Ringer and volume questions/bugs help

Love Divine

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I'd appreciate some help. I've got an iPhone 6 Plus running the latest iOS. I'm new to iOS.

1. I can't silence my ringer/alerts with the volume rockers. The lowest it goes is "1 bar" of volume, no matter how many times it's pressed. Even sliding the slider in settings to the lowest volume level doesn't silence it. I want to put it on vibrate only, or keep it completely silent. Is the hardware mute switch the only way to do that? It's annoying when texting at night.

2. Is there any way to silence the outgoing message "swoop" sound? It's kinda annoying and seems to stay the same volume regardless of my ringer volume. That's annoying when texting at night.

3. Is system volume separate from ringer/alert/alarm volume? And are those separate from media volume? And how do I adjust each if they are separate? I assume ringer/alert/system are the same and media volume is separate from those, adjusted by the control center slide up menu. Am I correct?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: #1 - it's working as designed... that's what the switch is for - a quick, easy on/off... in Settings>> Sounds>> Text Tone... scroll to the top for vibration - you have some options there... perhaps one will suit your preferences better than the default settings.

Re: #2 - You can go into settings>> sounds>> and change preferences - pick a different text message sound, or set it to none at all

Re: #3 - Settings>> Sounds>> seems to indicate that ringers and alerts share a sound setting and playing media would have its own setting.

Love Divine

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Re: #1 - it's working as designed... that's what the switch is for - a quick, easy on/off... in Settings>> Sounds>> Text Tone... scroll to the top for vibration - you have some options there... perhaps one will suit your preferences better than the default settings.

Re: #2 - You can go into settings>> sounds>> and change preferences - pick a different text message sound, or set it to none at all

Re: #3 - Settings>> Sounds>> seems to indicate that ringers and alerts share a sound setting and playing media would have its own setting.

Thanks for the response.

So just to clarify: you can't lower the volume to zero with the volume rocker or even settings menu? And the only way to enable vibration is use the mute switch with the option enabled or set the incoming text tone to nothing? If true that makes no sense, and I swear that's not how it was when I got it. Actually I'm pretty sure that I was able to lower the volume to zero and then vibrate with the side volume rocker...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice