rd party options but just couldn't get into the swing of using them... have people been unhappy with the stock?
    One of the main reasons that I stopped using an iPhone in the past was the lack of choice in keyboards; the stock keyboard didn't work for me. Now that I can have Swype on an iPhone, it was one of the reasons that I wanted to try an iPhone again.
    Illustrator Joe likes this.
    01-05-2015 02:50 PM
    As an android user I was interested in trying swift key/Swype on the iPhone however as they are so buggy I've stayed with the stock keyboard. However to be honest I really like the stock iOS keyboard so I wasn't that bothered.
    Last edited by shanghaichica; 01-06-2015 at 07:24 AM.
    01-05-2015 02:52 PM
    The stock KB is great IMO. I have no trouble pounding out pretty fast emails on it. I actually prefer using it in portrait mode which is really a first for me.The 6+ screen is big enough
    01-05-2015 03:44 PM
    Swiftkey in particular definitely is not on the same level it is on Android. But for my uses it still trumps iOS stock. But thats just my usage.
    I wish Apple would buy Swiftkey and make it the stock iOS keyboard.
    01-05-2015 03:58 PM
    I wish Apple would buy Swiftkey and make it the stock iOS keyboard.
    As long as it's implemented the way it is on Android.

I have no problem with the stock keyboard and never was one to clamor for a 3rd party one, but SwiftKey wouldn't be bad.

I remember hearing/or reading about how Apple allowing 3rd party keyboards had more to do with China. I can't remember the exact reason why, but China was the influence.
    01-05-2015 04:01 PM
    As long as it's implemented the way it is on Android.

I have no problem with the stock keyboard and never was one to clamor for a 3rd party one, but SwiftKey wouldn't be bad.

I remember hearing/or reading about how Apple allowing 3rd party keyboards had more to do with China. I can't remember the exact reason why, but China was the influence.
    Its possible. They also say that China influenced the 6 plus because they like phablets.
    01-05-2015 06:36 PM
    Stock keyboard is perfect for me.
    01-05-2015 07:41 PM
    Like most have stated here, I've downloaded quite a few of 3rd party keyboards, but in the end I have deleted them all and returned to the stock keyboard. I'm happy enough with it.

tapped out by my P!NK fingers on my iPad Air
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    01-05-2015 08:30 PM
    I still prefer SwiftKey. The stock keyboard keeps bringing up email addresses when I don't want them. It's annoying. No issues with SwiftKey or KuaiBoard. I get an occasional messages app freeze up. But it's not a big deal. KuaiBoard is cool and very useful.

Sent from CrapaTalk on my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.
    01-05-2015 08:40 PM
    I never used them on Android, and I don't see a reason to use one on iOS.
    01-05-2015 09:49 PM
    love the stock!
    01-06-2015 12:26 AM
    I never used them on Android, and I don't see a reason to use one on iOS.
    This is my opinion also!

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
    01-06-2015 01:00 AM
    I use swiftkey when typing in landscape mode on my Plus, but use the standard keyboard for everything else. Prefer the standard to be honest, but the landscape mode isn't very helpful I feel.
    01-06-2015 01:19 AM
    I like the stock keyboard also, mainly because 3rd party keyboards don't get access to iOS shortcuts and I use those all the time.
    01-06-2015 01:21 AM
    I haven't used the 3rd party keyboards on iOS in a while. Have they gotten any better since they were first available? I remember that there were compatibility issues in the beginning.
    01-06-2015 03:52 AM
    I've never had an issue with the stock keyboard on past versions of the iPhone that I've owned, but the 6+ is so huge that I kept pressing period instead of space. It was annoying. Switched to Swiftly today. All is well now. I just needed a bigger spacebar.
    01-06-2015 02:51 PM
146 1234 ...