Best way to sell old phone?

dkbllb

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if this is the best forum for this question, but here goes.

My Verizon contract is up next week and I plan to upgrade my iPhone 5 to a 6+. What's the best way to sell the old phone? It's lived in a Lifeproof case and is in perfect condition, but I don't know a fair price nor the best way to advertise.

Any thoughts?

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Just check out the marketplace. That will give you a starting point for price. Just remember what you have is outdated

53N7 9R0M M4 i6+

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

My Verizon contract is up next week and I plan to upgrade my iPhone 5 to a 6+. What's the best way to sell the old phone? It's lived in a Lifeproof case and is in perfect condition, but I don't know a fair price nor the best way to advertise.

Any thoughts?

I always found craigslist to net me the most money. I agree with the above. Take a look at the marketplace but also take a look at your local Craigslist to see what others in your area are charging.

niko6666

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
If you use Facebook, that's probably the BEST way to sell it. I'm currently in a Facebook Group called, iCell Chicago (hence I'm from Chicago) but there's many other cell phone/ electronic groups on FB. I suggest giving that a try.

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Very true. CL works well. Especially for a local,cash sale. There's a toss up between the two. On the forum... A deal is met and it's sold and shipped right away. The deal is done. On CL you've gotta weed out the flakes. Post your phone on both.

53N7 9R0M M4 i6+

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
r

Any thoughts?

Check eBay.com or swappa.com for an idea of what they are selling for. Those 2 sites are a little safer and less shady than craigslist, but you can also look there as well. Sometimes carriers will give you a gift card for trading the device in that you can use towards a new device. Best buy is running a special right now, and I think some others are too.

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I always sell my old phones in Amazon. They take a small fee, but it's a huge marketplace. Never had a problem.

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Swappa. Only $10 sellers fee (which the buyer pays by the way). STAY AWAY FROM EBAY. Unless you wanna pay 10% of your total sale to ebay.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Swappa, the marketplace, and Craigslist are the best placed IMO. You will get the most cash from Craigslist, but there will be a lot of people trying to scam you. Ex. Paying you more than you advertised, asking you to ship the phone to them, saying they are from the military and its difficult for them to come over and buy it in person, asking for wire transfers, etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2